PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul took my beer money!

libertarian4321
09-28-2007, 10:20 PM
Okay, this donation wasn't much, but every bit helps.

I saved $10 by serving "Red Dog" beer (on sale) instead of Shiner at poker night. Ron Paul is the beneficiary of that savings (my friends will get over it someday, I hope).

BTW, I noticed my name didn't pop up under "recent donor"- is that because my donation was too small- does it only work for $100 donations or something (I never looked on previous donations)?

Thank you very much for your lame donation of $10.00 to the Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign.

Your confirmation number:
T41912-93321713

Shiranu
09-28-2007, 10:21 PM
lol, who knows, I guess its just not enough to make the system pop it in. Maybe because when they are having huge donation streaks, they only want the bigger hitters to be seen?

Edit: And I think any money is pretty cool, Im about 287 dollars in debt, and I managed to scrounge up 50 dollars that I was going to buy music cds with, and spent it on RP instead :D

libertarian4321
09-28-2007, 10:27 PM
Anyone want to buy my dog?

I've got 3, so I can sell the most annoying one and donate the proceeds to Ron.

surf
09-28-2007, 10:30 PM
He took your friends' beer money!

You did try to talk them into 5% or 10% of each pot going to the campaign, didn't you? Maybe just have a partial ante for Ron each hand...

If they're like some of my friends, that wouldn't go over so well

G-khan
09-28-2007, 10:30 PM
Anyone want to buy my dog?

I've got 3, so I can sell the most annoying one and donate the proceeds to Ron.

How much for the wife and is she good looking?

libertarian4321
09-28-2007, 10:49 PM
He took your friends' beer money!

You did try to talk them into 5% or 10% of each pot going to the campaign, didn't you? Maybe just have a partial ante for Ron each hand...

If they're like some of my friends, that wouldn't go over so well

They aren't Ron Paul friendly- they like Fred, because "he's a real conservative who will bring Christian values back to America" (yeah, whatever- Christian values like war and killing).

Slugg
09-28-2007, 10:52 PM
They aren't Ron Paul friendly- they like Fred, because "he's a real conservative who will bring Christian values back to America" (yeah, whatever- Christian values like war and killing).

Or abortion lobbying. Because abortion is okay if you're getting paid. :rolleyes:

Lord Xar
09-28-2007, 11:05 PM
I gave 50 and my name showed... I'd keep checking, I am sure your name showed.. but it ONLY showes a certain number times...

I think it repeats the last '5' or something like that.. and when someone new comes in.. the last drops off.

krott5333
09-28-2007, 11:22 PM
yeah I think the min is $25 to get your name popped up.

I donated $12 the other day and I didn't see my name, so when I got paid on Thursday I had to donate $25 cuz I wanted to see my damn name up there!