PDA

View Full Version : Florida GOP purges Ron Paul Republicans from party

Elwar
09-09-2009, 07:43 AM
On Friday — timed just right to minimize news coverage — Republican Party of Florida Chairman Jim Greer and the state party Grievance Committee notified a number of party members, many of them holding elective office, that they were effectively purged from the party and had been removed from their offices and would be ineligible to hold any other party positions for periods ranging from two to four years.

The targets of this purge are mostly members of the Florida chapter of the Republican Liberty Caucus, a group which seeks to return the party to its core beliefs of individual liberty, limited government, and free markets. These particular individuals were targeted because they had expressed opinions critical of party policy, candidates, and office holders, on the basis of which the grievance committee decided that they had "engaged in disruptive conduct likely to interfere with the activities of the Republican Party." Acting on the committee's recommendation, Chairman Greer issued letters stripping them of their offices and rights as party members.

This is the culmination of an ongoing assault by a party establishment dominated by big-government Republican hacks seeking to silence grassroots activists who are trying to reform the party and bring it back to the values on which it was founded. Previous actions against the RLC include an attempt to prevent them from using the word “Republican” in their name, despite the fact that the group has used the title for almost 20 years and obtained permission in writing from the party for the use of the name under a prior administration.

http://www.thenextright.com/dave-nalle/republican-party-of-florida-purges-outspoken-members

http://www.garyjohnson2012.com/e107_images/banners/garyjohnsonbanner.jpg (http://www.garyjohnson2012.com)

Bern
09-09-2009, 08:02 AM
This will not end well for them. $.02

RM918
09-09-2009, 08:22 AM
Who the hell ever thought idiots like Greer should be in any position of power?

Elwar
09-09-2009, 08:35 AM
Does anyone know how we can get access to the accusations in this ad:
http://www.floridatoday.com/assets/pdf/A999713213.PDF

"Jim Greer was on the Board of Directors for a Club in Palm Bay called "Flash Dancers" Jim Greer did spend time in the Club where he allegedly told the girls he was the attorney for "Flash Dancers". Some of the girls filed complaints for inappropriate behavior against Jim Greer with the Palm Bay Police Department. You can check this out for yourself, it is Public Record."

http://www.garyjohnson2012.com/e107_images/banners/garyjohnsonbanner.jpg (http://www.garyjohnson2012.com)

Bucjason
09-09-2009, 09:17 AM
what the hell???

Can anyone confirm this bloggers story???

If this is true i am PISSED:mad:

Bern
09-09-2009, 09:44 AM
Does anyone know how we can get access to the accusations in this ad:
http://www.floridatoday.com/assets/pdf/A999713213.PDF

This might be a start:

http://www.palmbayflorida.org/police/citizen/rpt_req.html

Bern
09-09-2009, 09:47 AM
BTW:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=209211

LittleLightShining
09-09-2009, 10:26 AM
This is exactly why the VT C4L rejects the idea of trying to take over the GOP and instead is concentrating on educating and empowering the people.

Liberty Star
09-09-2009, 10:28 AM
BTW:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=209211

One of the chief complaints of the state's Republican Party officials was the attendance and promotion of Ron Paul conventions and meetings. Does this mean that Florida's Republican Party does not recognize Dr. Paul as a member of the party? Lindsey Graham, South Carolina's flamboyant Republican Senator, who has gained recognition from the Obama administration recently over his support of Sotomayor and the government's health care proposal, has also targeted Ron Paul in several speeches.

I had pretty low opinion of current Republican party, it just went even lower.

angelatc
09-09-2009, 10:51 AM
This is exactly why the VT C4L rejects the idea of trying to take over the GOP and instead is concentrating on educating and empowering the people.

Empowering them with what? If there's nobody in the party to vote for, educated voters can't win elections.

It's politics. It's all about fighting for power. Education is just a tool.

Anti Federalist
09-09-2009, 10:57 AM
Screw the GOP "leadership".

If they are so hell bent on sticking to their failed playbook, and running off the one "faction" that could re-invigorate the base and the people, they will lose, again, in 2010 and 2012.

Or they could realize that their way is failure and step aside.

Either way, they lose and that is what has to happen.

angelatc
09-09-2009, 11:06 AM
Screw the GOP "leadership". If they are so hell bent on sticking to their failed playbook, and running off the one "faction" that could re-invigorate the base and the people, they will lose, again, in 2010 and 2012. Or they could realize that their way is failure and step aside. Either way, they lose and that is what has to happen.

They're not going to step aside. And they won't lose if Obama keeps alienating his base. That's the very tool they use for invigorating their base, very effectively I might add.

Stary Hickory
09-09-2009, 11:10 AM
It doesn't matter the GOP will be changed. It's supporters have stoped being lazy and have realized that the GOP has become corrupt. Changes will take place, these morally bankrupt GOPers will be expelled. I won't rest until every last one of them is out of office.

If the GOP really wants to position itse;f against the law of the land, then they are in for a real surprise. People are just about ready to tell the government where to go. And this will include the GOP too if they don't straighten there act out and drop this warmongering and meddling in the private lives of it's citizens.

Anti Federalist
09-09-2009, 11:12 AM
They're not going to step aside. And they won't lose if Obama keeps alienating his base. That's the very tool they use for invigorating their base, very effectively I might add.

It's not time yet, the 8 year cycle now seems to be the norm.

The GOP will front a candidate to take a dive, a Bob Dole type, in 2012.

Too much damage gets done to Continuity of Policy by having "changes" every four years.

AJ Antimony
09-09-2009, 11:16 AM
Resurrect the Bourbon Democrats!

LittleLightShining
09-09-2009, 11:23 AM
Empowering them with what? If there's nobody in the party to vote for, educated voters can't win elections.

It's politics. It's all about fighting for power. Education is just a tool.Empowering them with knowledge. If you don't know what's going on how can you fight it? Parties don't have a monopoly on candidates. In fact, parties, such as the GOP in VT for instance, are just as happy to maintain the ground they have by putting up candidates who may or may not be in line with what the party states as principle as long as a candidate is "electable". I see an electorate much more ripe to shrug off the notion of parties and labels.

kahless
09-09-2009, 11:46 AM
When I hear things like this I think so much for returning the party to Conservative values and rebuilding it from within. Instead of the all the in fighting what if the efforts were put to getting as many Conservative-Libertarian types out of the Republican party and investing the time in an alternative party.

Here is what I am thinking:

1. The Democrats and the MSM have been successful in defining the Republican party for masses while the Republican party allowed themselves to be defined by the Democrats and the MSM. The Republican party has been so thoroughly deamonized that even if the party is changed from within what is the likelyhood of liberty candidates getting elected due to past baggage?

2. The Neocons still have a stranglehold on the party. The effort of changing the party from within back to Republican Conservative-Libertarian values is clearly failing in Florida. Even if there is a public backlash and people vote Republican it will not make a difference since these big government Neocon RINOS will continue the same policies.

Based on the above would it not be more logical to have a mass abandonment campaign and support an alternative party like the Libertarian party?

Regardless it looks like I need to go down to board of elections and deregister from the Republican party. I just pains me that I am in the same party with the likes of a Lindsey Graham and John McCain types.

fisharmor
09-09-2009, 12:15 PM
The GOP will front a candidate to take a dive, a Bob Dole type, in 2012.

My money is on the neocon RINO black guy, Michael Steele. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if the official Republican strategy was to out-black the Dems.

1. The Democrats and the MSM have been successful in defining the Republican party for masses while the Republican party allowed themselves to be defined by the Democrats and the MSM. The Republican party has been so thoroughly deamonized that even if the party is changed from within what is the likelyhood of liberty candidates getting elected due to past baggage?

I dunno, when the Republican party let in all the southern racist democrats in the 1960s, it didn't take that long for Nixon to get in afterward.

2. The Neocons still have a stranglehold on the party. The effort of changing the party from within back to Republican Conservative-Libertarian values is clearly failing in Florida. Even if there is a public backlash and people vote Republican it will not make a difference since these big government Neocon RINOS will continue the same policies.

Based on the above would it not be more logical to have a mass abandonment campaign and support an alternative party like the Libertarian party?

Regardless it looks like I need to go down to board of elections and deregister from the Republican party. I just pains me that I am in the same party with the likes of a Lindsey Graham and John McCain types.

I've never registered with anyone. I put my money, my help, and my vote where my conscience is. The exasperating thing is how nobody else does.

Not people on this board, mind you, but all the other good little Republicans I know who keep throwing the R switch in violation of conscience, because of the perceived greater evil.

In any case, there are grassroots efforts in a lot of other states. If Florida shows up late to our little party, then that just means they'll stay longer, right?

Bucjason
09-09-2009, 01:37 PM
Has anyone confirmed this story yet?? It was posted on a blogger website , so I'm suspicious. People may have been fired , but also may have had nothing to do with thier being pro-liberty.

If it's true I may have to leave the party for good...

Uriel999
09-09-2009, 01:55 PM
It is very true sadly. A Ron Paul supporter friend of mine involved knows personally many of the people kicked out. In fact we were just talking about this the other night. He asked me if it had been brought up on here yet.

Matt Collins
09-14-2009, 01:00 PM
This is sickening

Sandra
09-14-2009, 01:07 PM
It is very true sadly. A Ron Paul supporter friend of mine involved knows personally many of the people kicked out. In fact we were just talking about this the other night. He asked me if it had been brought up on here yet.

You can't confirm something fourth hand.

Live_Free_Or_Die
09-14-2009, 01:09 PM
nt

Uriel999
09-14-2009, 01:11 PM
You can't confirm something fourth hand.

I can when he is a Secretary/Outreach Coord./Precinct Dev/eCampaign Director, of the local RNC. He is personal friends with many of the people kicked out. :rolleyes:

Matt Collins
09-14-2009, 01:16 PM
You can't confirm something fourth hand.I vouch for Uriel. And also I know this is true because I know several of the individuals who have been given the boot.

angelatc
09-14-2009, 01:19 PM
It's not time yet, the 8 year cycle now seems to be the norm.

I think the House is more likely to turn in off years, but I could be wrong. And there's such a huge majority I can't honestly believe we have a chance of taking back the House.

angelatc
09-14-2009, 01:22 PM

Not according to Ron Paul. Remember him?

Bucjason
09-14-2009, 01:34 PM

Who ??

kahless
09-14-2009, 01:46 PM

You mean the guy that said something about the movement being bigger than any one person? Unless we take the party back what is the point of staying with it and supporting a repeat of big government neo-conservatism?

I still have not seen any resolution to what is going on in Florida. If they can turn this around then maybe there is hope. Since those in power have abandoned the platform and Conservatism maybe these actions can be resisted?

Liberty Star
09-14-2009, 03:25 PM
Wonder if FL GOP's leader now is Lindsey Graham-McCain-Lieberman trio.

Lindsay Graham just said today that it's "America's war" and not "Obama's war" and that we need to send more troops there.

JamesButabi
09-14-2009, 04:12 PM
So what is being done about this?

TruePatriot44
09-14-2009, 04:58 PM
Please up vote on reddit.

http://www.reddit.com/r/politics/comments/9kjpo/republican_party_of_florida_purges_ron_paul/

FSP-Rebel
09-14-2009, 05:21 PM
I, for one, am advising all the RP republicans that are being tossed aside by a crooked party leadership to come up to NH via the Free State Project where their voices are welcome. Most NH GOP county parties have become heavily saturated by RP types since the last election. Don't keep beating your heads against the wall when there are other hopeful options. We've had many movers from FL recently and they love it up here.

tremendoustie
09-14-2009, 05:30 PM
I, for one, an advising all the RP republicans that are being tossed aside by a crooked party leadership to come up to NH via the Free State Project where their voices are welcome. Most NH GOP county parties have become heavily saturated by RP types since the last election. Don't keep beating your heads against the wall when there are other hopeful options. We've had many movers from FL recently and they love it up here.

I certainly agree that this would be a positive response :). I welcome all freedom lovers to my once and future home.

That said, it's an outrage that they were booted in the first place. If anything can be done to fight it, I hope it will be done.

Liberty Star
09-15-2009, 10:02 AM

They should be exposed to begin with.

Liberty Star
09-19-2009, 11:47 AM
Who the hell ever thought idiots like Greer should be in any position of power?

GOP is loaded with people like him unfortunately.

kahless
09-19-2009, 11:58 AM
I wonder how many were in attendence on 9/12 were from Florida. The attendance showing for 9/12 will be meaningless unless these people take action in their home states. Maybe they are in Florida and we are just not hearing about? This since I find it hard to believe with the numbers we have these clowns were able to get away with this.

Republican Party of Florida Chairman Jim Greer and the state party Grievance Committee actions are the ones in fact breaking party rules. Should that not make their actions null and void?

Liberty Star
09-19-2009, 12:07 PM
You're right, people like Greer just don't like vocal opponents of party direction under their incompetent leadership, "purge" is their solution. This cannot stand.

Dunedain
09-19-2009, 03:37 PM
Good for the republicans. Better that we remain outside the system because it can never be reformed, only overthrown.

We don't want to merge with the republicans. They are simply a party of the establishment. No good can come from our best leaders being welcomed into their traitorous fold...all men are corruptible after all.

YumYum
09-19-2009, 05:01 PM
The best thing that freedom lovers could do is join the Democrat Party. We are liberal in many ways: we want to end the drug wars; we believe in gay rights; we are not racists; we hate war; we have compassion for our fellow man; we eat organic foods; we want to put America first; we believe in all the same liberties that ACLU fights for, and we are not bound by religous faniticism. What we can propose to the Dems is to at least meet us half way: a balanced budget and clean up the evils of D.C. They would welcome us with open arms. Most Dems are educated, unlike neocons, and they love a good debate. We would be a natural. I'm tired of being a Republican.

Flash
09-19-2009, 05:08 PM
The best thing that freedom lovers could do is join the Democrat Party. We are liberal in many ways: we want to end the drug wars; we believe in gay rights; we are not racists; we hate war; we have compassion for our fellow man; we eat organic foods; we want to put America first; we believe in all the same liberties that ACLU fights for, and we are not bound by religous faniticism. What we can propose to the Dems is to at least meet us half way: a balanced budget and clean up the evils of D.C. They would welcome us with open arms. Most Dems are educated, unlike neocons, and they love a good debate. We would be a natural. I'm tired of being a Republican.

I'm a fan of having the Liberty movement represented in both parties. It's really too bad Bob Conley lost.

pcosmar
09-19-2009, 05:11 PM

:confused:

The other wing of the same ugly bird.

http://lucente.org/blog/media/1/20080226-Two%20Wings%20Of%20The%20Same%20Bird.jpg

No thank you.

LittleLightShining
09-19-2009, 05:21 PM
I went to a county GOP breakfast today (that I organized-- I'm Finance Chair). We had a lot of up and coming state reps and Senators at the event. Our governor recently announced he will not run. The party chair is stepping down. It's a very interesting time to be a Republican in VT. A local tea party organizer (a conservative Republican with no party affiliation) attended. She has come to a meeting in the past to announce an anti-health care rally. She has been sought after by higher-ups in her city and state committees to run for House. The chair despises tea party people. They are not welcome in her committee. The chair very rudely made a point to acknowledge the tea party organizer "as a guest and an OBSERVER". I mean, yeah, way to make a person feel welcome. I am also on the outs with some in my committee because of my activity in the tea parties and Campaign For Liberty. It seems the local and county GOP committees serve one purpose and one purpose only-- to elect Republicans-- especially if they are RINO's.

Austrian Econ Disciple
09-19-2009, 05:36 PM
I went to a county GOP breakfast today (that I organized-- I'm Finance Chair). We had a lot of up and coming state reps and Senators at the event. Our governor recently announced he will not run. The party chair is stepping down. It's a very interesting time to be a Republican in VT. A local tea party organizer (a conservative Republican with no party affiliation) attended. She has come to a meeting in the past to announce an anti-health care rally. She has been sought after by higher-ups in her city and state committees to run for House. The chair despises tea party people. They are not welcome in her committee. The chair very rudely made a point to acknowledge the tea party organizer "as a guest and an OBSERVER". I mean, yeah, way to make a person feel welcome. I am also on the outs with some in my committee because of my activity in the tea parties and Campaign For Liberty. It seems the local and county GOP committees serve one purpose and one purpose only-- to elect Republicans-- especially if they are RINO's.

It really is appalling isn't it. The GOP has gone so far away from their ideals in such a short time. The Old Right are Libertarians, and they were GOP! Libertarianism was the domain of the old right, until the neo-cons wrangled their way into the GOP in the early and late 60's. The two founders of the LP were Goldwater/Taft Old Righters. Remember when the GOP were Non-interventionists, Constitutionalists, pretty much well founded Capitalists and Individualists? Sure they weren't perfect, since they weren't Laissez-Faire Austrians, but they were pretty damn good. If the Neo-Cons infiltrated the once venerable GOP, then so can we.

We need to start at the lowest local positions, continue to expand our message to the populace, come off as articulate Jeffersonian Libertarians or Paulites, whichever you prefer, that uphold our ideals once elected and be the example in the darkness. Just as America was founded as, the shining beacon on the hill, the example to the world. If the committee chairs won't allow Old Righters (Libertarians) to run, then run anyways as a Republican and buck the Establishment (I'm not too sure on local voter by-laws, but I'm pretty sure you don't need party endorsement to run as that affiliation, could be wrong though). People are smarter than you give them credit for. They will see the folly. This is going to be a Goldwater movement, but this time we will be successful the first time around, and even if we aren't well.....Give me Liberty or Give me Death!!!!!

You don't need vast somes of money. All you need is an idea and the perservance that if we lose, we lose our liberty, our life, and our nation. That is unacceptable. This is the end-game people. We need to get up off the couches, build signs, build banners, take out newspaper ads for town-halls, flyers, pamphlets, networking with local radio, club affiliations (Such as Lions, Elks, etc.), go around and talk to people every day non-stop spreading the message. We need to be well articulated, out-spoken, and we need to be responsive.

You don't need a top-down approach. Network with your localities. Get out knock on doors, hang banners up on overpasses with the candidates position and phone number, and townhall dates (Libraries, wherever). You don't need money to do this! America is the epitome of volunteerism and charity. This is all we need. Hopefully the members of the movement who frequent this site and others do not get down, do not relent, and do not become apathetic, because if we fall into these pit-traps we are dead.

PS: Do not forget the wonderful creation that is the internet. This has been our biggest strength. Now we need to push our message in more avenues and build on what we have created so far. Do not hesitate to call out any inconsistencies, any incongruencies, and we must mark every RINO, every Neo-con, and the Establishment (That are hostile to our message) in a clear concise and reputable manner. Explain our positions, our message, reduce the vagueries and tell people why the FED works against them, why Government intervention anywhere in the market is abhorrable, but do not force this message on anyone who is not receptive. These should be our goals, and I think we are working towards them, perhaps not so much in the realm outside the internet, but we are making headways. DO NOT DESPAIR!

LittleLightShining
09-19-2009, 10:45 PM
It really is appalling isn't it. The GOP has gone so far away from their ideals in such a short time. The Old Right are Libertarians, and they were GOP! Libertarianism was the domain of the old right, until the neo-cons wrangled their way into the GOP in the early and late 60's. The two founders of the LP were Goldwater/Taft Old Righters. Remember when the GOP were Non-interventionists, Constitutionalists, pretty much well founded Capitalists and Individualists? Sure they weren't perfect, since they weren't Laissez-Faire Austrians, but they were pretty damn good. If the Neo-Cons infiltrated the once venerable GOP, then so can we.

We need to start at the lowest local positions, continue to expand our message to the populace, come off as articulate Jeffersonian Libertarians or Paulites, whichever you prefer, that uphold our ideals once elected and be the example in the darkness. Just as America was founded as, the shining beacon on the hill, the example to the world. If the committee chairs won't allow Old Righters (Libertarians) to run, then run anyways as a Republican and buck the Establishment (I'm not too sure on local voter by-laws, but I'm pretty sure you don't need party endorsement to run as that affiliation, could be wrong though). People are smarter than you give them credit for. They will see the folly. This is going to be a Goldwater movement, but this time we will be successful the first time around, and even if we aren't well.....Give me Liberty or Give me Death!!!!!

You don't need vast somes of money. All you need is an idea and the perservance that if we lose, we lose our liberty, our life, and our nation. That is unacceptable. This is the end-game people. We need to get up off the couches, build signs, build banners, take out newspaper ads for town-halls, flyers, pamphlets, networking with local radio, club affiliations (Such as Lions, Elks, etc.), go around and talk to people every day non-stop spreading the message. We need to be well articulated, out-spoken, and we need to be responsive.

You don't need a top-down approach. Network with your localities. Get out knock on doors, hang banners up on overpasses with the candidates position and phone number, and townhall dates (Libraries, wherever). You don't need money to do this! America is the epitome of volunteerism and charity. This is all we need. Hopefully the members of the movement who frequent this site and others do not get down, do not relent, and do not become apathetic, because if we fall into these pit-traps we are dead.

It's not so much a matter of becoming apathetic. The problem is being too activist. These people do not like passion. They don't understand it. They fear it. But you're right. I get along best with the old-timers (not that there are many younger Republicans here), the guys who used to be Libertarians until the "dope growers and *****s took over the party". The guys who loved Goldwater. They're my best allies. Even if they do heart Huckabee for some reason. Luckily many of these folks are in my town committee.

I like your spunk :) Welcome to the forums!

Austrian Econ Disciple
09-19-2009, 11:05 PM
It's not so much a matter of becoming apathetic. The problem is being too activist. These people do not like passion. They don't understand it. They fear it. But you're right. I get along best with the old-timers (not that there are many younger Republicans here), the guys who used to be Libertarians until the "dope growers and *****s took over the party". The guys who loved Goldwater. They're my best allies. Even if they do heart Huckabee for some reason. Luckily many of these folks are in my town committee.

I like your spunk :) Welcome to the forums!

Thanks! Yes, we need to get the older Goldwater/Taft Old righties back in. They're probably all Pauls age now, but any support is good support when we are in good company (Even though Taft did betray some Constitutionalist principles, but he was very solid). Who cares what they like. We'll steamroll them. People get into this falsified ideal that you need party loyalty or support...you don't. You just need that (R) behind your name and the grass-roots will take care of the rest.

Besides Paul and the RLC we need to look back to move and look forward. Draw inspiration from the Anti-Federalist Revolutionaries! Samuel Adams, Thomas Jefferson, et al. Perhaps we may yet indeed need to build a new Sons of Liberty.

“It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." - Sam Adams

THIS SHOULD BE OUR MOTTO.

Volitzer
09-19-2009, 11:46 PM
Libertarian and Constitution Parties arise.

Volitzer
09-19-2009, 11:47 PM
http://www.believeinamerica.com/index.php

http://www.constitutionparty.com/

;)

hugolp
09-20-2009, 12:08 AM

Why not trying to take both? What stops some libertarian to try to appeal to democrats while other, maybe more conservative leaning, try with the republicans?

YumYum
09-20-2009, 02:10 AM
Why not trying to take both? What stops some libertarian to try to appeal to democrats while other, maybe more conservative leaning, try with the republicans?

Nothing will stop me. I agreed to go a Dems meeting with my cousin. If I like it, I will join. I'll be wearing my Ron Paul for President shirt.:cool:

kahless
09-20-2009, 10:41 AM
It seems like we are not fighting Republicans within the party but Democrats that have over time infiltrated the party and changed it from within. So we have a one party system with liberals on one side interventionists on the other with both being for big government.

The only way to take the country back is if we do the same in both parties. Looking at the make-up of 9/12 which is a mix of both Democrat and Republican it would appears the parties are ripe for it.

s35wf
09-20-2009, 12:26 PM
It seems like we are not fighting Republicans within the party but Democrats that have over time infiltrated the party and changed it from within. So we have a one party system with liberals on one side interventionists on the other with both being for big government.

The only way to take the country back is if we do the same in both parties. Looking at the make-up of 9/12 which is a mix of both Democrat and Republican it would appears the parties are ripe for it.

^^^ Yes; we NEED to infiltrate both parties with Libertarian leaning folks! Especially since we'll get nowhere with a 3rd party.

MsDoodahs
09-20-2009, 12:41 PM

Seconding this.

:)

Vessol
09-20-2009, 01:12 PM
I fucking love it.

They hijack the name Libertarian and then purge the libertarians.

Dude, where's my political movement? Oh yeah, Faux News and Glenn Beck hijacked it.

Matt Collins
10-22-2009, 09:25 AM
I think there is about to be a lawsuit on this.