PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul: Please Take Obama Up On His Offer

Live_Free_Or_Die
09-10-2009, 03:09 AM
Please take President Obama up on his offer of invitation in his speech to discuss any solution to health care with legislators.

Please draft a plan or pen the principals required to reduce health care costs, circulate it to the office of the President and media, and make an announcement that you wish to take the President up on his offer of intellectual debate.

anaconda
09-10-2009, 03:14 AM
Just like Charlie Sheen!

Objectivist
09-10-2009, 03:19 AM
The Repos already sent a letter to the POTUS offering a meeting and the POTUS declined.

Then reducing healthcare costs has nothing to do with the government.... other than government intervention causing the costs to soar.

Live_Free_Or_Die
09-10-2009, 03:43 AM
Just like Charlie Sheen!

I never followed that story but am aware Sheen was questioning 911. What was the outcome or your point because I am sure you have a subtle message you are conveying.

anaconda
09-11-2009, 12:23 AM
I never followed that story but am aware Sheen was questioning 911. What was the outcome or your point because I am sure you have a subtle message you are conveying.

It's just that I had read an article minutes before about Charlie Sheen hypothetically visiting one on one with the President. The idea of RP sitting down with the President seemed to follow stylistically somehow... I even thought of them having beers on the patio like the police commissioner and the Harvard professor. With respect to your question, Sheen publicly questioned the official 9-11 story in early 2006, and I believe was the first Hollywood celebrity to do so. Then yesterday he came out with a short video and I think some kind of letter and/or hypothetical transcript of a dialog with the President. Here's acouple of links:

YouTube - Charlie Sheen's Video Message to President Obama (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyKR2-A0KPU)

http://www.prisonplanet.com/the-alex-jones-show-l-i-v-e-september-8th-charlie-sheens-letter-to-the-president.html

Live_Free_Or_Die
09-11-2009, 04:58 AM
Oh, I was more interested in Ron Paul capitalizing on an opportunity for publicity. Did you see his reddit video? That was awesome getting to listen to Ron Paul put things into context. More of that please. We hear a lot from Ron Paul on the issues he focuses on but rarely get videos like that where he elaborates on popular issues that have no place in politics and why.

angelatc
09-11-2009, 05:12 AM
Please take President Obama up on his offer of invitation in his speech to discuss any solution to health care with legislators.

Please draft a plan or pen the principals required to reduce health care costs, circulate it to the office of the President and media, and make an announcement that you wish to take the President up on his offer of intellectual debate.

You think he actually meant that?

Live_Free_Or_Die
09-11-2009, 05:47 AM
You think he actually meant that?

Nope but I consider that irrelevant and see no reason to be afraid of advocating the ideas and principles of liberty and adherence to the constitution.

There are many plays Ron Paul could make starting with...

Mr. President there is no express delegation of power in the constitution to the federal government to regulate the health care of the American people.

I advocated for Congress to vote up or down to declare war with Iraq and I am advocating now that before considering spending tax payer money to expand the role of government into health care a President should advocate for a constitutional amendment to expand the role of government.