PDA

View Full Version : Radio Show Where I Pissed Off The Host Last Night

Objectivist
09-09-2009, 02:26 AM
I'm the second caller (Jeff in Monterey)about 20 minutes in or so but listen to the first person as I refer to her comment. I could hear her comments and others while I was on hold. I did manage to take a bunch of time up and this is going on while I was distracted with driving so give me a break on the critique. It's hard to recall the needed information when you have too many things going on. I think you'll get where I was coming from.

There is a 7-8 minute news break at the beginning to save you some time.

http://bayradio.kgoradio.com/kgo_archives/22200.mp3

jsu718
09-09-2009, 02:57 AM
lol, Obstructionist.

Objectivist
09-09-2009, 03:42 AM
lol, Obstructionist.

The host once ran for political office as a LIBERTARIAN:eek:

CzargwaR
09-09-2009, 04:17 AM
great call!!

Objectivist
09-09-2009, 04:25 AM
great call!!

Thanks, but I could have done better. Practice makes perfect and that's why I do it.

Here's Gene Burns bio from some site. He did run for POTUS in 1984 on the Libertarian ticket, now he's a Obama supporter.... go figure.
http://www.cflradio.net/gene_burns_bio.htm

tangent4ronpaul
09-09-2009, 04:54 AM
I guess God wanted me to hear this call - Pelosi came on and my ears started to bleed - so grabbed the headphones!

-t

tangent4ronpaul
09-09-2009, 05:14 AM
Pretty good talk show host - hell of a lot better than Hannity!

Still, you made some great arguments!

-t

tangent4ronpaul
09-09-2009, 05:21 AM
"You're a Jackass - I'm and Idiot!"

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-t

pacelli
09-09-2009, 07:10 AM
I'm the second caller (Jeff in Monterey)about 20 minutes in or so but listen to the first person as I refer to her comment. I could hear her comments and others while I was on hold. I did manage to take a bunch of time up and this is going on while I was distracted with driving so give me a break on the critique. It's hard to recall the needed information when you have too many things going on. I think you'll get where I was coming from.

VERY nice job on this call. You were really fast with your rebuttals to each of his position statements. It is such a difficult thing to do when you are under a pressure situation, but you handled it like a champ. Regarding your vote for Mickey Mouse, bravo:

YouTube - George Gordon Republicans, Democrats, and Ron Paul (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9ZjWMsGSqw)

Liberty Rebellion
09-09-2009, 07:50 AM
Pretty good overall. Wish you would've nailed him when he was spewing crap about the "elasticity" clause in the Constitution.

iddo
09-09-2009, 08:08 AM
good job

Bruno
09-09-2009, 08:25 AM
Pretty good overall. Wish you would've nailed him when he was spewing crap about the "elasticity" clause in the Constitution.

I thought you might nail him on that as well. But you nailed him on everything else. What an idiot host.

"i am an idiot for giving you so much time" I guess he would rather give time to people who completely agree with him. What a great talk show that would be. :rolleyes:

Lady afterwards said, "you are a very smart man" I think she was referring to the fact that he recognized himself as a jackass. ;)

specsaregood
09-09-2009, 08:35 AM
LOL, you pissed him off good because you were winning the debate. good job.

2young2vote
09-09-2009, 09:36 AM
You did a good job, better than i could have done.

Todd
09-09-2009, 09:48 AM
Wow. Didn't know Gene Burns was still on the air. Haven't heard him since the early 90's. He at least has a dialogue with most guests. It was pretty funny that he labeled you a freeloader because you disagree with confiscatory taxation.

Thrashertm
09-09-2009, 09:53 AM

Great job handling this guy. He got all cranky as you exposed the flaws of his argument.

Thrashertm
09-09-2009, 10:00 AM
The host once ran for political office as a LIBERTARIAN:eek:

I can't believe he still lists Libertarian on his website, along with a copy of the Declaration of Independence. This guy seems to be a dyed-in-the-wool big-government Obama butt licker!

UnReconstructed
09-09-2009, 10:07 AM
the purpose of public education is not to be successful. the purpose of public school is conformity.

on a side note, I don't know why anyone with the kids in welfare school would care about the president speaking to them... after all, those are his schools and you have handed the responsibility for educating children over to him.

Andrew Ryan
09-09-2009, 02:23 PM
"I am an idiot..."

He could have just left it at that.

Objectivist
09-09-2009, 03:11 PM
VERY nice job on this call. You were really fast with your rebuttals to each of his position statements. It is such a difficult thing to do when you are under a pressure situation, but you handled it like a champ. Regarding your vote for Mickey Mouse, bravo:

YouTube - George Gordon Republicans, Democrats, and Ron Paul (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9ZjWMsGSqw)

I didn't vote for Mickey Mouse, that is what the Elections Office told me people do when I asked them why they didn't count the "write-in" votes like mine. I voted for Ron Paul by writing in his name in the last election, the primaries as well.

There's a trick I have to determine if they ever do count the write-ins, vote for yourself in one of the contests, like water board or something if you don't happen to recognize the people running. That way if they ever do count your vote, you'll have proof they did.

Objectivist
09-09-2009, 03:13 PM

When the host is talking you can sometimes be muted to where you don't know if your voice is actually getting across, but I take your point and will work on that a bit more. I need to have my cards on the table for a variety of things he may say. Recall! Then sometimes letting him get away with something as asinine as that makes him look bad to those that know better. His comments about the Constitution show the agenda he pushes and many people listening are asking themselves, "when did we throw the COnstitution out the window?"

Objectivist
09-09-2009, 03:21 PM
the purpose of public education is not to be successful. the purpose of public school is conformity.

on a side note, I don't know why anyone with the kids in welfare school would care about the president speaking to them... after all, those are his schools and you have handed the responsibility for educating children over to him.

SO your point is that children go to public schools to obtain an "F" in every class? Then I didn't turn my children over to him or anyone.... if you hadn't noticed the government comes to your house with armed agents of the government if you keep your children at home and educate them yourself. At the very least you have to let them know or apply with the government to home school, then they still have to test the child to make sure they are up to government standards. I know because my daughter was home schooled during her later years.

Objectivist
09-09-2009, 03:24 PM
I can't believe he still lists Libertarian on his website, along with a copy of the Declaration of Independence. This guy seems to be a dyed-in-the-wool big-government Obama butt licker!

Recently he stated the President Obama never lies, so I sent him the list from a thread I started, showing all the promises he hadn't kept up till that time.:rolleyes:

Bruno
09-09-2009, 03:26 PM
Recently he stated the President Obama never lies, so I sent him the list from a thread I started, showing all the promises he hadn't kept up till that time.:rolleyes:

Obama never lies?? How could he even say that? He's already broken so many of his promises. Would be interested if he replies to your email.

Objectivist
09-09-2009, 03:30 PM
Obama never lies?? How could he even say that? He's already broken so many of his promises. Would be interested if he replies to your email.

He has read a couple on air but never replies via email. I've heard him make comments in the direction of acknowledgment of my emails as well.

Objectivist
09-09-2009, 03:31 PM
When they scream, yell or name call in a debate they lose the debate.

Bruno
09-09-2009, 03:32 PM
He has read a couple on air but never replies via email. I've heard him make comments in the direction of acknowledgment of my emails as well.

guess that's better than nothin'! :)

phill4paul
09-09-2009, 03:53 PM
Was great! I'm not gonna arm chair quarter-back ya.
"Most annoying caller award"...HA! Translation: I'm gonna fire my screener because this guy is calling my bullshit.

carmaphob
09-09-2009, 04:12 PM
Nice call. I love hearing callers like yourself.

dannno
09-09-2009, 04:17 PM
That was pretty funny..

ElyaKatz
09-09-2009, 04:20 PM
When they scream, yell or name call in a debate they lose the debate.

I think the same principle applies in forums. :D

Objectivist
09-09-2009, 04:26 PM
I think the same principle applies in forums. :D

That being said by friend Elya, I'd thank everyone for their remarks and helping me hone my skills on the field of battle.

carmaphob
09-09-2009, 04:30 PM
roflmao!!! "The idiot and the jackass one fine night..." Omg I seriously detest that guy!

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
09-09-2009, 04:32 PM

This conversation sounded like a rational debate. There really isn't any substance in the whole conversation if one considers substance as terms reduced down to the extent that it is understood bipartisanly. Of course, the sophists in ancient Greece argued against the existence of such a "truth" while the philosophers during that time were attempting to process the enormous amounts of information available into dialectical truth engines.
Of course, this is all ancient nonsense.

phill4paul
09-09-2009, 04:47 PM
This conversation sounded like a rational debate. There really isn't any substance in the whole conversation if one considers substance as terms reduced down to the extent that it is understood bipartisanly. Of course, the sophists in ancient Greece argued against the existence of such a "truth" while the philosophers during that time were attempting to process the enormous amounts of information available into dialectical truth engines.
Of course, this is all ancient nonsense.

I am sooo gonna use that on a chick tonight.

Objectivist
09-09-2009, 04:54 PM
I am sooo gonna use that on a chick tonight.

I'll get your back on that.

"It's cool"

YouTube - [Great Movie Scenes] Good Will Hunting - Bar Scene (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymsHLkB8u3s)

InterestedParticipant
09-09-2009, 05:13 PM
I only listened to the first minute or so, and you were really good. Sorry, but I just can't force myself to listen to mainstream radio anymore, the personalities that they put in those positions just make me sick.

shocker315
09-09-2009, 05:16 PM
Pretty good job under pressure.

He kept saying "the people" wanted certain government admins and such. Should have asked the host when the people actually voted in favor of implementing an federal income tax upon themselves, the IRS, and other bueaucratic and military institutions... (obviously they didn't).

ElyaKatz
09-09-2009, 05:24 PM
That being said by friend Elya, I'd thank everyone for their remarks and helping me hone my skills on the field of battle.

Taking on radio hosts is tough. They have the mute button, and then they usually take pot shots that the caller can't respond too after the "host" hangs up on them. Most talk show hosts sound like spoiled brats to me. The only one who I have found consistently respectful and willing to hear out his ideological opponents is Dennis Prager. I don't bother with radio shows anymore...they're mostly just food fights. Oh, just thought of the exception. I listen to Israel National Radio a lot...predictably. But they are respectful.

Having said that, I just listened to your call. I'm impressed. You held your own under less the optimal circumstances better than most callers I've listened to over the years, and I used to be a talk show junkie.

You know who I thought was a real cheese (even though he was conservative?? I'm a conservative/Libertarian thinker...not wholly in line with Libertarian thinking). Roger Fredinburgh. Have you ever listened to him? He fell off the face of the planet...He used to refer to "useless eaters"...reminded me too much of eugenic thinking.

Update: Just found Roger -- here (http://www.regularguy.com/).

bunklocoempire
09-09-2009, 05:31 PM
Radio DJ- "..or they simply have no meaningful life and will never recover.."

The simple mention or slip of "no meaningful life" is always telling.

It's amazing how a person (Objectivist) can be berated for NOT wanting other folks to pay his way... it's a MAD HOUSE! A MAD HOUSE!!

Great Call!! Keep it up!

Bunkloco

Objectivist
09-09-2009, 06:38 PM
Pretty good job under pressure.

He kept saying "the people" wanted certain government admins and such. Should have asked the host when the people actually voted in favor of implementing an federal income tax upon themselves, the IRS, and other bueaucratic and military institutions... (obviously they didn't).

He uses the guise of voting for an elected representative for justifying the tax system. He runs to momma on that one and in reality the people did vote for the bastards that condemn us. Much of the taxation we have started steamrolling during the New Deal, when people would go along with anything if they felt it would improve their situation at that time. We know better now looking back at history that taxation is immoral and counterproductive, even if you think taxing the wealthy is a great idea.