PDA

View Full Version : Could Ron Paul Get Three Presidential Nominations?

JosephTheLibertarian
09-29-2007, 04:01 AM
http://forthardknox.com/2007/09/28/could-ron-paul-get-three-presidential-nominations/

that is very likely.. if he secures the GOP nomination

SouthernGuy15
09-29-2007, 06:53 AM
That would be awesome!

He should use that in a future debate.

Moderator: "What would allow you to beat the democratic candidate?"

Ron Paul: "Quite frankly, I'm the only candidate that would have the official nomination of three political parties. I would have the support of the Republican, Libertarian, and Constitution parties! No other person here tonight can claim that!"

SouthernGuy15
09-29-2007, 06:55 AM
Seriously, Ron Paul needs to utilize this idea!

"Elect me to be your nominee. Instead of one party supporting me, I'll have three!"

libertythor
09-29-2007, 06:55 AM
Even if he doesn't get the GOP nomination, in my opinion he should try for the Constitution Party and the Libertarian Party.

SouthernGuy15
09-29-2007, 06:57 AM
Nope, he has already stated specifically he will not run as a third party candidate. He is a man of his word and will not.

Quite frankly, I love this idea of him obtaining the Republican and Constitution Party nominations as well as the Republican!

Can someone sticky this thread?

JosephTheLibertarian
09-29-2007, 06:59 AM
Nope, he has already stated specifically he will not run as a third party candidate. He is a man of his word and will not.

Quite frankly, I love this idea of him obtaining the Republican and Constitution Party nominations as well as the Republican!

Can someone sticky this thread?

they could nominate him anyway

SouthernGuy15
09-29-2007, 07:05 AM
Ron Paul would not accept the Constitution or Libertarian nomination if he did not obtain the Republican.

What we need to do is get past the notion of wanting him to run as a third party candidate. He will not! Period!

I would want him too, but he is NOT going to.

JosephTheLibertarian
09-29-2007, 07:07 AM
nah.. he would be on the ballots even though he wouldn't want it

libertythor
09-29-2007, 07:08 AM
If he doesn't win the nomination I will definitely vote Libertarian or Constitution.

SouthernGuy15
09-29-2007, 07:09 AM
Quite frankly, it would be a complete waste for the Libertarians and Constitution Party to give the nomination to a candidate that is not running!

If Ron Paul does not win the Republican Nomination I'm fully supporting Steve Kubby!

However, THIS THREAD NEEDS TO BE STICKIED.

Ron Paul could use the fact he could get the nomination of THREE political parties in his speeches and the debates!

speciallyblend
09-29-2007, 07:09 AM
THEN I GUESS THE REPUBLICANS HAVE ONE HOPE RON PAUL,because if the GOP doesnt.I'm definetly abandoning the republican party,only joined for RON PAUL,in my eyes typical democrats and republicans are one in the same,look at your paycheck and bend over

JosephTheLibertarian
09-29-2007, 07:11 AM
THEN I GUESS THE REPUBLICANS HAVE ONE HOPE RON PAUL,because if the GOP doesnt.I'm definetly abandoning the republican party,only joined for RON PAUL,in my eyes typical democrats and republicans are one in the same,look at your paycheck and bend over

yeah, these two parties are in the way of progress imo

libertythor
09-29-2007, 07:11 AM
I am all for stickieing this! Hey...how about Ezola Foster for VP?

ross11988
09-29-2007, 07:14 AM
why does ron paul not want to run for a 3rd party, i can see why hes sticking to the republican party now, but why not after the primary.

trispear
09-29-2007, 07:14 AM
Wow, this would be great point in Ron showing he is a UNITER instead of politicians saying they are (like Bush..... yeah, he meant he unites people against him.)

libertythor
09-29-2007, 07:16 AM
He could give his voice to the Free State Project in the event he doesn't win the nomination. Watch the D.C. pundits run wih that one! It would be great media coverage.

uncloned21
09-29-2007, 07:20 AM
I dont understand what good a sticky does?

JosephTheLibertarian
09-29-2007, 07:20 AM
I wonder what the hell the free state project is doing? why are they not campaigning for RP?

SouthernGuy15
09-29-2007, 07:21 AM
Lets keep on topic!

This thread needs to be stickied.

This idea needs to be communicated to the Ron Paul campaign.

This topic needs to be spread far and wide.

Corydoras
09-29-2007, 07:32 AM
Do you really think it would get Ron Paul that many more votes?

libertythor
09-29-2007, 07:34 AM
400,000 people on average vote Libertarian...100,000 Constitution. 500,000 votes is nothing to sneeze at when combined with a Republican nomination.

SouthernGuy15
09-29-2007, 07:38 AM
Quite frankly, I think mentioning he could get the nomination of all three parties could help him obtain the Republican nomination!

NO OTHER REPUBLICAN CANDIDATE COULD CLAIM THIS!

Original_Intent
09-29-2007, 08:15 AM
First, I think this is a great point to bring up.

Second, people have got to quit putting words in RP's mouth. He was asked if he would make an INDEPENDENT run if he did not get the nomination. That is not the same as a third party run - especially if he was nominated by two parties!

Third, even if he had been specifically asked about a third party run, his response, if you listen was "No, that is not something that we have considered." You may call it splitting hairs but that is different than "No, I wouldn't run." I was listening when he was asked and it was a nasty question because to say "Yes" (that he would run Independent) would make him look disloyal to the party and would have killed his campaign early on. Trust me, a "Yes" on that question would have garnered a lot of bad press.

Now, for all I know Ron Paul may intend to neither run Independent or third party, but the questions that he was asked was about an independent run. Of course, we have to win the GOP omination and make it a moot point. For myself, if he got a strong showing (say 15-20%) in the primary and if he was then offered the nom for the LP and CP I think it would be a shame if he declined. Even if it split the GOP vote and gave the election to Hillary (which in my opinion would be catastrophic) the GOP has got to learn that true conservatives WILL go elsewhere other than vote for the lesser of two evils, which is why I am voting RP in the general even if I have to write him in.

SouthernGuy15
09-29-2007, 08:33 AM
He was specifically asked on TV the other day if he would run as a third party candidate. He said NO!

Lets close this issue!

Now, we need to spread the word far and wide that Ron Paul is the only candidate that could get THREE nominations!

RP4ME
09-29-2007, 08:59 AM
Is he really that hated by GOP constituents? I feel like it just teh ones n control..... the neocons hes not popular with - do yall agree with writers statement?

SouthernGuy15
09-29-2007, 09:21 AM
Has anyone contacted the Ron Paul campaign to ask them if they will utilize this?

briatx
09-29-2007, 10:03 AM
The Great Americans on Fox would surely use this against Ron Paul during the GOP primaries.

It would be good for the general election, not the primaries. Ron Paul has to woo the GOP ONLY right now.

Arkris
09-29-2007, 01:25 PM
Getting the Republican nomination is all we should care about right now. We must win this battle before we even consider any others because there are still a lot of uninformed voters out there who actually will vote for the likes of Rudy McRomneyson, simply because they recognize one of their names on the ballot. As optimistic as I'd like to be, Ron Paul is still considered a long-shot candidate, and a lot of people like to vote for people specifically because they think that they'll win. It doesn't make any sense to me why somebody would vote for somebody they don't care about, simply because they'll feel like a winner when the guy wins, but they do.

I think we would have a better chance of winning the Republican nomination if we lure voters AWAY from the Libertarian and Constitution Parties so they can contribute their numbers to the Republican Primary and push Ron Paul into the plurality. The other candidates will split the vote among warmongering Republicans, but I don't think thats enough to help us win the nomination.

Yes we need to focus on the Constitution and Libertarian parties. But not for their nomination, we need to pull their members into the Republican Party.

gravesdav
09-29-2007, 04:58 PM
I don't know if this was mentioned but parties can cross endorse in NY. I'm pretty sure the CPNY is endorsing Ron already, though they're not an officially recognized party in NY (nor is the Libertarian Party). But we have a Conservative Party that can usually make or break Republicans if they get or don't get that endorsement. I'm not too familiar with their politics but I dont think they would endorse Ron.

Pizza God
09-29-2007, 05:19 PM
Ron Paul's only hope is to get the Republican nomination, if we to well and are winning in the primaries, then the Libertarian and Constitution party can vote to endorse Ron as there candidate too. I know Steve Kubby has already stated he would push for this, and I have heard several Constitution party members say they would like to see this done.

BUT FIRST, WE MUST MUST MUST WIN THE REPUBLICAN NOMINATION.