PDA

View Full Version : Rand fundraiser in DC?

Matt Collins
09-07-2009, 08:48 PM
So (the rumor goes) apparently Rand will be holding a fund raiser in DC soon. Anyone else hear this? ;)

MRoCkEd
09-07-2009, 08:54 PM
With 23 senators of his own, right? :p

Matt Collins
09-09-2009, 08:50 PM
More details of this coming soon.... so I hear ;-)

dr. hfn
09-09-2009, 09:17 PM
>:{ not amused!

specsaregood
09-09-2009, 09:22 PM
>:{ not amused!

Actually i think it would be appropriate if the Liberty Caucus members held a fundraiser for him.

Matt Collins
09-09-2009, 09:27 PM
Sep 16th is the date.

Matt Collins
09-11-2009, 12:20 PM
Looks like it will be hosted by the Ladies for Liberty Alliance

MRoCkEd
09-11-2009, 12:22 PM
Looks like it will be hosted by the Ladies for Liberty Alliance
http://www.iamlola.org/wp-content/uploads/img/lolaanmiated.gif

Matt Collins
09-11-2009, 01:16 PM
Dr. Rand Paul will be in Washington, D.C. on Wednesday September 16th 7pm for a fundraiser. It will be held at the 6th floor office of Americans for Tax Reform - 722 12th Street NW, Washington, DC.

In the spirit of www.KentuckyFight.com (http://www.KentuckyFight.com) here is the cost:
$25 Standing Room Only. Entry. No Drink Tickets.
$50 Bleacher Seats. Entry. 2 Drink Tickets.
$100 Ringside. Entry. 4 Drink Tickets.

It is even rumored that a certain Member of Congress might attend. Will you be there?

This event is hosted by the Ladies Of Liberty Alliance:
http://ladiesoflibertyalliance.ning.com/

For questions please contact Nicole Kardell randpauldc@gmail.com

Matt Collins
09-14-2009, 10:08 PM
I have updated the e-mail address for this event.

ingrid
09-14-2009, 11:08 PM
They updated the event page on facebook and some of the details changed

Dr. Rand Paul will be in Washington, D.C. on Wednesday September 16th for a fundraiser.

It is even rumored that a certain Member of Congress might attend. Will you be there?

$100 Box Seats. Entry. 3 Drink Tickets.
$200 Ringside. Entry. Open Bar.

Business attire please.

Matt Collins
09-15-2009, 09:33 AM
Thanks for pointing this out.

specsaregood
09-15-2009, 10:02 AM
So "business attire" for this event?
I'm getting conflicting opinions from people I asked. I'm sorta guessing it isn't my usual-day-at-work business attire of: boxer shorts, tshirt and sandals.

Blazer required? Tie required? Button-up shirt with collar? Pants with a belt? Black leather shoes?
Just wondering....I don't know if I can make it but would want to see if I have the clothes for the event before trying to find a place in my schedule to go. Been awhile since I had to get gussied up.

Matt Collins
09-15-2009, 10:19 AM
I'm getting conflicting opinions from people I asked. I'm sorta guessing it isn't my usual-day-at-work business attire of: boxer shorts, tshirt and sandals.

Blazer required? Tie required? Button-up shirt with collar? Pants with a belt? Black leather shoes?
Just wondering....I don't know if I can make it but would want to see if I have the clothes for the event before trying to find a place in my schedule to go. Been awhile since I had to get gussied up.
HA HA HA. E-mail the address listed above and ask them. ;)

TruthisTreason
09-15-2009, 12:24 PM

If you write a check -- you can wear whatever you want to. ;)

RonPaulFanInGA
09-15-2009, 12:35 PM

They'll let you in while wearing boxers and a wife beater as long as you donate $100.

specsaregood
09-15-2009, 12:43 PM
//

tangent4ronpaul
09-16-2009, 02:23 AM
They updated the event page on facebook and some of the details changed

Dr. Rand Paul will be in Washington, D.C. on Wednesday September 16th for a fundraiser.

$100 Box Seats. Entry. 3 Drink Tickets.
$200 Ringside. Entry. Open Bar.

Business attire please.

What event page on Facebook?

On Sept 14th I got this from Ron Paul:

Dear Friend,

In case you missed it, my son Rand is running for United Sates Senate from Kentucky and is positioned for an historic victory.

On Wednesday, September 16, Rand will be in Washington, DC to appear on television, and will meet afterward with friends. Some of our special supporters have been working very hard to arrange this event, and I hope you can turn out and show your support for Liberty.

The location will be:

722 12th Street NW
Sixth Floor
7:00 pm-9:00 pm

Contributions of $25, $50 or $100 are requested, and drinks and appetizers will be served. As always, I am sure we will have a lot of fun. And, if my voting schedule allows, I just might join the party.

Again, I hope you can turn out to support Rand this coming Wednesday at 7:00 pm.

In Liberty,

Ron Paul

On Sept 15th I got this from Rand Paul:

Upcoming Meet & Greets:

Here is your chance to meet Rand Paul in Washington DC on Wednesday, September 16. The Ladies of Liberty Alliance will host an event for Dr. Paul at 722 12th Street NW 6th floor, from 7:00pm until 9:00pm.

Those interested in attending should RSVP to Nicole Kardell at randpauldc@gmail.com or by phone to 917-771-3482.

Meet and Greets ==> meet friends ==> fundraiser
Contributions REQUESTED ==> no mention of contributions ==> tickets sold for staged seating / standing
no dress code ==> no dress code ==> dress code
drinks and appetizers ==> no mention ==> drinks based on ticket cost (no appetizer?)
The staged seating also sounds like everyone in back or the "bleachers" will not have an opportunity to meet Rand. A little too controlling for me.
No RSVP ==> No RSVP ==> RSVP

I think a lot of VERY surprised people are going to be showing up and will be unpleasantly surprised. Not the best thing to do to supporters.

Just the mixed messages and last minute unpleasant surprises really chaff me. I donated $200 to the last money bomb, I don't have that much to give for this event and there is another money bomb in a week. Just makes me feel like I'm being squeezed rather that relying on my generosity and giving what I can afford.

In any event, I had definitely planned to attend this even, but due to the new information, I most definitively WILL NOT BE!

There seems to have been a serious breakdown in communications / what was promised and a lack of a pointer to the facebook event page between the organizers, Ron and Rand.

Maybe next time,

-t

tangent4ronpaul
09-16-2009, 03:12 AM
this forum has issues w/ "==>" specifically the no mention of contributions line. after previous word was bolded.

-t

tangent4ronpaul
09-16-2009, 03:24 AM
ps: think of the college student who shows up with $25 in their pocket having been promised by Dr. Paul drinks and appetizers, only to be told that they have to stand in the back and can't have a beer because they didn't donate enough? - think that person is going to be just a tad miffed?

Think that person is going to be gung ho about donating to the money bomb in a week?

-t

ingrid
09-16-2009, 05:06 AM
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=131051534455

I also know that when I emailed them two days ago, the facebook event had the details Matt posted in his 9/11 post. I don't think it's a wise decision to change things like that especially last minute.

tangent4ronpaul
09-16-2009, 05:56 AM
Thanks for the link Ingrid

The disconnect between the invites is incredible. It sounds like they are talking about 2 different events. For the facebook one, I was beginning to wonder if they had rented out a boxing ring... but apparently not.

-t

tangent4ronpaul
09-16-2009, 09:27 AM
This is apparently a reception. There are no bleacher seats, Box seats, etc. They were just being "cute" about donation levels.

-t

Matt Collins
09-16-2009, 10:18 AM
http://hphotos-snc1.fbcdn.net/hs255.snc1/10227_691778992304_11300527_40925607_1027317_n.jpg

Matt Collins
09-16-2009, 10:26 AM
From Kevin Brett, one of the organizers:

we've been told we'll be able to ship signed "End the Fed" books to $200 donors, and signed constitutions to $100 donors after the event.

Matt Collins
09-16-2009, 04:01 PM
Looks like they are anticipating well over 100 people!

specsaregood
09-16-2009, 04:16 PM
Looks like they are anticipating well over 100 people!

I wonder if any other lawmakers (polticians, not the lobbyists that actually write the laws) will make an appearance besides Ron?

I couldn't go, too much work and too horrible of a drive, so I guess I shall have to live vicariously through reports we get back here...

specsaregood
09-16-2009, 09:43 PM
No feedback/reports yet?

Matt Collins
09-16-2009, 10:28 PM
No feedback/reports yet?http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=210441