PDA

View Full Version : CNN: Thompson raises more than $7 million

Alabama Supporter
09-29-2007, 08:07 AM
I guess he is not the next Ronald Reagan looking at that figure. I think Romney raised almost that much in his first day.

7mil also makes me think that Newt's 30mil goal is unobtainable.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2007/09/29/thompson-to-show-more-than-7-million/

Cowlesy
09-29-2007, 08:14 AM
Don't be so sure. The big wallet Republicans across the board aren't raising anywhere near what they used to. It's not because all the Republicans turned poor all of a sudden, it's because they're sitting on the sidelines waiting...

jonahtrainer
09-29-2007, 08:15 AM
Don't be so sure. The big wallet Republicans across the board aren't raising anywhere near what they used to. It's not because all the Republicans turned poor all of a sudden, it's because they're sitting on the sidelines waiting...

No, it is because the big money is behind Hillary. They are two wings on the same bird.

trispear
09-29-2007, 09:01 AM
From the straw polls, I keep hearing that the local Republican organizations are poor/bankrupt and that it is not what it used to be in 2000.

My guess is W and his ilk have made driven many people away and made the base much smaller. You can thank Karl Rove (former democrat) and his tactics for that. Win a few battles, lose the war.

Unless they nominate RP, this shows that the republicans are going down next year. No one is excited over the rest since they are all more of the same.