PDA

View Full Version : Video: Senator Stuart Smalley vs. Tea Party Citizens

clb09
09-05-2009, 12:21 PM
YouTube - Franken Talks Down Angry Mob (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCNs7Zpqo98&feature=topvideos)

Dianne
09-05-2009, 12:29 PM
OMG, I never realized he was such a bullshit windbag..

silverhandorder
09-05-2009, 12:58 PM
I like this guy at the very least he is facing his constituents. I wonder how he would answer to our version of reform. Doing away with the unsustainable insurance model that covers all sickness.

angelatc
09-05-2009, 01:35 PM
OMG, I never realized he was such a bullshit windbag..

John Stossel lives (or lived) next door to him, and was surprised at how absolutely nasty and mean he is.

He mentioned that in the on-line chat he did a couple of months back.

BenIsForRon
09-05-2009, 01:44 PM
He wasn't making a terrible argument. He believes this plan will save money in the long run, which it could if it gives preventative care to poor people. However, he's lying to himself if he thinks a 1300 page bill is going to be cost effective.

ItsTime
09-05-2009, 02:32 PM
He makes a great argument at the end for why the feds should STAY OUT!

He says that his state and others have it right. Well thats great! But he wants the government to change the other state laws, NOT HIS. He is a typical democrat. "What is mine and what is yours is mine"

angelatc
09-05-2009, 03:04 PM
He wasn't making a terrible argument. He believes this plan will save money in the long run, which it could if it gives preventative care to poor people. However, he's lying to himself if he thinks a 1300 page bill is going to be cost effective.

He is indeed making a terrible argument. He's making a fallacious argument. The CBO has said that this will not save any money in the long run, and no study has ever proved that preventative care reduces medical costs.