PDA

View Full Version : Time Magazine: Ask Ron Paul a Question...

Epic
09-07-2009, 10:27 AM
http://10questions.time.com/2009/09/05/ask-ron-paul/

Dumbest questions:

"Don't you think Libertarian policies have limits in light of the recent market failure?"

"Do you consider the eight years of President George W. Bush the most Libertarian political age in recent memory?"

"Is there enough gold to back the level of economic activity the U.S. engages in."
[of course, the level of money supply doesn't matter, if goods and services increase, money just claims more goods and services]

Natalie
09-07-2009, 10:30 AM
fail

angelatc
09-07-2009, 10:32 AM
"Hey, this guy right above me sounds like he's got quite the stick up his bum, doesn't he? "Fellow advocate of the Austrian School of Economics"?? Aside from their great football team, what do they do?"

What?

RM918
09-07-2009, 11:10 AM
And, the inevitable:

"Your father was a member of the Freemasons and both your daughter and wife are members of Masonic organizations; are you a member of any Freemasonic lodges or do you attend any of their meetings?"

tmosley
09-07-2009, 11:20 AM
The questions in the OP are GREAT. They will allow him to totally disprove such foolish ideas in a mainstream media forum.

Also interesting is that all those incredibly misguided questions originate from the Northeast section of the country.

KAYA
09-07-2009, 11:25 AM
Ron Paul needs to hit the talk show and cable news circuits hard to promote the hell out of his book.

zach
09-07-2009, 11:29 AM
"what's libertarian?"

KramerDSP
09-07-2009, 02:02 PM
Here's my take on the 15 best questions out of 80+ thus far. Some are questions I haven't heard asked of him. A lot of those appear to have been asked by folks who are on the fence and really want to support him but have doubts on his position on a key issue that is important to them. It would be beneficial to effectively dispel common myths or mis-perceptions on such issues. But knowing Time, he'll probably get at least one Bruno question.

6 - Don't you think Libertarian policies have limits in light of the recent market failure?

15 - Congressman Paul, Many individuals who advocate a radically free approach in the economic and social spheres have difficulty understanding the libertarian approach to foreign policy. It is one thing to advocate a withdrawal from Afghanistan and Iraq, but quite another to intend for massive reductions in military spending and presence abroad in general, as you do. How do you justify your approach to non-interventionists who simply want their country and their family to be as defensible as possible from dangers abroad?

20 - How would you create more jobs? I mean real jobs that a family of 4 could live on and be able to send 2 kids to college!!!

32 - In the transition from a warfare-welfare state to a truly free society, what are the first steps, and what parts of the transition would be most painful for the average person? (probably the question I like the most)

36 - How can we trust that our "good society" will ensure such desirable outcomes as "no one should ever go bankrupt from getting sick," if the role of the federal government was scaled down (as you propose) to only doing the limited things spelled out by the constitution? How do you respond to those who conflate the role of "a good society," with what you see as the constitutionally restricted, relatively small role of the federal government?

37 - Congressman Paul, How can any candidates that you support in the 2010
elections win, when we all know that voter fraud and rigged computer voting is still around, do you have a plan to stop this and make every vote count ?

47 - As a physician and active politician, what's your secret of staying healthy and maintaining high energy level?

48 - Dr Paul, could you explain the difference between free market capitalism and the kind that you claim we have now, crony capitalism and how this effects each of us?

49 - Which American President in history is the closet to what you want to be? (Correct me if I'm wrong, but he would be closest to Silent Cal, right? Maybe Jefferson too ?)

54 - Article 1 Section 8 Clause 10 of the Constitution gives Congress the power "To define and punish Piracies and Felonies committed on the high Seas, and Offences against the Law of Nations". Genocide is unarguably an offense against the law of nations. Therefore, it seems like at least acknowledging and condemning Genocide are appropriate actions by Congress and within the confines of our constitutional republic. When we know that there is Genocide going on in some part of the world, what should be the appropriate constitutional response of Congress? Moreover, are congressional resolutions that call for the recognition of past crimes against humanity as Genocide, such as the Armenian Genocide in Ottoman Turkey or the Jewish Holocaust in Nazi Germany, constitutional? Please respond in the context of Article 1 Section 8 Clause 10 of the constitution.

62 - There is a very good chance Senator Hutchison will be resigning her Senate post in the next couple of months. Would you consider running in the special election for this seat? Or if not, would you accept an appointment from Rick Perry for the job?

64 - In light of the recent state sovereignty / 10th amendment movement and increasing dissatisfaction with federal power, do you predict that the secession of any states will occur in the near future?

66 - Your critics are of the opinion that a country as large and big as the United States need a big government. why do you still champion your small government campaign? This is the argument given to me the most by my liberal-leaning friends who say the founding fathers never concieved of an America as it is currently constructed

67 - Regarding the healthcare debate, why isn't anyone discussing the AMA cartel and the negative effects and constrained supply that arise when government authorizes licensing for professional doctors? Do you think that government licensing laws should be abolished, and that people should choose doctors based off of private certification, in order to drastically increase the supply of healthcare and reduce costs?

73 - If we brought home our troops and ended the American Empire, reinstating the Constitutional Republic under which we were founded, would the states enjoy a level of sovereignty such that California could have universal health care and a high personal income tax, and a place like Colorado could have no coercive taxation at all? I think the EU is a good example of a confederate model which we should be based off.

He's already answered this question before.

63 - Were you treated fairly by the maistream media during the Presidential primaries? Carl Cameron asks him this question (http://dotsub.com/view/4423f912-ebd3-497b-bc34-39d456f1112e)and he responds here. Cameron gives him a look like he's thinking "Wow, Paul is the real deal". A few months later, Cameron goes on to ask the most loaded question ever, regarding unelectability. This may have been a good thing, though, even though I was furious with Cameron, as YouTube - Ron Paul SC Debate on Electability Question 5 - 01/10/2008 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mffpkCH-PJw) this may have been the best of any answer he gave in the debates.

This one made me laugh :D

46 - Do you trust Time magazine to portray you and your supporters in a favorable light, considering its history of distorting your views and your popularity, and considering its agenda, arising from its ties to globalist organizations like the CFR?

I would like to see this one addressed somehow, but probably not within the Time article.

44 - A conspiracy theory holds that the Federal Reserve was somehow involved in the assassination of JFK to protect its power over monetary policy. How believable do you think that is? (I've read somewhere that the last executive order Kennedy signed is incorrectly interpreted by anti-Fed activists)

KramerDSP
09-07-2009, 02:17 PM
"Hey, this guy right above me sounds like he's got quite the stick up his bum, doesn't he? "Fellow advocate of the Austrian School of Economics"?? Aside from their great football team, what do they do?"

What?

That was hilarious. And to think he or she spent five to ten minutes typing that question up.

Perry
09-07-2009, 02:37 PM
Bump. Need more intelligent questions.