PDA

View Full Version : Your Opinion Of Sarah Palin

SevenEyedJeff
09-07-2009, 06:32 PM
I sense a few of you hold very positive views of Sarah Palin on this site. I haven't taken much of a liking to her since she joined the "McCorpse" ticket that was destined to lose last election. I wasn't too thrilled when the RNC spent $ 150,000 in the run-up to the election to spice up her wardrobe, which is more than a lot of people's houses. At work I see people writing checks to the RNC or DNC from time to time, and I think what a waste of money. Leave it to a nice looking woman in a bikini to get all the guys in the voting booth to start drooling and motivate them to pick a candidate to run the country.

Akus
09-07-2009, 06:36 PM
If that person is anywhere near the 1600 Pennsylvania Ave, God help us all. She is a religious nut.

ctiger2
09-07-2009, 06:37 PM
$arah Palin rocks!

kathy88
09-07-2009, 06:37 PM
I can't look at her without thinking, "I can see Russia from my house." I'm sure there are many others like me.

Wulfslęd
09-07-2009, 06:39 PM
I like her, but I don't love her. She's far from being libertarian. No chance in hell I would vote for her as president.

SevenEyedJeff
09-07-2009, 06:43 PM
$arah Palin rocks!

You have to be sarcastic since there are no positive votes yet in the poll. :rolleyes:

Unless you can't figure out how to vote, then I believe you. :p

Brett
09-07-2009, 06:49 PM
I see I'm the first to vote "Somewhat positive".

She has good small-government instincts, as understands that government interference on the economy is bad. I'm not sure if she grasps the deeper level on why those 2 views make sense but she holds them anyway. Plus the Liberals hate her.

As for her being too religious, that should be a concern, but since I'm equally religious I don't care about it.

jmdrake
09-07-2009, 06:59 PM
I see I'm the first to vote "Somewhat positive".

She has good small-government instincts, as understands that government interference on the economy is bad. I'm not sure if she grasps the deeper level on why those 2 views make sense but she holds them anyway. Plus the Liberals hate her.

As for her being too religious, that should be a concern, but since I'm equally religious I don't care about it.

I have to agree on one point. She's no more "religious" than Ron Paul. I also don't care about the "See Russia from my house" comment. It was a figure of speech and Alaska and Russia are very close. I do think she should have given a smarter response like "Well a one time senator who hasn't even finished his term doesn't have a lot of foreign policy experience either. At least we have FP experience at the TOP of our ticket."

What I dislike about Palin? She supported the bailout. She thought it had something to do with job creation and tax cuts. :rolleyes: At least that's what she said she thought. She supported the Bush foreign policy including the disastrous war in Iraq which had NOTHING to do with our security. I have a hard time getting past those two issues.

Brett
09-07-2009, 07:02 PM
She supported the bailout. She thought it had something to do with job creation and tax cuts.
To my knowledge the McCain one did have to do with Tax Cuts.

I'm still trying to sort out the things she said. Some of it sounds really good where some of it sounds like things she was told to say. If they had let her be herself, instead of moderating her speeches to make them less Conservative, I think she'd have a lot more appeal (And would answer questions better when she's not defending or trying to explain something she doesn't believe).

Wulfslęd
09-07-2009, 07:07 PM
Palin didn't say that she could see Russia from her house. That was Tina Fey on SNL.

lynnf
09-07-2009, 07:10 PM
a lightweight, a loose cannon, not ready for prime time, deer caught in the headlights (road kill)

could improve with education, but doubt she can or will do it, but time will tell

lynn

Minlawc
09-07-2009, 07:14 PM
I don't hate her. She's just disappointing.

Thrashertm
09-07-2009, 07:17 PM
I sense a few of you hold very positive views of Sarah Palin on this site. I haven't taken much of a liking to her since she joined the "McCorpse" ticket that was destined to lose last election. I wasn't too thrilled when the RNC spent $ 150,000 in the run-up to the election to spice up her wardrobe, which is more than a lot of people's houses. At work I see people writing checks to the RNC or DNC from time to time, and I think what a waste of money. Leave it to a nice looking woman in a bikini to get all the guys in the voting booth to start drooling and motivate them to pick a candidate to run the country.

She's the epitome of the ugly American in terms of her ignorance. I doubt her sincerity when it comes to small government issues. She supports the Empire.

What's there to like?

KramerDSP
09-07-2009, 07:24 PM
What I dislike about Palin? She supported the bailout. She thought it had something to do with job creation and tax cuts. :rolleyes: At least that's what she said she thought. She supported the Bush foreign policy including the disastrous war in Iraq which had NOTHING to do with our security. I have a hard time getting past those two issues.

I agree. Before she became famous, people were batting her name around as a possible VP for Paul if he won the GOP nomination. Then when McCain picked her, it seemed like she sold out a lot of her principles and was being advised by his people on what her positions should be on the war in Iraq and a bunch of other issues. That's when I got turned off for good. I'm willing to at least hear her out, but I have her in the same neighborhood as I have Glen Beck in (the "can't trust them as far as I can throw them" neighborhood).

Objectivist
09-07-2009, 07:46 PM
I can't look at her without thinking, "I can see Russia from my house." I'm sure there are many others like me.

Geography Dude! You can see Russia from Alaska.

Objectivist
09-07-2009, 07:54 PM
My opinion? She was hamstrung by the McCain Campaign and much more conservative than his people wanted anyone to know about. SO they coached her to turn down her ideals for the campaign. I would have unleashed her full throttle and crushed the opposition. But alas she is a known quantity now and more in the limelight, which is a good thing if you hold any real conservative values. I didn't catch too much of her religious ideals coming out during the campaign, other than her holding all life being sacred, which is admirable even if you are an Atheist like myself. I never heard her saying we needed god in public schools.

I'd say I'm happy that a real outsider has stepped into the fray of WASHINGTON DC politics and scared the shit out of people.... why else is there such a strong desire to demonize her? Kinda like people trying to make RP out as a nutjob, don't ya think?

jmdrake
09-07-2009, 08:01 PM
Geography Dude! You can see Russia from Alaska.

True. It's sad that so many people don't know the difference between Tina Fey and Sarah Palin. Tina Fey made the "See Russian from my house" comment.

Objectivist
09-07-2009, 08:05 PM
True. It's sad that so many people don't know the difference between Tina Fey and Sarah Palin. Tina Fey made the "See Russian from my house" comment.

Yep!

Sad part is that people don't know their Geography either. AT a couple points there lie islands between a 50 mile wide channel. SO Russia is visible from Alaska.

I know I can Santa Cruz from my house and it's 40 miles away, across the Monterey Bay.:eek:

Master
09-07-2009, 08:05 PM
I don't dislike her but she is a total moron. She hasn't got a clue what she's talking about. I guess you could say the same for Joe Biden though. ;)

Objectivist
09-07-2009, 08:08 PM
I don't dislike her but she is a total moron. She hasn't got a clue what she's talking about. I guess you could say the same for Joe Biden though. ;)

Examples?

Master
09-07-2009, 08:15 PM
Examples?

YouTube - Palin On Foreign Policy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nokTjEdaUGg)

YouTube - Sarah Palin Holds Forth on Bush Doctrine, Pakistan (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z75QSExE0jU)

Flash
09-07-2009, 08:32 PM
Somewhat positive. Sarah Plan nutjobs on the internet annoy me and tend to attack Ron Paul a lot. But the reason I view her somewhat positively would be due to Pat Buchanan's view on her, he told us to trust Palin so I'm going to take his word for it.

Objectivist
09-07-2009, 08:35 PM
Charlie freekin hit her with a jackass question. How would you respond?

I'd ask WTF do you mean by Bush Doctrine.

Then she dug her own grave with Katie, to be expected from someone that had no exposure to the NYC Press.

On another note, my states governor has trade missions to Mexico all the time. Does that give Herr Schwarzenegger some experience with foreign governments? The Japanese have been to his office too. She still had more executive experience than Obama for what it's worth. Then I'm open to anything outside the DC norm in the realm of world politics.... do you want the same programmed rubes running our country? I bet she's worked out a few bugs after being thrown into the grinder of DC politics.

Many times when I'm winning in a political debate my opponent will bring up some off the wall author that nobody knows and then asks. "Haven't you heard of him before?" Then most people I debate don't know who Murray Rothbard or Ludwig von Mises are. It's all relative and why the hell would she know anything about "The Bush Doctrine"? Did any of us? What exactly is it?

jmdrake
09-07-2009, 08:37 PM
My opinion? She was hamstrung by the McCain Campaign and much more conservative than his people wanted anyone to know about. SO they coached her to turn down her ideals for the campaign. I would have unleashed her full throttle and crushed the opposition. But alas she is a known quantity now and more in the limelight, which is a good thing if you hold any real conservative values. I didn't catch too much of her religious ideals coming out during the campaign, other than her holding all life being sacred, which is admirable even if you are an Atheist like myself. I never heard her saying we needed god in public schools.

I'd say I'm happy that a real outsider has stepped into the fray of WASHINGTON DC politics and scared the shit out of people.... why else is there such a strong desire to demonize her? Kinda like people trying to make RP out as a nutjob, don't ya think?

Good point. I often thought some of her stupid comments about the economy were based on the fact that John McCain put her in the impossible position of defending his abysmal record on economic issues. I wish she had said in response to the bailout question "Well here's one place where I disagree with Senator McCain." Of course they never would have let her on the ticket if they thought she'd be that independent.

Vessol
09-07-2009, 10:11 PM
She lost McCain the election, not that I supported McCain, but that is a testamont to her..for lack of better term "suckage".

Kind of sad, still didn't support him in the past, but McCain had a lot of solid beliefs and stood by them in the past years...then the election came -_-.

jmdrake
09-07-2009, 10:16 PM
She lost McCain the election, not that I supported McCain, but that is a testamont to her..for lack of better term "suckage".

Kind of sad, still didn't support him in the past, but McCain had a lot of solid beliefs and stood by them in the past years...then the election came -_-.

:rolleyes: I'm no Palin fan, but McCain lost the election himself when he said "I'm suspending my campaign" and "I want to make a joint statement about the economy with Barack Obama". Really, after that point why was there any reason for anybody to vote for him?

PaulaGem
09-07-2009, 10:20 PM

I am sure Ms. Fey knew the geography. It was the abusurdity that Ms. Palin cited her proximity to Russia and the fact that she was titular head of the Alaskan National Guard as credentials that qualified her to be next in line to the POTUS.

It was a joke... Ms. Palin set up the punchline.

PaulaGem
09-07-2009, 10:24 PM
Charlie freekin hit her with a jackass question. How would you respond?

I'd ask WTF do you mean by Bush Doctrine.

Then she dug her own grave with Katie, to be expected from someone that had no exposure to the NYC Press.

Nothing could excuse the fact that she couldn't name a single newspaper or periodical that she used as a source of information.

jmdrake
09-07-2009, 10:31 PM
I am sure Ms. Fey knew the geography.

I never said Ms. Fey didn't. I said that some people don't know the difference between Sarah Palin and Tina Fey! I've have multiple people tell me that Sarah Palin was "dumb" because she said she could "see Russia from her back yard."

It was the abusurdity that Ms. Palin cited her proximity to Russia and the fact that she was titular head of the Alaskan National Guard as credentials that qualified her to be next in line to the POTUS.

And exactly what foreign policy experience did governor Ronald Reagan have that qualified him to be POTUS? What foreign policy credentials qualified one time senator Barack Obama? A governor of a state that's in spitting distance of one foreign country and homemade rocket distance from another is likely to garner some limited foreign policy experience. Arguably more than what Reagan got being governor of California. Arguably less than what Obama got being a U.S. Senator. (Only because he likely saw some classified reports).

It was a joke... Ms. Palin set up the punchline.

She tried to honestly answer the question instead of doing the politically smart thing and deflect it by turning it into an attack on Obama's lack of experience. I can't believe I'm defending this woman because I am not a fan of hers, but this particular "joke" was a bum rap.

jmdrake
09-07-2009, 10:38 PM
YouTube - Sarah Palin Holds Forth on Bush Doctrine, Pakistan (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z75QSExE0jU)

I'm sorry. Maybe I missed something. How is Palin's fumbling fuzzy answer about how she would handle Pakistan any different from Obama's fumbling fuzzy answer about how he would handle Pakistan?

YouTube - Obama on Speaking Softly and Pakistan (Debate 2) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZDSJN7mVPo)

The difference is that Obama parlayed his fumbling fuzzy answer into an attack on McCain. But beyond that.....?

PaulaGem
09-07-2009, 10:41 PM
She tried to honestly answer the question instead of doing the politically smart thing and deflect it by turning it into an attack on Obama's lack of experience. I can't believe I'm defending this woman because I am not a fan of hers, but this particular "joke" was a bum rap.

Sorry, the newspaper question was a no-brainer. I think Katie was actually trying to give her a break.

I'm sure there wers some SNL Regan bits along the same line.

Regan actually got me to vote for the first time at the age of 30. His answers in debate were so appalling that I said "no way".

jmdrake
09-07-2009, 10:49 PM
Sorry, the newspaper question was a no-brainer. I think Katie was actually trying to give her a break.

I'm sure there wers some SNL Regan bits along the same line.

Regan actually got me to vote for the first time at the age of 30. His answers in debate were so appalling that I said "no way".

I agree that Katie Couric has not brain but that's not the point. ;) Being a governor of a state that borders two countries (Palin in Alaska) gives you at least as much foreign policy experience as being the governor of a state that borders only one country (Reagan in California) or a one time senator from Kenya (I mean Hawaii. :D). For the record Ron Paul doesn't have a lot of what people would call "foreign policy experience". He's not served in the foreign service. He doesn't travel overseas all that much. Has he even been on any foreign policy committees? But I'd take his foreign policy over a "foreign policy wonk" like Joe Biden any day.

Dreamofunity
09-07-2009, 10:51 PM
I don't think highly of any puppet, Palin being no exception.

newbitech
09-07-2009, 10:56 PM
somewhat negative. She's a distraction.

disorderlyvision
09-07-2009, 11:38 PM
I bet Tronpaul is loving these poll results...

Working Poor
09-07-2009, 11:54 PM
In light of the fact that she has so much support I wish I liked her better. She just seems like a neo-con to me...

Reason
09-07-2009, 11:57 PM
http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&source=hp&q=female%20clowns&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi

tron paul
09-08-2009, 03:36 AM
I bet Tronpaul is loving these poll results...
I CAME AS SOON AS I HEARD
:eek:

a tiny poll won't change the fact that SP and RP are the leaders of the liberty movement.

so instead of being disappointed, I'll just be glad that RP's appeal extends so far beyond Christian, pro-life, Social Conservatives like the man himself.

so rub it in, and keep demonstrating why the LP never goes anywhere.:rolleyes:

Palin - Bachmann 2012!!!

Bman
09-08-2009, 05:08 AM

a tiny poll won't change the fact that SP and RP are the leaders of the liberty movement.

so instead of being disappointed, I'll just be glad that RP's appeal extends so far beyond Christian, pro-life, Social Conservatives like the man himself.

Palin - Bachmann 2012!!!

Exactly how is Sarah leading any liberty movement?

kathy88
09-08-2009, 05:49 AM
Palin didn't say that she could see Russia from her house. That was Tina Fey on SNL.

I realize this, but I can't look at her without remembering it. And she was an absolute trainwreck in that Couric interview. She's way over her head. As is Obama.

IPSecure
09-08-2009, 05:50 AM

Mini-Me
09-08-2009, 08:44 AM

Palin - Bachmann 2012!!!

Stop this crap already, tron paul. Palin is nothing but a run-of-the-mill opportunist politician who happens to be slightly better looking than Henry Waxman, and today she's a neocon again. (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=2305787#post2305787)

acptulsa
09-08-2009, 08:49 AM
Stop this crap already, tron paul. Palin is nothing but a run-of-the-mill opportunist politician who happens to be slightly better looking than Henry Waxman, and today she's a neocon again. (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=2305787#post2305787)

Why would tron stop? One look at this poll is enough to convince anyone how much leeway he's making in promoting his dream girl...

Fact is, the rank and file G.O.P. hates quitters. She's dead to them. She's a major non-issue from any angle.

paulitics
09-08-2009, 08:53 AM
She is now officialiy a neocon. No ambiguity about it. I'm disappointed because I had a smidgen of hope for her.

kahless
09-08-2009, 09:27 AM
Ok, so she had to tow the neocon line for McCain but the campaign is over so what is her excuse now other than being an opportunist. My vote is therefore somewhat negative and wish she would just drop out of sight at this point.

Austin
09-08-2009, 09:29 AM
somewhat negative

max
09-08-2009, 09:32 AM
uneducated
narcissistic
rotten mother...raised a dope smoking son and whore daughter
worships Israel
as Mayor, spent her one horse town of Wasilla into oblivion
warmongering neoconnette
QUITTER!!!!! didnt even finish her first term
shopaholic
rumored adulteress
ultra ambitious
embarrased herself with Katie Couric interview...total dipshit

kahless
09-08-2009, 09:33 AM
but McCain had a lot of solid beliefs and stood by them in the past years....

You mean the doubletake express. Perhaps when it came down to it he stood by liberal progressive and neocon beliefs. He voted for bailouts, amnesty for illegals and supported a neocon foreign policy. It was a border line comedy routine McCain calling himself a Conservative during the campaign.

Aratus
09-08-2009, 09:36 AM
there is a thread here about a SARAH PALIN/RON PAUL ticket in 2012...
myself, upon reading the thread, i also thought of SARAH PALIN/RAND PAUL
as a likely ticket combo! i would be quite happy were 2012 and the g.o.p
convention to happenstance with a Palin/Paul ticket being very AuH2o!!!

pahs1994
09-08-2009, 09:41 AM
I can not vote...

Where is the option for smoking hot?

surf
09-08-2009, 11:01 AM
I can not vote...

Where is the option for smoking hot?

or (x) - i'd do her

kahless
09-08-2009, 11:07 AM
or (x) - i'd do her

I think that is where people are getting confused. I had to think about which head to use for this question.

catdd
09-08-2009, 12:18 PM
I think she's a Christian Zionist with strong ties to AIPAC and Israel.

Bruno
09-08-2009, 12:27 PM
uneducated
narcissistic
worships Israel
warmongering neoconnette
shopaholic
rumored adulteress
ultra ambitious

don't hold back. lol

Epic
09-08-2009, 12:28 PM
If she wears a bikini to a campaign stop, this anarchist would vote for her.

Bruno
09-08-2009, 12:32 PM
If she wears a ONE-PIECE to a campaign stop, this anarchist would vote for her.

fixed - four kids.

Brian4Liberty
09-08-2009, 12:58 PM
I don't think highly of any puppet, Palin being no exception.

And you do know who pulls her strings? It has been Bill Kristol all along. I am surprised so few people know about that.

I think she's a Christian Zionist with strong ties to AIPAC and Israel.

Strong ties to Bill Kristol. Same thing.

Brett
09-08-2009, 01:06 PM
uneducated
Confused on which answer to give. The censored GOP version or her own true Conservative answer. If you had to speak against your beliefs you'd fumble a bit too.

narcissistic
The only applause points in her speeches were simply jabs at Obama. She doesn't live for them.

So we want normal people to be able to hold office, but when they fail at bringing change while living their own lives it's open for ridicule? I thought Libertarians were tolerant and accepting of different lifestyles.

worships Israel
Good luck winning a nomination without that.

Then as governor she didn't. Learning from your own mistakes is good.

warmongering neoconnette
She's never given statements on HER views of the wars. Obviously she'll be biased because her son is serving over there now.

She was wasting tax dollars by focusing most of her time getting rid of random accusations, none of which were true. Time is money, and her time wasn't spent wisely. She did what was best for her state, the people who elected her.

shopaholic '
The GOP tried to give her $150,000 for new outfits and she declined.

rumored adulteress
Bad for Paul because of a rumor?

ultra ambitious
As if Ron Paul's beliefs are low-key and aim low.

Her first interview with a radically biased Liberal asking vague questions goes poorly and you write her off?

BuddyRey
09-08-2009, 01:46 PM
She's a conservative, meaning she only grasps half of the freedom puzzle. When she comes to accept personal liberty along with economic liberty, I'll support her.