PDA

View Full Version : Where are the Libertarian Lawyers?

PaulaGem
09-07-2009, 10:19 AM
I can't understand why there are no legal professionals trying to help preserve rights on this board.

axiomata
09-07-2009, 10:24 AM
All lawyers are evil.
All libertarians are good.
The intersection of the set of lawyers and the set of libertarians therefore is a null set.

;)

TinCanToNA
09-07-2009, 01:53 PM
Lawyers are probably around 90% very liberal, 5% liberal, and 5% other. That's like asking where are all the honest politicians? Well there's one or two, but over 90% are self-serving liars.

Acala
09-07-2009, 04:06 PM
I'm a libertarian and a lawyer. I was a libertarian BEFORE I was a lawyer.

sratiug
09-07-2009, 05:37 PM
I'm a libertarian and a lawyer. I was a libertarian BEFORE I was a lawyer.

Do you have a title of nobility granted by the state that gives you special super powers to practice law?

Conza88
09-07-2009, 05:52 PM
I can't understand why there are no legal professionals trying to help preserve rights on this board.

YouTube - Lysander Spooner: Libertarian Hero (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1zGyzTPOjg)

Acala
09-07-2009, 05:53 PM
Do you have a title of nobility granted by the state that gives you special super powers to practice law?

Not sure about the nobility part, but I am admitted to practice in a couple of states. The Bar association is a private entity which in the States where I am admitted has been delegated by the Supreme Court the power to control who can represent another person in the state's courts. It is essentially a union and the primary function of a union is to limit competition. By constricting supply, they artificially raise prices for legal services.

I despise the the Bar association. And as I oppose all licensing laws, I oppose the licensing law that benefits me. People should be allowed to freely choose from whom they get legal help.