PDA

View Full Version : Paganism and Christianity

LibertiORDeth
09-07-2009, 06:04 PM
I created this thread so those interested (me not so much) can discuss this topic and get the hell out of my thread located here :p
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=208679
Refer there for the origination of the discussion.

jmdrake
09-07-2009, 06:16 PM
Here's the cliff notes version. Flash is engaging in circular reasoning. He claims that the PAGAN emperor Constantine "stripped out" Paganism from Christianity. Why would a PAGAN emperor want to strip OUT paganism? Flash doesn't say. And his "proof" that the paganism was stripped out instead of added? The "fact" that Judaism "borrowed" ideas from paganism. Of course he totally ignores the possibility that Abraham might have been passing on the original religion of Ur that which got polluted later. He ignores the possibility of oral traditions predating written ones. Still even if you accept his premise it doesn't prove his point. (That Rome stripped out the paganism instead of adding it.) In order for Rome to have stripped out the paganism there had to be some "non pagan" core to begin with. But Flash claims the Jewish religion was completely pagan to begin with. :rolleyes: