PDA

View Full Version : Direct Mail

dr. hfn
09-09-2009, 04:30 PM
Kokesh campaign needs to officially set another moneybomb and promote it with the grassroots and then hire a campaign staff and start direct mailing people.

First segment the voters, then direct mail them and go door to door. Thats how you win an election. Events are great for publicity and name recognition, but not winning.

ronpaulhawaii
09-09-2009, 05:03 PM
Kokesh campaign needs to officially set another moneybomb and promote it with the grassroots and then hire a campaign staff and start direct mailing people.

First segment the voters, then direct mail them and go door to door. Thats how you win an election. Events are great for publicity and name recognition, but not winning.

Glad you brought this up. As a campaign, we are not relying heavily on the money-bomb model for fund-raising. It has been my observation that the moneybombs work best when the grassroots feel ownership of the event. That said, we are extremely interested in anything we can do to help grassroots initiatives along these lines. IOWs, as a campaign we are starting a push to raise our total above 100k by the end of the quarter. Working alongside the grassroots to promote a bomb to help that effort will be very much appreciated and supported.

Regarding Direct Mail, it is already incorporated into our strategy, of course, we will need to be in a better finacial position before starting. Along those lines, Nov 10 is the birthday of the Marine Corp... (wink wink-nudge nudge)

:D

dr. hfn
09-09-2009, 05:26 PM
I personally like the idea of having a Moneybomb on Nov. 5th in which everyone donates to Kokesh, Rand, and Schiff in whatever amounts they want.

Kevin_Kennedy
09-09-2009, 06:01 PM
I think we're trying to set up a mini-bomb for Sept. 30 for Kokesh to get him over $100,000. We need to get promotional materials out for it, however.

dr. hfn
09-09-2009, 06:37 PM
I think we're trying to set up a mini-bomb for Sept. 30 for Kokesh to get him over $100,000. We need to get promotional materials out for it, however.

We can use a modified version of the KentuckyFight site. We will need flyers, business cards, new videos, a coalition, and a theme.

Kevin_Kennedy
09-09-2009, 07:02 PM
We can use a modified version of the KentuckyFight site. We will need flyers, business cards, new videos, a coalition, and a theme.

I don't know about a theme. I just call it the Push to $100,000.

ronpaulhawaii
09-09-2009, 08:09 PM

A theme? Hmmmm....

Push for $100,000 is the bottom line...

Well, the idea is more of avoiding a (primary) fight. The original bomb did good at making people think twice about mounting a challenge. A secondary explosion of funding, to get us over the hump, will reinforce that. (While we do have strong support in some areas, and nominal support others, I'm sure we are being watched closely and factions would like to present a different candidate). The quicker we can secure the field, the quicker we can focus on our general strategy.

Just food for thought...

I just talked to someone from the upcoming Freedom Conference 2009, (in Pittsburg - 9/22 following the G20) and he will make sure flyers get put out.

Need a url...

push to 100000?
secure the field?
avoid a fight? :p

something with New Mexico?

there are lots of 3's involved...

Hmmm... I'll start putting out feelers for the other needs...

Go GrassROOTS!

Kevin_Kennedy
09-09-2009, 08:53 PM
I think the Push to $100,000 or Clear the Field sound good, since Adam's website is promoting "$100k to Clear the Field." Hawaii is right that getting to $100k is the bottom line and I think we should keep the bomb focused on that. Kentucky Fight is great for Rand's bomb and the situation going on with that, but I think setting an attainable goal that Adam has asked for all along is the best idea here.

KCIndy
09-10-2009, 04:39 PM
A theme? Hmmmm....

Push for $100,000 is the bottom line...

Well, the idea is more of avoiding a (primary) fight. The original bomb did good at making people think twice about mounting a challenge. A secondary explosion of funding, to get us over the hump, will reinforce that.

Maybe $30 donations on Sept 30th??

Think we can get 1,000 people to pledge $30 between now and then? Just a thought.

ronpaulhawaii
09-10-2009, 05:49 PM
Maybe $30 donations on Sept 30th??

Think we can get 1,000 people to pledge $30 between now and then? Just a thought.

I like this angle. We can certainly do our best.

I think - Clear The Field works. Who should buy the url? I can, but...

And here is a message from Adam, inspired by this thread and talking to you guys.

YouTube - Thank You to the Grassroots (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARZXR81eOq8)

:D:D:D