PDA

View Full Version : FOLKS remember the donations online DON'T include CHECKS

Falseflagop
09-29-2007, 06:49 AM
that were mailed in, some people do not use credit cards and so they send in checks so that has got to be an easy 100k+, I do not believe they are counting the checks only credit cards online is what they are using.

SO I believe our end of the QTR numbers especially with the many fund raisers he did in person should take us over $7 mil imho.

Plus RP believes in hoarding the cash for the future so cash on hand will be HUGE!

libertythor
09-29-2007, 06:51 AM
I have mailed campaign checks before. :) To Harry Browne, Mark Sanford, various local candidates...

JosephTheLibertarian
09-29-2007, 06:51 AM
that were mailed in, some people do not use credit cards and so they send in checks so that has got to be an easy 100k+, I do not believe they are counting the checks only credit cards online is what they are using.

SO I believe our end of the QTR numbers especially with the many fund raisers he did in person should take us over $7 mil imho.

Plus RP believes in hoarding the cash for the future so cash on hand will be HUGE!

don't forget the RP fund raiser rallies

Stealth4
09-29-2007, 07:59 AM
Where are people mailing in getting all these donation envelopes?

Fundraisers can be reserved online though online donations with a special code.

I'd say 80% of fundraising is online.

m4ff3w
09-29-2007, 08:39 AM

They can't send a check in a regular envelope?

Thurston Howell III
09-29-2007, 10:04 AM
I have mailed campaign checks before. :) To Harry Browne, Mark Sanford, various local candidates...

I miss Harry Browne. Wish he was here for this.

RP4ME
09-29-2007, 10:06 AM
older people send checks even if they have a computer - they are not equally comfortable with sending info out electronically...atleast thats what im comforting myself with

torchbearer
09-29-2007, 10:06 AM
I miss Harry Browne. Wish he was here for this.

All of our libertarian leaders are nearing the ends of the lives... who among the young will stand up and fill their shoes?

RP4ME
09-29-2007, 10:07 AM
All of our libertarian leaders are nearing the ends of the lives... who among the young will stand up and fill their shoes?

Torchbearer will!:D

torchbearer
09-29-2007, 10:09 AM
Torchbearer will!:D

Those are awfully big shoes to fill...

FreedomLover
09-29-2007, 10:11 AM

They arn't counting checks, but I'm assuming the extra mail-ins and in-person fundraisers might just push him over 5 million. my more realistic expectation is in between 3.5-4.5 mil.

7 mil is a little too fanciful for me, but Rp's proven 'em wrong before...so who really knows?

Chester Copperpot
09-29-2007, 10:20 AM

80% is exactly what it was for the 2nd quarter.. which means roughly 20% was mailed in or approximately $500,000

Chester Copperpot
09-29-2007, 10:23 AM
They arn't counting checks, but I'm assuming the extra mail-ins and in-person fundraisers might just push him over 5 million. my more realistic expectation is in between 3.5-4.5 mil.

7 mil is a little too fanciful for me, but Rp's proven 'em wrong before...so who really knows?

Im confident in $5.5 million.. I figured (originally) $50,000 per day online.. which comes out to $4.5 million plus I figured $1 million for his in person fundraisers + mail in donations.

I think this is conservative and if he had $2.4 million cash on hand last quarter Id estimate he spent $1 MIllion this quarter leaving him with $1.4 million carryforward. so $1.4 million plus $5.5 million = $6.9 million cash on hand.

I really have thought this for over a month right now and I think its conservative.
Of course Id love to see it higher but I think this is realistic

dsentell
09-29-2007, 10:30 AM
older people send checks even if they have a computer - they are not equally comfortable with sending info out electronically...atleast thats what im comforting myself with

This is true -- my parents would not dream of paying anything online! When my mother shops online (which is rare), I have to place the order for her using my credit card! My dad tells her their credit card info would be stolen.

Thanks Dad -- it is ok for mine to be stolen, but not theirs :eek:

dsentell
09-29-2007, 10:32 AM
By the way, the mail-ins are wonderful!

However, they may not show up until next quarter.

JosephTheLibertarian
09-29-2007, 11:40 AM

uhh there's plenty

xcalybur
09-29-2007, 12:52 PM
This is just a stab in the dark, but in the past 6 days we would have raised 1,000,000. There are 15 6day segments in this quarter. Is is plausible to believe that all contributions to Ron Paul (Not only online CC), per 6 day period before this week would equal about 40% of these weeks total? Half of that through check/fundraising and the other through online? If you believe that this is possible and that this last week of checks/fundraising hasn't changed (Hard to believe), that being 200,000. Then the total for the quarter would be just shy of $7mil. Here is the breakdown.

14 weeks X $400,000 plus
Last week online $1,000,000 plus
Last week regular $200,000 unchanged fundraising =
$6,800,000

Personally, I think this is a little conservative, but like I said before. This is a stab in the dark. I could be way off, but it seems completely plausible.

Lord Xar
09-29-2007, 12:54 PM
so, when are those checks announced? In other words I am sure they give a few days leeway to count the checks coming in, right?

Also, I do not think that thermometer includes "phone in donations" either...

steph3n
09-29-2007, 12:55 PM
I think they go by postmark and it is part of the delay in reporting to the FEC?

Paul4Prez
09-29-2007, 12:59 PM

Looks like there are a lot of potential future candidates, with Ron Paul polling at 10% or higher among voters in their 20s....

I hope some of them focus on making big money for a while first, so a future freedom movement presidential (or vice-presidential) candidate can chip in a few hundred million of his or her own....