PDA

View Full Version : Rudy missing fundraising targets

Bradley in DC
09-29-2007, 07:10 AM
http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/

REPUBLICANS COMPETE for smallest money dropoff.

Giuliani finance director departs as Republican front-runner misses fund-raising targets for the three-month period ending Sunday. Nursing his lead, Giuliani stays off TV while lesser-known Romney has spent at least $10 million on TV in Iowa, New Hampshire, Florida and South Carolina.

Daunting question for rivals: How much more personal wealth will Romney invest following $9 million loan earlier this year? Among major Republican candidates, only late-starting Thompson and longshot Huckabee claim to have beaten second-quarter haul.

Cowlesy
09-29-2007, 07:14 AM
Glad they didn't mention Ron here. The more under-the-radar the campaign stays about the #'s until the 15th of October, the bigger the media impact they can make with a shock (a shock in my view being that they may potentially outraise their Q1 and Q2 totals combined).

allyinoh
09-29-2007, 07:17 AM
Glad they didn't mention Ron here. The more under-the-radar the campaign stays about the #'s until the 15th of October, the bigger the media impact they can make with a shock (a shock in my view being that they may potentially outraise their Q1 and Q2 totals combined).

I agree. I also feel in my heart that we did raise more than Q1 and Q2 combined plus some..

And the good part? Ron Paul doesn't have to loan his campaign money! =)

I think it's pretty sad when the so-called "top tier" are borrowing their own money and now looking to public funds(Edwards)!