PDA

View Full Version : would things be better if McCain had won?

cindy25
09-10-2009, 05:08 AM
as big a disappointment that Obama is I think he is still the lesser of evils.

McCain would have bombed Iran, oil would be $250, unemployment at 20%, compulsory national service passed by spineless dems in Congress etc

Anti Federalist
09-10-2009, 07:42 AM
Continuity of Policy.

Change that is not change.

Welcome...to the machine.

Aratus
09-10-2009, 08:43 AM
we all know john mccain would have done several things differently... i am not sure how differently!

acptulsa
09-10-2009, 08:48 AM
we all know john mccain would have done several things differently... i am not sure how differently!

Instead of teaching his attack dogs how to say 'racism', he just would have cussed his opponents personally. Oh, and he wouldn't have used nearly as many big words.

Matt Collins
09-10-2009, 09:25 AM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=152136

Reason
09-10-2009, 09:27 AM
McCain would have probably invaded Pakistan by now and told the Iraqi parliament to sit on the SOFA agreement and spin.

Matt Collins
09-10-2009, 09:31 AM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=169668

(slightly modified)

Obama/McCain, It's All the Same...

Foreign Policy
- Both support an aggressive, interventionist foreign policy
- Both support the "Bush Doctrine" of preemptive war on sovereign nations
- Neither support scaling down the enormous expenditure of policing and occupying the world by closing any one of the 700 bases we have in over 140 countries worldwide
- Both will expand the war in Iraq into Afghanistan, Pakistan and Syria
- Both will expand U.N.

operations worldwide
- Both pay lip service to our continued support of Israel, while not mentioning the fact that we give 3 times as much monetary aid to its enemies
- Neither has mentioned the idea of not sending any monetary aid to other countries while the People of America suffer the consequences of a $1 trillion deficit and a $10 trillion + debt
- Both took an offensive stance against Russia, while supporting Georgia, the true aggressors in the Russian/Georgian conflict.. and of course neither has talked about just staying out of the situation all together
- Neither has taken anything, including a preemptive nuclear strike, off the table when dealing with Iran
- Neither support the humble, non-interventionist foreign policy that our Founding Fathers prescribed

Domestic Policy
- Both support the Patriot Act
- Both support the Violent Radicalization and Homegrown Terrorism Prevention Act
- Both will increase Federal spending
- Both support the expansion of our borders 100 miles inland effectively creating a "Constitution Free Zone" that encompasses 2/3 of all Americans
- Neither plan to abolish any one of the unconstitutional or redundant departments of the Federal government
- Both support the militarization of our police
- Neither plan on reinstating the Constitutional principle of property rights as a way of combating pollution
- Both support amnesty for illegal immigrants
- Both support the North American Union
- Both support NAFTA, CAFTA and the WTO as opposed to truly free trade
- Neither support the 10th Amendment of our Bill of Rights by continuing the many unconstitutional programs and laws that do not fall under the authority of the Federal government
- Neither support a healthcare or education system controlled by the People as opposed to government bureaucracies and corporations
- Neither support states' rights in regard to drugs, education, abortion or marriage
- Neither support an un-infringed 2nd amendment

Economy
- Both support the unconstitutional Federal Reserve System
- Both support the redistribution of wealth via inflation
- Neither support free market solutions to our current economic situation
- Neither support Article 1 Sections 8 and 9 of the Constitution by continuing the confiscation of the People's money, gold and silver, in place of a FIAT currency system
- Both support an increased influence of such global government entities as the IMF and world bank
- Both supported the $850 billion+ Wall Street bailout bill
- Both support expanding government intervention in our market
- Both support the income tax and 16th amendment
- Neither have alternative plans for the future of welfare programs such as Social Security, Medicare and Medicade but will both continue or even expand these programs that are bankrupting our nation

Miscellaneous
- Both have accepted hundreds of thousands of dollars from banks, major corporations and lobbyists
- Neither believe in strict adherence to the Constitution
- Both of their vice-presidential candidates plan to use more power than is vested in them by the Constitution
- Both believe the United States to be a Democracy as opposed to the Constitutional Republic that the Constitution and our Founding Fathers intended

(Originally posted by ItsTime)

BuddyRey
09-10-2009, 09:42 AM
Things would be worse under McCain because the FOX news watching masses would still be asleep and wouldn't be protesting McCain raising taxes or confiscating guns. I hate to think this, but it took the powers that be putting a black face on tyranny for a lot of people to get riled up, which is very sad.

Matt Collins
09-10-2009, 09:44 AM
I hate to think this, but it took the powers that be putting a black face on tyranny for a lot of people to get riled up.I really don't think skin color has much, if anything, to do with it. If Alan Keyes had won, the conservatives would've been jumping for joy.

BuddyRey
09-10-2009, 09:46 AM
I really don't think skin color has much, if anything, to do with it. If Alan Keyes had won, the conservatives would've been jumping for joy.

True, but Alan Keyes is only a social tyrant, and that doesn't bother most conservatives. "Mess with the gays or atheists all you want", say these folks. "Just don't come near our pocket books."

acptulsa
09-10-2009, 09:47 AM
I really don't think skin color has much, if anything, to do with it.

This. The conservatives are getting riled up because it's the Democrats trying to socialize the world (the Clintons were both white, but I sure remember their health care shenanigans getting conservatives all riled up). And the liberals are getting all riled up because they don't have a 'winning isn't everything, it's the only thing' mentality when it comes to phyrric victories--and Biden's selection and the escalation of the imperialistic wars definitely put the quote marks on their "victory".

Natalie
09-10-2009, 11:13 AM
as big a disappointment that Obama is I think he is still the lesser of evils.

McCain would have bombed Iran, oil would be $250, unemployment at 20%, compulsory national service passed by spineless dems in Congress etc

Yeah. Obama is terrible but McCain would have been worse. I voted for the same. They are both terrible in (slightly) different ways.

Brian4Liberty
09-10-2009, 11:24 AM
Things would be worse under McCain because the FOX news watching masses would still be asleep and wouldn't be protesting McCain raising taxes or confiscating guns. I hate to think this, but it took the powers that be putting a Democrat face on tyranny for a lot of people to get riled up, which is very sad.

I agree, but with one fix... ;)

krazy kaju
09-10-2009, 12:23 PM
Things would have been slightly better, since less spending would have gone through under McCain.

acptulsa
09-10-2009, 12:25 PM
Things would have been slightly better, since less spending would have gone through under McCain.

Pfft. If you're talking about the national debt, you're forgetting which three presidents (to date) have driven it up the most. Here's a hint, two had the same last name and the third used brown shoe polish on his hair.

As for the spending side of the equation alone, you forget that McCain is as liberal with your money as anyone, ever. Look at his damned voting record.

anaconda
09-10-2009, 01:05 PM
McCain and Palin were probably "selected" to lose. I honestly don't think the NWO got what they bargained for with Soetoro. I think they thought he could sweet talk everyone into tyranny. I don't think they expected this backlash. I dunno. Maybe I'm crazy.

Stary Hickory
09-10-2009, 01:54 PM
Better IMO. I didn't like McCain but he is the lesser evil of the two. We would not be embroiled in a fight for every freedom we have liek we are now. The same Neocon warmongering would continue, but that is still continuing, it's just now the Liberal warmongers doing it.

Obama was a big mistake. McCain would have been a smaller mistake...but a mistake none the less.

erowe1
09-10-2009, 02:30 PM
If McCain had won, then we'd already have his bipartisan version of universal health care, and most of the Republicans who now oppose it would have supported it for McCain.

So, we'd be worse.

Mini-Me
09-10-2009, 02:42 PM
I voted that things would be the same, but actually, I should have voted that things would be worse. The country would be in equally bad shape right now if McCain had won, but our future would be worse: It was crucial for the naive young leftists (the civil libertarian ones) to experience Obama's failure and broken promises. We will only truly have a chance once the liberals are just as disenfranchised with the Democrats as the conservatives are with the Republicans.

georgiaboy
09-10-2009, 02:48 PM
worse for sure.
We'd have all the same economic and policy woes, but a GOP victory sadly would've dramatically reduced the impact of the RP revolution. We'd have been regarded as politically impotent and still be in the "ignore" phase.

emazur
09-10-2009, 02:59 PM
I voted that things would be the same, but actually, I should have voted that things would be worse. The country would be in equally bad shape right now if McCain had won, but our future would be worse: It was crucial for the naive young leftists (the civil libertarian ones) to experience Obama's failure and broken promises. We will only truly have a chance once the liberals are just as disenfranchised with the Democrats as the conservatives are with the Republicans.

That's I good point. I voted worse b/c the Republicans REALLY needed to get their asses kicked if there was any shred of hope for them to change. There are some out there saying the GOP failed b/c it failed to live up to its platform (some credible - like Sanford, some not credible - like Fred Thompson), but sadly there are still many people out there who think the GOP is too far to the right.

akforme
09-10-2009, 03:40 PM
McCain and Palin were probably "selected" to lose. I honestly don't think the NWO got what they bargained for with Soetoro. I think they thought he could sweet talk everyone into tyranny. I don't think they expected this backlash. I dunno. Maybe I'm crazy.

I kinda thought that was his reason for picking Palin. A sure loss.