PDA

View Full Version : Diversity watch: Glenn Beck going after Obama czar Cass Sunstein under pressure?

Liberty Star
09-09-2009, 11:50 AM
This probably has nothing to do with "diversity" video ad Fox has been airing after election of Obama. For those who follow him regularly, is Glenn Beck giving in to diversity pressure from libs that he has to go after a "white" czars in Obama adminstration too or these attcks are consistent with his track record given beliefs of Beck and Sunstein?

Glenn Beck targets Cass Sunstein

Attacks on Sunstein Frustrate Conservative Fans

Admirers of Obama Nominee Say He Does Not Fit Van Jones Mold

By David Weigel 9/9/09 12:01 AM

http://washingtonindependent.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/Sunstein1.jpg

http://washingtonindependent.com/58152/attacks-on-sunstein-frustrate-conservative-fans

FrankRep
09-09-2009, 11:54 AM
Diversity watch?

Czars are Czars. Take them all down.

Liberty Star
09-09-2009, 12:06 PM
There was speculation about Obama diversity czars coming down on Fox using diversity as an excuse, Fox has been trying to show more "diversity" in its ad campaign lately. It will be interesting to see how this manifests in Gelnn Beck target list. Very few people had heard about this CS guy till Beck started attacking him soon after his attacks on Van Jones.

Epic
09-09-2009, 12:10 PM
Sunstein isn't the guy to go after.

I think the FCC guy is the better option. But he's black.

FrankRep
09-09-2009, 12:10 PM
There was speculation about Obama diversity czars coming down on Fox using diversity as an excuse, Fox has been trying to show more "diversity" in its ad campaign lately. It will be interesting to see how this manifests in Gelnn Beck target list. Very few people had heard about this CS guy till Beck started attacking him soon after his attacks on Van Jones.
Sounds like a game of Chess.

Liberty Star
09-09-2009, 12:22 PM

So he's making his target list not on merit but based on skin color so he's not labeled as a "racist" by diversity czar or libs. His next target apparently has some libertarian views:

Glenn Beck targets Cass Sunstein!

September 09th, 2009
By Mahua Ray Das

Looks like Glenn Beck wants badly to target Cass Sunstein as the next czar. Cass Sunstein happens to be the president’s regulations adviser. He is also one of the few conservative appointments by President Obama.

Cass Sunstein get support from many conservatives as well as Libertarians where as Beck is a Libertarian. Sunstein is a legal scholar and has authored many books of regulations. This is one of the many reasons, why Beck is ready to oppose Sunstein.

Beck attacks Sunstein that he would be put a ban on hunting and would finally force people to donate organs.

The Washington Independent does a lot of research on Sunsetin. Beck is also ready to attack with a lot of quotes from Sunstein.

Or maybe it's not as it is being reported, it's funny how this guy also calls even Beck a libertarian. Let's see how this unfolds.

catdd
09-09-2009, 12:26 PM
"Attacks on Sunstein Frustrate Conservative Fans"

Doesn't frustrate me. I think all of the Czars should be singled out and inspected one at a time regardless of race, creed, or religion. We have a right to know about these people.

kahless
09-09-2009, 12:32 PM
So he's making his target list not on merit but based on skin color so he's not labeled as a "racist" by diversity czar or libs.

You mean we have other Czars that have said things crazier than Cass Sunstein's belief that we should grant animals and inanimate objects a right to bring a lawsuit? How could he not touch that story first. :)

mczerone
09-09-2009, 12:36 PM

Cass Sunstein is a guy to "go after". Get ready to be "paternalized", you know, for your own good.

His name has been coming up a ton in my reading, and I have yet to see something I can agree with him on.

Liberty Star
09-09-2009, 12:49 PM
But does that justify for Beck to try and get him fired?

catdd
09-09-2009, 01:17 PM
Being an avid hunter and fisherman I have to see this guy as an enemy. I'm in no hurry to be brought to trial on murder charges for killing a deer. Or being sued by a school of bass for not releasing their relatives.

Feenix566
09-09-2009, 01:33 PM
I read that whole article from the OP. It states as fact that Sunstein has "libertarian" views, yet fails to offer a single fact to back that up. The only evidence offered is Sunstein's approval from a few "libertarian" law professors, and of course there isn't any evidence offered as to what their views really are or why they support Sunstein.

Oh and it says that Sunsteins' book, "Nudge", advocated "libertarian paternalism". Talk about a contradiction in terms!!

tonesforjonesbones
09-09-2009, 01:37 PM
Well..that's just crazy he wants animals to be able to sue their masters? What nonsense! ALL czars should be vetted and brought before the senate ....they need background checks etc...Beck has been targeting the czars period. tones

BlackTerrel
09-09-2009, 02:31 PM

What's worst about the FCC guy?

Chase
09-09-2009, 02:49 PM
What's worst about the FCC guy?

The FCC guy has some wild proposals about how private broadcasters (eg talk radio) should have to pay 100% of their operating costs to taxes, which would then fund state radio, and how any of a myriad of so-called diversity "violations" conducted in the course of said operations would be heavily fined.

catdd
09-09-2009, 03:32 PM
The FCC guy has some wild proposals about how private broadcasters (eg talk radio) should have to pay 100% of their operating costs to taxes, which would then fund state radio, and how any of a myriad of so-called diversity "violations" conducted in the course of said operations would be heavily fined.

YouTube - Glenn Beck on Obama's New 'Fairness Doctrine', FCC Diversity Czar [Chief Diversity Officer] (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8dBe_r_6c0)

angelatc
09-09-2009, 04:15 PM
Sunstein also thinks that trees should be able to sue. Any tool to deprive people of property is ok by him.

Liberty Star
09-09-2009, 06:33 PM
Sunstein also thinks that trees should be able to sue. Any tool to deprive people of property is ok by him.

Have to say that's just way over the top.

Deborah K
09-09-2009, 06:47 PM
Sunstein advocates population control through forced abortions and sterilants in the water. He is a eugenics guy. He also advocates for animals' right to sue. Also an advocate of banning hunting.

NOT kidding!

BlackTerrel
09-09-2009, 07:00 PM
Sunstein advocates population control through forced abortions and sterilants in the water.

Sterilants in the water? That is far worse then Van Jones if true... do you have a link?

Deborah K
09-09-2009, 07:17 PM
Sterilants in the water? That is far worse then Van Jones if true... do you have a link?

hang on, I'll look for one.

Deborah K
09-09-2009, 07:25 PM

Actually it's his Science Czar John Holdren: http://zombietime.com/john_holdren/

my bad.

jmdrake
09-09-2009, 08:01 PM
Sunstein doesn't believe in freedom of communication. He's WORSE than Van Jones! That and he wants to ban sport hunting and thinks that animals should be able to sue.

http://stopsunstein.com/

"A system of limitless individual choices, with respect to communications, is not necessarily
in the interest of citizenship and
self-government."

Wulfslęd
09-09-2009, 08:11 PM
Stupid question...

What would a fish do with his money if he won a lawsuit against a fisherman?

Standing Like A Rock
09-09-2009, 08:17 PM
Stupid question...

What would a fish do with his money if he won a lawsuit against a fisherman?

I'm pretty sure the government would supply the fish a state-of-the-art aquarium out of the fisherman's pocket :rolleyes:

Valene
09-09-2009, 08:30 PM
This Sunstein really scares me because people that want animals to be treated like humans really only want humans to be treated like animals.

Liberty Star
09-09-2009, 08:32 PM
This Sunstein really scares me because people that want animals to be treated like humans really only want humans to be treated like animals.

Any they probably believe that humans are just social animals LOL

Deborah K
09-09-2009, 08:35 PM
Any they probably believe that humans are just social animals LOL

Oh there's no probably to it. They definitely do! That is what secular humanism is all about.

LibForestPaul
09-09-2009, 09:02 PM
"A system of limitless individual choices, with respect to communications, is not necessarily in the interest of citizenship and self-government."[

"A system of limitless individual choices, with respect to _________, is not necessarily in the interest of citizenship and self-government."

A. Health Care
B. Communications
C. Internet communications
D. Broadcast
E. Housing
F. Transportation
G. End Of Life Issues
H. All of the above, and many more

BlackTerrel
09-09-2009, 09:13 PM
Actually it's his Science Czar John Holdren: http://zombietime.com/john_holdren/

my bad.

Thank you for the link. A bit scary.

To be fair this is from a 3 person textbook written 32 years ago. In his rebuttal he claims that he was outlaying what could happen, not advocating it.

I'd like to read the textbook regardless.

boat6868
09-09-2009, 09:23 PM
How does O find these loons?

Deborah K
09-09-2009, 09:34 PM

To be fair this is from a 3 person textbook written 32 years ago. In his rebuttal he claims that he was outlaying what could happen, not advocating it.

I don't think it should matter whether he wrote it 32 years ago. Unless he denounces it, which he has not, then he is dangerous to liberty and doesn't belong in an unelected postion making policy for the rest of us.

Deborah K
09-09-2009, 09:34 PM
How does O find these loons?

They are all cut from the same cloth. Collectivist oligarchs.

jmdrake
09-09-2009, 09:49 PM

In his book he said that forced abortion was constitutional. There's no "rebutting" that.

Indeed, it has been concluded that compulsory population-control laws, even including laws requiring compulsory abortion, could be sustained under the existing Constitution if the population crisis became sufficiently severe to endanger the society.

Time for Change
09-10-2009, 03:05 AM
Seems that Beck could go after every other race and both genders with nothing said, but the first time he said anything about a "Person of color" they'd scream "Racist"
That is the new politics of this nation...straight out of grade school.

catdd
09-10-2009, 08:53 AM
3rd grade logic.
racist = cooties

SelfTaught
09-10-2009, 08:58 AM
3rd grade logic.
racist = cooties

Haha. You make a good point.

Next, we're all going to start playing "big money take little money." Oh wait, this nation has already been playing that game for a while.

jmdrake
09-10-2009, 09:37 AM
Seems that Beck could go after every other race and both genders with nothing said, but the first time he said anything about a "Person of color" they'd scream "Racist"
That is the new politics of this nation...straight out of grade school.

Let's be fair about this. Beck didn't just go after Obama and Van Jones. He called them both racists. When Professor Gates called a cop who clearly violated his constitutional rights racist, a lot of people on this forum charged Gates with racism. So if you're racist for lightly using the word "racist" what does that make Glenn Beck? I finally watched the Van Jones "White kids shoot up schools" clip. Before he started talking about white kids he mentioned blacks and hispanics committing a disproportionate number of crimes in general. I see a lot of white people do that and they get offended if you call them racist for doing so! And Van Jones argument wasn't "therefore white people must be degenerate". In fact he ended the clip with "Therefore we can't call any community 'evil'". Ummm....how is that racist? In fact the main point of the clip wasn't to single out any race but to look for solutions to reach hurting young men of every race. More male role models. Showing kids love etc. Had he only talked about black crime statistics and said all of the same things I doubt anyone would have had a problem with his speech. That said I'm glad he's gone for a host of other reasons (we don't need a "green jobs" czar period) but if Glenn Beck continues to loosely throw around the "R" word it could boomerang in unpredictable ways. Then on the other hand it might get liberals to realize that sometimes the "racist" charge simply isn't warranted.

BlackTerrel
09-10-2009, 06:13 PM
Let's be fair about this. Beck didn't just go after Obama and Van Jones. He called them both racists. When Professor Gates called a cop who clearly violated his constitutional rights racist, a lot of people on this forum charged Gates with racism. So if you're racist for lightly using the word "racist" what does that make Glenn Beck? I finally watched the Van Jones "White kids shoot up schools" clip. Before he started talking about white kids he mentioned blacks and hispanics committing a disproportionate number of crimes in general. I see a lot of white people do that and they get offended if you call them racist for doing so! And Van Jones argument wasn't "therefore white people must be degenerate". In fact he ended the clip with "Therefore we can't call any community 'evil'". Ummm....how is that racist? In fact the main point of the clip wasn't to single out any race but to look for solutions to reach hurting young men of every race. More male role models. Showing kids love etc. Had he only talked about black crime statistics and said all of the same things I doubt anyone would have had a problem with his speech. That said I'm glad he's gone for a host of other reasons (we don't need a "green jobs" czar period) but if Glenn Beck continues to loosely throw around the "R" word it could boomerang in unpredictable ways. Then on the other hand it might get liberals to realize that sometimes the "racist" charge simply isn't warranted.

Well said. I don't like Van Jones, but Glenn Beck is a hypocrite and an idiot. He also cries way too much for my liking.