PDA

View Full Version : What Does DHS Know About You?

WarDog
09-08-2009, 02:38 PM
Here’s a real copy of an American citizen’s DHS Travel Record retrieved from the U.S. Customs and Border Patrol’s Automated Targeting System (ATS). This was obtained through a FOIA/Privacy Act request and sent in by an anonymous reader.

http://philosecurity.org/2009/09/07/what-does-dhs-know-about-you

amy31416
09-08-2009, 02:40 PM
I wish I could say I was surprised.

Reason
09-08-2009, 02:49 PM
Interesting

MelissaWV
09-08-2009, 02:52 PM
No one gets the information if it doesn't exist. If it bothers you, you can eliminate most of that information. You can purchase your tickets cash, not use frequent flier programs, and generally minimize the amount of information provided to the airline. This, in turn, minimizes the information the Government gets.

You can also fly with airlines that don't have assigned seating :)

Reason
09-08-2009, 02:57 PM
No one gets the information if it doesn't exist. If it bothers you, you can eliminate most of that information. You can purchase your tickets cash, not use frequent flier programs, and generally minimize the amount of information provided to the airline. This, in turn, minimizes the information the Government gets.

TERRORIST! :eek:

WarDog
09-08-2009, 03:07 PM
If there working on a new money system and we all still dont know what that will entail such as a cashless societyin the future it wont matter what we do.

Check this out

YouTube - Invasive technology to ruin your life (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNKCSuX_E1A&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwhatreallyhappened.com%2F&feature=player_embedded#t=386)

MelissaWV
09-08-2009, 03:31 PM
TERRORIST! :eek:

Yep. They'll search my book, ID, and mp3 player one more time. Twice, maybe. Oh no! How invasive! :P It doesn't help that I'm a brown person, too, so I'm just patient about it.

pcosmar
09-08-2009, 04:11 PM
Files on me were over 3 inches thick last time I saw them. I am sure they have been added to.
:(

We need a "Kiss my Moon" emoticon. :cool:

And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

HOLLYWOOD
09-08-2009, 04:48 PM
Federal Budget outlays in association with US federal job openings forecast... DHS WILL triple it's staff from 2005-2011.

I'll post the links later... gotta run, BUT Jesse Ventura WAS RIGHT... all this homeland security and fences... don't you think will be used not to keep foreigners out, but to keep AMERICANS from getting out. WE HAVE OFFICIALLY BECOME THE SOVIET BLOC WARSAW PACT of AMERICA

GOOGLE IF YOU NEED IT NOW.

SimpleName
09-08-2009, 05:12 PM
Nothing over the top. At least, I mean, relative to what I expect. I just generally accept the fact that the government long before the DHS has had such reports on people. They are beasts waiting to snap at your neck. If they had a list of "suspicious" sites I've visited, that'd be absolutely over the top. Not that they don't, but for some reason, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

Still, any government file on innocent citizens is scary enough. Why do people allow this crap?

Objectivist
09-08-2009, 05:17 PM
I'm sure they have access to my FBI file and security clearance information. They then have the addresses of family and friends in the US and abroad. Knowing how the phone systems work I can tell you they have a list of all calls made by and to me. They know what I watched on Directv today as well.

InterestedParticipant
09-08-2009, 06:42 PM
What they are creating is something that will look like this....

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/3623/mysocialgraphsm.jpg

Between our online activity as well as our offline purchases and activities, each of us will develop complex profiles that they will be able monitor and use to control us and sell us crap we don't need.

speciallyblend
09-08-2009, 06:47 PM
well if their records are correct and accurate! they should know i love my brownies:)

speciallyblend
09-08-2009, 06:49 PM
I'm sure they have access to my FBI file and security clearance information. They then have the addresses of family and friends in the US and abroad. Knowing how the phone systems work I can tell you they have a list of all calls made by and to me. They know what I watched on Directv today as well.

direct tv/girls gone wild??? hehe sorry teasing:) just got my direct tv , i guess they will know i want some FOOTBALL:)

Objectivist
09-08-2009, 06:52 PM
direct tv/girls gone wild??? hehe sorry teasing:) just got my direct tv , i guess they will know i want some FOOTBALL:)

No GGW for me. Discovery Channel and National Geographic, Science Channels, NASA. etc.....

They got RedTube for free online.

speciallyblend
09-08-2009, 07:00 PM
No GGW for me. Discovery Channel and National Geographic, Science Channels, NASA. etc.....

They got RedTube for free online.

yeah i dig those channels more;) honestly i have never watched ggw but i like the idea:)

!

Deborah K
09-08-2009, 07:10 PM
Files on me were over 3 inches thick last time I saw them. I am sure they have been added to.

We need a "Kiss my Moon" emoticon. :cool:

You mean like this?

http://i39.tinypic.com/nq1tfr.jpg

Deborah K
09-08-2009, 07:13 PM
We used to own an alarm and security camera business. Had to get DOJ clearance, etc. And now the SPLC recently released detailed info about the minuteman org. we're a part of. I'm a little worried that I will be on their list the next time I need to fly.

InterestedParticipant
09-08-2009, 07:18 PM
But wait a minute, by your own admission you're a trained US warfighting Guerilla. It sounds like you had a long and close relationship with Uncle Sam, so I would expect there to be plenty of paperwork on you.

Am I missing something?

james1906
09-08-2009, 07:28 PM

Is this even possible?

speciallyblend
09-08-2009, 07:29 PM
You mean like this?

cute;)

Reason
09-09-2009, 12:17 AM
I think the IP address logs are the most invasive from that report anyways.

akihabro
09-09-2009, 01:26 AM
Domestic Harassing Statists, should you expect anything less?

tangent4ronpaul
09-09-2009, 02:22 AM
We used to own an alarm and security camera business. Had to get DOJ clearance, etc. And now the SPLC recently released detailed info about the minuteman org. we're a part of. I'm a little worried that I will be on their list the next time I need to fly.

Every time I fly (very rarely) I get "randomly" selected for an extra inspection at the gate... :( No rubber glove stuff, but wanded and carry on dissected. Was talking to a girl (Congressional staffer - not for Paul) who got similarly "randomly" selected the last time I flew and she said this happens every time she flies. "Random" my ass!

-t

pcosmar
09-09-2009, 09:09 AM
But wait a minute, by your own admission you're a trained US warfighting Guerilla. It sounds like you had a long and close relationship with Uncle Sam, so I would expect there to be plenty of paperwork on you.

Am I missing something?

No, not missing anything, Besides military training and attempted recruitment by (Unofficial agents), Arrest and Prison records, I have not SEEN any files since the 80s.
I know of the ones I have seen.
I have attempted to get my trial transcripts and they are sealed. :(

I am sure they have been added to.

pcosmar
09-09-2009, 09:10 AM
You mean like this?

Yeah, that will do. :D
Can we get that added to the forum collection?

dave68
09-09-2009, 10:35 AM
I had a strange problem at the canadian border this weekend. My wife, and I walked across on foot. The border patrol agent was really pricky. I ended up being ruled inadmissable to Canada due to DWAI from 30 years ago, and 10 years ago. I know I was stupid, and it wasn`t right. BUT I have traveled in, and out of Canada at least 50 times in the last 10 years. I have flown out of Canada. I have had bank accounts, taken vacations, etc.
Both charges were reduced to traffic infractions, I have no criminal record whatsoever. The guy also told me I could be charged with a crime for not voluntarily telling this without even being asked. I just find this odd. I have been in Canada 5 times this year. I know they saw my record before. I know border patrol workers, and they said they have access to the info. It seems to be selectively enforced. I feel like I was definitely singled out for some reason.
The only way around this is to apply for a waiver, with FBI, and state background checks, and of course some $$$$.
Screw them. I spent at least $50,000 over 10 years with family vacations, etc. For the hell of it I googled # of DUI arrests. In 2003 there were 1.1 million in USA. Combine that with whatever other crimes they consider inadmissable, and you are talking millions of people.
Just letting people know you could get screwed out of money for pre booked vacations, or flights. Hate to hear of someone driving long distances to go on a hunting, or fishing trip, and not being able to cross because of something you did many years ago.

InterestedParticipant
09-09-2009, 10:42 AM
I had a strange problem at the canadian border this weekend. My wife, and I walked across on foot. The border patrol agent was really pricky. I ended up being ruled inadmissable to Canada due to DWAI from 30 years ago, and 10 years ago. I know I was stupid, and it wasn`t right. BUT I have traveled in, and out of Canada at least 50 times in the last 10 years. I have flown out of Canada. I have had bank accounts, taken vacations, etc.
Both charges were reduced to traffic infractions, I have no criminal record whatsoever. The guy also told me I could be charged with a crime for not voluntarily telling this without even being asked. I just find this odd. I have been in Canada 5 times this year. I know they saw my record before. I know border patrol workers, and they said they have access to the info. It seems to be selectively enforced. I feel like I was definitely singled out for some reason.
The only way around this is to apply for a waiver, with FBI, and state background checks, and of course some $$$$.
Screw them. I spent at least $50,000 over 10 years with family vacations, etc. For the hell of it I googled # of DUI arrests. In 2003 there were 1.1 million in USA. Combine that with whatever other crimes they consider inadmissable, and you are talking millions of people.
Just letting people know you could get screwed out of money for pre booked vacations, or flights. Hate to hear of someone driving long distances to go on a hunting, or fishing trip, and not being able to cross because of something you did many years ago.
They're tightening down the borders for Americans... it's part of the plan.

Matt Collins
09-09-2009, 11:13 AM
I don't know what they have on me now, but I'd be happy to provide them with a stool sample.... I'll even voluntarily send it to them at 30 miles per hour through the air :D

Deborah K
09-09-2009, 01:27 PM
Every time I fly (very rarely) I get "randomly" selected for an extra inspection at the gate... :( No rubber glove stuff, but wanded and carry on dissected. Was talking to a girl (Congressional staffer - not for Paul) who got similarly "randomly" selected the last time I flew and she said this happens every time she flies. "Random" my ass!

-t

Wow. In January I'm meeting up with several girlfriends in Vegas. I think I'll drive. But in February one of my daughters is having her baby and I can't drive, it's too far. :(

chudrockz
09-09-2009, 01:32 PM
I flat-out refuse to fly. In fact I have not done so in almost ten years now, and I don't miss it. (At 6'8" and 330 pounds, I don't fit well in the sardine cans - I mean airplanes - anyhow.)

Just last week I was utterly unable to avoid going to the Mpls/ St. Paul airport to pick up my brother-in-law, but the only "overt" reminder of the police state I saw was that ridiculous electronic board thing reminding folks that the "alert level" is "orange" (whatever the hell THAT means).

Deborah K
09-09-2009, 01:37 PM
We should get our own fleet of planes. Private planes don't have to go through the same BS.

MelissaWV
09-09-2009, 01:47 PM
well if their records are correct and accurate! they should know i love my brownies:)

Government records are seldom accurate. They're mostly keyed in by people who don't know what the little nipples on the "J" and "F" keys are for, and take breaks every ten minutes.

I used to work with them, sadly.

MelissaWV
09-09-2009, 01:49 PM
Is this even possible?

Yes, it's possible to buy your tickets cash, but you'll have to show up in person, and you'll have to have the cash on you. I haven't done it *RECENTLY* but I have done it post-9/11. Just be aware that you'll be VERY likely screened over and over, because apparently only terrorists would want to part with precious Federal Reserve Notes.

Deborah K
09-09-2009, 01:53 PM
Government records are seldom accurate. They're mostly keyed in by people who don't know what the little nipples on the "J" and "F" keys are for, and take breaks every ten minutes.

I used to work with them, sadly.

ummmm....what are the little nipples? I've never noticed them before now.:confused:

MelissaWV
09-09-2009, 01:57 PM
ummmm....what are the little nipples? I've never noticed them before now.:confused:

Homerow keys = ASDF JKL;

Homerow keys upon which your index fingers should rest and return to: F J

:)

They're there so that you can more easily locate the homerow without looking down. Your fingers should come back to those two keys when touch-typing. My keyboard has no letters on it, so it is a little helpful :D It's also really great for helping people with vision impairments find their starting point on the keyboard.

I don't think someone's dumb for not knowing... but... if your entire career is data entry, I'd hope you'd notice it, y'know?

Matt Collins
09-09-2009, 02:58 PM
http://philosecurity.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/ip-address.png
http://philosecurity.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/cc2.png
http://philosecurity.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/hotel2.png

Matt Collins
09-09-2009, 02:59 PM

This also increases the chances that you'll get the extra special search.

Matt Collins
09-09-2009, 03:01 PM
Just last week I was utterly unable to avoid going to the Mpls/ St. Paul airport to pick up my brother-in-law, but the only "overt" reminder of the police state I saw was that ridiculous electronic board thing reminding folks that the "alert level" is "orange" (whatever the hell THAT means).

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll250/RDemocrat/bigterror.jpg

MelissaWV
09-09-2009, 04:15 PM
This also increases the chances that you'll get the extra special search.

I've mentioned this two or three times in this thread...

They can search my book all they want. The worst I could do with it is give a mean paper cut or throw it at someone's head, which isn't exactly an iron-clad means of taking over the plane. Especially when the book is "Flatland".

Matt Collins
09-09-2009, 05:29 PM
http://www.nostate.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/myfirstcavitysearch.jpg