PDA

View Full Version : Lawmakers voting more then once- Unbelievable!!!

Cindy
09-28-2007, 10:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eG6X-xtVask

Ya have to watch these hypocrites in action.

RP4ME
09-28-2007, 11:05 PM
did you find that from Solari?

Cindy
09-28-2007, 11:08 PM
did you find that from Solari?

No, it was just posted at another forum I go too. What's solari?

RP4ME
09-28-2007, 11:10 PM
No, it was just posted at another forum I go too. What's solari?

I found it there www.solari.com in the blog section! :o)
This was hysterical they are all liars and cheats - they looked like naughty little mice sneaking cheese!

0zzy
09-28-2007, 11:11 PM
Digg had it.

Cindy
09-28-2007, 11:18 PM
I found it there www.solari.com they looked like naughty little mice sneaking cheese!

lol

steph3n
09-28-2007, 11:18 PM
I showed this to my dad, this is incredibly bad, we have in the state of TX house about 20 people voting for everyone! Like a slap jack game

Digg had it.

Perry
09-28-2007, 11:33 PM
Repugnant.

nexalacer
09-28-2007, 11:47 PM
WTF?! How do Texans allow this to continue?! This video was posted 4 months ago!

steph3n
09-28-2007, 11:53 PM
I just say it today, had not seen it before.

As a Texan I am repulsed and will be seeking remedy, be it impeachment or whatever means, the rules must be enforced and this is downright criminal(maybe not LEGALLY, but certainly ethically criminal)

TheIndependent
09-29-2007, 12:16 AM
It's been all over online media lately. Perhaps some of the Texans should write their state legislators and demand their hides.

NoxTwilight
09-29-2007, 12:32 AM
I saw this today as well and sadly I was not surprised and frankly I WOULD be surprised to learn that its isolated. Much more likely to be happening in every state to some degree at least.

Also not surprised that it hasn't been made much of - obviously the general population have show that it's ok with us that the government, local, state and fed, can do what the hell it wants, few of us protest and try to stop it and those that have the power and could, don't.

Sick

TheIndependent
09-29-2007, 12:39 AM
Perhaps there should be a "Make a Visit to Your State Legislature Day" amongst Ron Paul supporters? That would just about cover all 50 states, so long as they hit it on a day where votes are occurring.

Someone has to watch the watchmen...

richard1984
09-29-2007, 12:44 AM
That's so disgusting.... :mad:

Can we put them all in jail?!

The good news is that Americans are becoming more politically involved (or at least Ron Paul supporters are!). So maybe stuff like this will become less and less prevalent.

ForLibertyFight
09-29-2007, 12:53 AM
Looks kind of fun lol

CurtisLow
09-29-2007, 02:18 PM
It's BS! Put them in jail!

steph3n
09-29-2007, 02:22 PM
Can we get this topic sticky? Everyone needs to see this madness.

TheEvilDetector
09-29-2007, 02:51 PM
It's BS! Put them in jail!

We want to spread democracy to Iraq while we don't even have a working one at home. LOL

Also selling WMDs to Iraq, then going to war to find them.

Also building up Al-Qaeda network, then going to war against them.

Also arming Iraq against Iran couple of decades ago which costs 100,000s of Iranian lives and now complaining that Iran is arming Iraqi insurgents (without proof mind you).

Can the situation get any more ridiculous I ask you?

Unites States of Hypocrisy, thanks to George Bush and Co.

There is method to their madness however.

The method is to find any enemy to justify the existence of a bloated military industrial complex.

Nefertiti
09-30-2007, 05:04 AM
This is very worrisome. Ron Paul wants to give more power to these goons. Now I am starting to understand a bit why my mother is opposed to Paul's idea of handing power over to the states, because she thinks states are no good at handling things.

MsDoodahs
09-30-2007, 05:48 AM
WTF?! How do Texans allow this to continue?! This video was posted 4 months ago!

I didn't know anything about it.

I doubt many do.

BizmanUSA
09-30-2007, 06:13 AM
and We all thought the Debold Voting Machine issue is a problem . . . YIKES! :rolleyes:

OMG . . . Isn't anyone going to do something about this ?

I wonder if this is happening in Washington, D.C. ? :eek:

If the Texas House of Reps won't do anything serious about this then the Citizens of Texas MUST STAND UP and vote these Bums/Cheats out of office. This goes for any ELECTED voting body of government! :mad:

As they say "That'll learn 'em a lesson" ;)

BizmanUSA

MsDoodahs
09-30-2007, 08:04 AM
I have not watched the video yet.

I have a question. Would you guys recommend showing this at the next GOP Club meeting?

Or would it be way too much for them to handle, therefore turning them off to Dr. Paul (as I'm a newcomer to their group and a Paul supporter)?

Thoughts?

nexalacer
09-30-2007, 08:08 AM

I have a question. Would you guys recommend showing this at the next GOP Club meeting?

Or would it be way too much for them to handle, therefore turning them off to Dr. Paul (as I'm a newcomer to their group and a Paul supporter)?

Thoughts?

I think anyone who is interested in politics will want to see this. I can't see it having a bad reaction. It's really really shady stuff.

LibertyBelle
09-30-2007, 08:21 AM
This is very worrisome. Ron Paul wants to give more power to these goons. Now I am starting to understand a bit why my mother is opposed to Paul's idea of handing power over to the states, because she thinks states are no good at handling things.

Has she paid attention to the way Congress handles things? :eek: They're horrible, and most pander to special interest groups. The farther away the 'handling' the worse it will be. People running the state legislatures are just people like the people in Congress. We have more power in changing things at the local and state level then at the federal level. I would much rather give the power back to the states, but at the same time get more and more RP types elected and more people involved in politics.

Is someone from TX going to email this to the TX meetup groups? A way to get things rolling....

nexalacer
09-30-2007, 08:23 AM

And the fed is better? Honestly, this kind of shit is why I'm an anarchist, but as long as we can't flip the anarchism switch, we might as well be as local as possible... at least local criminals have to look you in the face everyday.

inibo
09-30-2007, 09:06 AM
Why not send a nice polite message to Tom Craddick, the Speaker of the House?

http://www.house.state.tx.us/members/email.php?dist=82&rep=tom.craddick

I did.

Mr. Speaker,

I understand you are responsible for enforcing the House Rules and Procedures that call for the discipling of representatives who vote for others.

Perhaps you will ignore me because I am not from Texas, but I am sure some of the 215,587 who have viewed this video are from Texas. Those of us who are in a different state are simply disgusted. Those who are in Texas vote.

Is this what our troops in Iraq are dying to protect?

angelatc
09-30-2007, 09:23 AM
It's been all over online media lately. Perhaps some of the Texans should write their state legislators and demand their hides.

Somebody in the comments suggested that the Texans should contact the FBI and report it. I'm from Chicago, and they investigate government corruption here all the time, so it doesn't seem out of line that they would investigate that too.

angelatc
09-30-2007, 09:25 AM

Thoughts?

You're talking to the choir. Perhaps finding a coworker to do a test screening with might be a better idea.

MsDoodahs
09-30-2007, 09:49 AM
Sent this email to the speaker:

"I am sure you are aware of the shameful behavior of Texas House Members caught on tape voting for other members.

I was blissfully unaware of it. Until today.

I'm aware of it now.

It helped me pinpoint the source of the foul smell that emanates from Austin.

My question to you is this:

What are you DOING about it?

I look forward to your prompt response."

---

Should I email or call my own state rep?

I know one of the assistants, so I'm not sure if a phone call or an email would be best.

Advice?

EvilEngineer
09-30-2007, 10:02 AM
I think we need to put some things in perspective. One, the congress of Texas is PART-TIME. This is not their full time job and must maintain a business / work outside of their time in congress. Being on the congress only pays $600 a month, and we get what we pay for...