PDA

View Full Version : My response to Paul basher on drug legalization

acstichter
09-29-2007, 01:24 AM
His original post:

SECOND TIER REPUBLICANS, My Thoughts on the All American Presidents Forum at Morgan State University
Posted by Bob Haran on Friday September 28, 2007 at 8:18 am MDT [ Send to a friend mail this story to a friend! ]

I had the opportunity to watch The All American Presidents Forum at Morgan State University last night on PBS and I came to the conclusion that, yes, the Republicans have two tiers of candidates, the first tier big name candidates; Giuliani, Thompson, Romney and, McCain and the second tier of the best candidates, Alan Keys, Tom Tancredo, Duncan Hunter, Mike Huchabee and Sam Brownback. And of course there is the Libertarian in GOP clothing, one man tier of Ron Paul.

The first tier no show candidates disgraced the party of Lincoln. Not showing up was equivalent to giving the finger to Americans of African ancestry who have been a part of this country since the days of the Jamestown settlement in 1619.

On the positive side however, we did learn that what the media has been calling the second tier candidates are actually the best candidates the GOP has, and they were terrific. Hard to say who won the debate. Alan Keys is by far the most articulate public speaker and it truly does show the racism of the media when they treat him as the candidate with no hope of getting elected. I think if Keys were white they would consider him a very serious candidate. I believe that if Alan Keys were elected president, if America could get over the race thing, he would be an American Winston Churchill and one of America's greatest presidents. It's too bad that the American people still allow race to cloud their judgement of people.

Tom Tancredo, thou not nearly as good a speaker as Keys, scored some excellent points, especially on immigration and so did Duncan Hunter.

Mike Huchabee, thou kind off bland, toke all the right positions on the issues.

Sam Brownback was also good on the issues but boring. You could imagine the audience falling asleep if he gave a long inaugural address.

Ron Paul showed that he is a slave to his Libertarian ideology and, in the wrong party, when he advocated the legalization of drugs.

With the exception of Ron Paul, I could enthusiastically support any of the so called second tier Republican candidates for president, therefore, I guess that makes me a second tier Republican.

With the first tier candidates the Republicans have to decide who is the lesser evil of the four. With the second tier candidates the decision is harder because it is, who is the best of the best.

BOB HARAN, Second Tier Republican, Phoenix, AZ

My Response:

QUOTE: "Alan Keys is by far the most articulate public speaker and it truly does show the racism of the media when they treat him as the candidate with no hope of getting elected. I think if Keys were white they would consider him a very serious candidate."

So, Obama is black and he gets tons of respect and is considered a serious contender. Actually, Obama beat Keyes pretty bad in IL. Maybe that is considered in determining his level of contention (plus previous presidential bid(s) failed).

I found that a candidate has to prove some support from the people or the "machine" before the media will treat them as a contender.

I agree with your general impressions of the 2nd tier. Tancredo would be my second favorite, with Ron Paul first.

Is the only reason you dislike the 1st tier because they didn't show up? I don't think it was personal (to the black community). They also didn't show up for the family values debate. Keyes said it was because they were afraid of him. I think that is wrong (and makes me question his credibility). It is because they are afraid of the issues. They prefer a much more superficial ceremony to push a few vapid talking points and then get talked up big time by the analysts in the post debate wrap up.

QUOTE: "Ron Paul showed that he is a slave to his Libertarian ideology and, in the wrong party, when he advocated the legalization of drugs."

I completely disagree with the above quote. Ron Paul disagrees with the Libertarian ideology on abortion and immigration. I think he's shown he's not a slave to anything except moral values and the rule of law.

Regarding your disqualifying Ron Paul because of his opinion of legalizing drugs, does this mean you think the government should control what we put in our own bodies? Would you be willing to admit that prescription drugs can be more dangerous than many illegal drugs? Do you support making any prescription drug that could be harmful if abused illegal? What else do you want the government to control for you in regards to our own bodies? What about healthcare? Do you want to make it illegal to not see a doctor like a democrat candidate suggested? What about having kids? Should that be regulated? These are our bodies and lives, right? And is the drug war even working? Let's see, do you think it is easier for an 18 year old to get Pot, Exstacy, Meth or to get Oxycontin, Valium. I bet you an 18 year old can find the first three at an apartment complex in under an hour but it could take a few days or week (if not in home med cabinet) to get the prescriptions. Plus, illegal drugs are keeping the terrorists funded, the gang leaders and mob guys rich and the poor youth tempted.

Perhaps Ron Paul's opinion on EDUCATION (close DOE, give teaching rights to states and parents), TAXES (cut waste, size of govt, eliminate IRS & personal income tax), SOVEREIGNTY (No to UN and NAU), BORDER PROTECTION (bring boys home from Iraq, Germany, Korea and put on border) could convince you he is in the right party and earn your vote.

Watch Ron Paul earn $1,000,000 in 7 days at www.ronpaul2008.com

krott5333
09-29-2007, 01:31 AM
some people are so clueless

saku39
09-29-2007, 01:40 AM
It just a matter of education and available information.

I get the feeling that the people that really don't get him are relying on MSM outlets for unbiased information.

Most people that support Ron Paul tend to be more internet savvy. The fact that you can go and read essays he's published, speeches he's given or check his voting record is a huge reason he's gotten this far.

robatsu
09-29-2007, 01:46 AM
Keyes is an obvious joker/uncle tom doing the quisling thing. In any population numbered int the millions, you will find someone in the extrema. Alan Keyes has found a paying gig as a black neocon in the crucible of American racial politics.

fourameuphoria
09-29-2007, 12:01 PM
If anyone wants to have fun talking to people who think non-violent marijuana posession merits jailtime, there's plenty of that going on here:

Usually I don't go around starting drug legalization arguments, but since the blogger called Ron Paul supporters druggies who wanted it legalized, about *five times*, I figured it was time to step in.

http://mariestwocents.blogspot.com/2007/09/ron-paul-supporters-threaten-to-throw.html#comments

So far, their talking points make 'Reefer Madness' look credible.

dircha
09-29-2007, 12:30 PM
It's real simple for me.

Which would you rather live in, 1) a society where people take drugs (illegal narcotics) and routinely murder and rob others to acquire and profit from them, or 2) a society where people take the same drugs, but bought cheaply from a clerk at the neighborhood pharmacy?

Given the failure of the War on Drugs, these are our only options.

trispear
09-29-2007, 12:45 PM
I have heard that Keyes is a good speaker for years now, but I have heard him at the debate and on several different places on Youtube and I don't know where this adulation comes from.

Is it simply being parroted? I thought he was boring and uninspiring myself, with a voice that is pitched too high and overall invokes a nerdy image such as Steve Urkel.