PDA

View Full Version : Body language: Obama is making Republican Congress in audience visibly uncomfortable?

Liberty Star
09-09-2009, 06:43 PM
Did any one see facial expressions and body language of GOP members sitting in his audience when he blamed "prominent politicians" and just talking heads in media for "bogus claims" about death panels?
Then someone boo'd and Pelosi mumbled something and tried to confer with Biden in a strange moment on camera.

I wasn't going to watch another boring speech but tension in the room and Dem claps vs Republican dead silence/occaional boos seem to make it an interesting speech.

Chieppa1
09-09-2009, 06:49 PM
I want all out fist a cuffs. While Dr. Paul sneaks up to the front and starts to give HIS speech to the nation.:D

Immortal Technique
09-09-2009, 06:57 PM
I think Obama's speech will further put his so called bill to bed.
To sum up the plan he is going to mandate every citizen to get Health insurance ( you will be penalized if you don't) , he said the same way people have to have car insurance, in turn he will suck more money out of the insurance companies and this is how he said his "Public Option" will be paid for.
He said he will not sign a bill the will ever add to the deficit (Yeah right)
Oh god hes talking about Ted Kennedy now, i knew he would invoke his death.

orafi
09-09-2009, 07:01 PM
tube?

Objectivist
09-09-2009, 07:05 PM
I turned it on towards the end and realized he's lied about everything else, so why would I pay attention to this immoral person now.

Epic
09-09-2009, 07:09 PM
Obama's got all the special interests on his side:

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/politics/Obama-shadow-boxes-with-_enemies_-of-health-plan-8213318-57814147.html

ShowMeLiberty
09-09-2009, 07:11 PM
I want all out fist a cuffs. While Dr. Paul sneaks up to the front and starts to give HIS speech to the nation.:D

^ This. :D

jmdrake
09-09-2009, 07:13 PM
I think Obama's speech will further put his so called bill to bed.
To sum up the plan he is going to mandate every citizen to get Health insurance ( you will be penalized if you don't) , he said the same way people have to have car insurance, in turn he will suck more money out of the insurance companies and this is how he said his "Public Option" will be paid for.
He said he will not sign a bill the will ever add to the deficit (Yeah right)
Oh god hes talking about Ted Kennedy now, i knew he would invoke his death.

Here's the problem with the stupid "car insurance" analogy. I'm only required to have enough insurance to fix the other guy's car if I cause an accident! By analogy Obama should only require me to have insurance against getting somebody else sick.

tangent4ronpaul
09-09-2009, 07:23 PM
WOW! - that was some some serious ass kissing! Why didn't he just drop hi pants, spread um and have everyone line up to pay homage - would have been faster.

Yeah - anyone notice that the camera's rarely panned the Repub side - and they were generally sitting and not clapping.

So he's going to outline his plan.... what's new.... hmmm... well, he wants something in there where if it's not paying for itself, costs would be cut. Look for the section titled "unplug granny". What else... Oh yeah, he wants to set up a limited study to look at limiting liability - uh, yeah - like that's going anywhere.... OH - and they are keeping the "public option" that they only expect 5% of people to opt for - rrriiiiggghhhttt!

Otherwise, just the same lies pushing the Dem plan.

-t

NerveShocker
09-09-2009, 07:26 PM
I dunno about that but did you see the beginning? Obama was standing in a hallway or entrance way and was standing still with his fingers interlaced.. he stood there for a good 10-15 seconds and an ominous-looking shadow was covering his face just at the nose area and up. I swear he looked like Darth Vader for those few seconds. You guys can check the video maybe you'll see what I mean. I don't think it was planned but it certainly looked like it was, and it creeped me out just a bit.

InterestedParticipant
09-09-2009, 07:37 PM
I didn't watch the speech, but given the discussion here I wonder how much NLP was written into the text? I'm sure it was loaded with a tonne of subliminal messaging.

revolutionisnow
09-09-2009, 07:42 PM
So Americans will be fined if they don't get health insurance, but illegals can go without and continue to get treated for "free" at hospitals.

Liberty Star
09-09-2009, 08:19 PM
Did any one see facial expressions and body language of GOP members sitting in his audience when he blamed "prominent politicians" and just talking heads in media for "bogus claims" about death panels?
Then someone boo'd and Pelosi mumbled something and tried to confer with Biden in a strange moment on camera.

I wasn't going to watch another boring speech but tension in the room and Dem claps vs Republican dead silence/occaional boos seem to make it an interesting speech.

I stand corrected, that Pelosi mumble thing occured couple of moments later after Obama said that claims that his health care plan "would cover illegals and abortion" were false, apparently that's when Joe Wilson (R-SC) yelled "you lie" and some awkwards moments followed that.