PDA

View Full Version : Off duty GA cop breaks women's wrist for talking on phone

Anti Federalist
09-10-2009, 08:16 AM
Even after reading this a couple of times, it remains unclear to me just what this women did to warrant this response.:confused::mad:

Off-duty officer cuffs woman on Bluetooth
By Megan Matteucci

http://www.ajc.com/news/dekalb/off-134800.html

A DeKalb County police officer is on paid administrative leave while police investigate allegations he illegally handcuffed a woman and broke her wrist.

Officer Jameel H. Fraser is under investigation for briefly detaining a Chamblee woman while he was off-duty, police spokeswoman Mekka Parish said.

The woman said she did not know Fraser nor that he was an officer, since he was dressed in civilian clothes.

The allegations stem from a dispute over a cell phone conversation last week.

Kimia McMoore, 34, said she was talking to her daughter on her Bluetooth cell phone outside her apartment on North Hill Parkway when Fraser began harassing her.

According to a police report, Fraser asked McMoore who she was talking to and she pointed to her Bluetooth. Fraser then followed her to her car and attempted to detain her, McMoore told police.

McMoore said she pushed Fraser away and the two continued to argue. She called 911.

That's when Fraser left momentarily and called for back-up, claiming the woman was being disorderly. He returned with a set of handcuffs and placed a cuff on the woman's right wrist, the report states.

Police arrived and placed McMoore -- who had her hands cuffed behind her back -- in the back seat of a patrol car. After questioning the two, police released McMoore without any charges, according to the report.

McMoore said Fraser never showed any identification and she did not know he was an officer.

Fraser, who was dressed in shorts, a T-shirt and a DKPD ball cap, told police he advised the woman he was an officer. But he but did not have a badge or any identification with him, he said.

McMoore was treated at Northside Hospital for a broken wrist, according to hospital records. McMoore said she injured her wrist when Fraser placed the handcuff on her.

Parish said the incident is under investigation and Fraser has been placed on leave with pay. Fraser, who is assigned to evening watch in the Tucker Precinct, has been on the force for a year and eight months, Parish said.

McMoore said she applied for a warrant in DeKalb County Magistrate Court. As of Wednesday afternoon, no warrant had been issued.

Fraser did not return a phone call left at the precinct Wednesday.

PaulaGem
09-10-2009, 08:34 AM
I hope he's getting a psych eval while he's on leave....

sevin
09-10-2009, 09:14 AM
Parish said the incident is under investigation and Fraser has been placed on leave with pay.

Why do they always go on leave with pay? The way to punish an officer would be to put him on leave without pay.

This teaches officers that if you want a paid vacation, all you have to do is beat the shit out of some innocent civilian. :mad:

Krugerrand
09-10-2009, 09:26 AM
Why do they always go on leave with pay? The way to punish an officer would be to put him on leave without pay.

This teaches officers that if you want a paid vacation, all you have to do is beat the shit out of some innocent civilian. :mad:

Reason: What if the woman lied and the incident never happened? The officer cannot be punished for the accusation. At the same time, the department does not want to leave a potentially looney cop on patrol. So, until the facts are established and analyzed, they go on paid leave.

Looking at the story, it appears obvious ... but if the policeman were somebody I cared about, I'd want to know he's not being punished until after they are certain of his actions.

Reason
09-10-2009, 09:29 AM
A video would have been awesome... Too bad we will never know how true any of this was or what his motivations were.

tremendoustie
09-10-2009, 10:02 AM
Reason: What if the woman lied and the incident never happened? The officer cannot be punished for the accusation. At the same time, the department does not want to leave a potentially looney cop on patrol. So, until the facts are established and analyzed, they go on paid leave.

Looking at the story, it appears obvious ... but if the policeman were somebody I cared about, I'd want to know he's not being punished until after they are certain of his actions.

If there were any justice, he would be in jail, scrounging for bail for his assault, battery, and kidnapping, as the rest of us would be if we had assaulted, battered, and kidnapped someone.

dannno
09-10-2009, 10:15 AM
Kimia McMoore, 34, said she was talking to her daughter on her Bluetooth cell phone outside her apartment on North Hill Parkway when Fraser began harassing her.

According to a police report, Fraser asked McMoore who she was talking to and she pointed to her Bluetooth. Fraser then followed her to her car and attempted to detain her, McMoore told police.

Ya wtf did she do wrong :confused:

tmosley
09-10-2009, 10:17 AM
If there were any justice, he would be in jail, scrounging for bail for his assault, battery, and kidnapping, as the rest of us would be if we had assaulted, battered, and kidnapped someone.

qft

Krugerrand
09-10-2009, 11:08 AM

Has the woman pressed charges? I'm fine w/ the jail and bail scrounging if she pressed charges.