PDA

View Full Version : 2 years and 2,222 Posts Later . . .

bobbyw24
09-10-2009, 05:53 AM
Can't believe that it's been 2 years since I joined RPF. A local Meet UP member told me to check it out but warned that, "They are an anything-goes group over there." Initially I signed up just to get updated news on the campaign. I posted very infrequently my first year here.

In the last year or so, I have posted quite a bit--mostly articles in the Economics and Sound Money section. I still get people who complain that I post too many articles or that I don't state my opinion on many of the topics that I post. The moderators don't seem to mind as they have told me there is no rule against this and have expressed appreciation for me taking the time to do so.

I recall several months after the election when there were hardly any people or posts here. The place seemed to be dying. Then the economy got much worse--like that Ron Paul guy said it would.

Once again, the forums are a place to share news on the economy and spread the word of freedom and liberty. For many of us, this site is THE place for us to get (or post) the latest news on the American economy and polity.

Having said that, I think we need to focus on getting the forums more exposure and more members. Some of my suggestions to grow the forums include:

1. Pay the $20 for an Annual Subscription for this site. I know that this is a free site, but Josh and the others who run it pay money out of their own pockets to keep it going. Help them defray the costs for the site that you come to every day for breaking news and commentary. $20 is not a lot of money. Sign up at http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=157603

2. Post the articles found in RPF on people's Facebook pages using the RPF URLs. I do this often to drive traffic here. If I find an article I want to send to friends, I post it here first then post the RPF link on friends' pages.

3. Email PRF articles/links to pertinent groups. I am a member of a national consumer bankruptcy lawyers group and I send articles on the economy to 3,000 members every day using RPF links. Members write to me saying, "I had no idea about this site-it's a great place to get all these articles without visiting scores of other sites." Many of those lawyers don't care for Ron Paul, but they like the site and use it.

4. Use a link to Liberty Forest in your email signature. I never thought that people paid attention to email signatures. I was wrong. Several friends have told me that they found this site thru my email sig. I use, "For breaking news on the economy check out . . . "

5. Put the URL on your business card. Many of us use Vista Print for cheap cards. Add the Liberty Forest URL to the card.

6. When posting comments on other web sites, mention the URL for this site.

7. Post RFP links to your Twitter account. I use http://www.RSS2Twitter.com and post every Economics and Sound Money article to my Twitter account in an effort to drive traffic to RPF. My Twitter site is: http://www.twitter.com/AbolishTheFed If I want to post an article to Twitter, I will first post it to RPF then I will put the RPF link on Twitter.

Keep the thread going and post ideas on how to get more traffic to this site.

Todd
09-10-2009, 05:58 AM
How about trying to get some of the older members who left and actually contributed back.

MsDoodahs
09-10-2009, 06:08 AM
Great ideas, Bobby.

:)

How about trying to get some of the older members who left and actually contributed back.

Maybe an email from Josh encouraing folks to check out the latest goings on is possible?

acptulsa
09-10-2009, 06:32 AM
Oh thank God. I saw that thread title and was afraid you were going to disappear. Bad enough Sarge has been scarce of late...

You're a good man to have around, bobby.

bobbyw24
09-10-2009, 06:44 AM
No, I am not leaving. Thought about it a lot but ain't gonna do it.

I recall some of my first posts as a new member were from the National Ledger (no friend of Ron Paul). I posted them to show everyone what our adversaries were saying and I got flamed with members here telling me that I didn't belong here and that I was a troll. I simply relied to them that if that is the way they treat new members, there aren't gonna be any new members.

Live_Free_Or_Die
09-10-2009, 06:56 AM

+1

kahless
09-10-2009, 07:16 AM
1. Pay the $20 for an Annual Subscription for this site. I know that this is a free site, but Josh and the others who run it pay money out of their own pockets to keep it going. Help them defray the costs for the site that you come to every day for breaking news and commentary. $20 is not a lot of money. Sign up at http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=157603

Are you speaking from first hand knowledge here? With all the traffic and advertising appearing on this site it is not pulling a substantial profit to cover operating costs? :confused:

bobbyw24
09-10-2009, 07:21 AM
Are you speaking from first hand knowledge here? With all the traffic and advertising appearing on this site it is not pulling a substantial profit to cover operating costs? :confused:

But I doubt that the advertising here brings in a substantial profit. I will still pay $20/year even if the site runs a profit. I don't mind giving financial support to a website that I use daily and "profit" from.

bobbyw24
09-10-2009, 06:05 PM
Review End the Fed at Amazon and adviser viewers to go to www.LibertyForest.com to get the latest updates on Ron Paul's bill to Audit the Fed

stu2002
09-11-2009, 10:56 AM
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=65179460922&ref=ts