PDA

View Full Version : Do you Support,,, Really.

pcosmar
09-04-2009, 11:59 AM
Do you support the 2nd amendment?
I mean really. Not just lip service.

Do you ? Do you support public Open Carry? Or do support the Militia?
Do you marginalize those that actively train in military tactics, or do you support them?

"Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the people's liberty's teeth."

I have tried not to be a "one issue poster" But in my mind there is none more important, and it was what brought me to Ron Paul and to Liberty Forest.

You see I am disarmed. It can happen to you too.
Stand up.

These got me pissed
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=207984
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=208736
This should have more views
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=208698

JK/SEA
09-04-2009, 12:02 PM
yes.

Kotin
09-04-2009, 12:03 PM
with every word and breath.

stag15
09-04-2009, 12:04 PM
As long as they respect my rights I respect theirs.

erowe1
09-04-2009, 12:06 PM
Do you support the 2nd amendment?
I mean really. Not just lip service.

Do you ? Do you support public Open Carry? Or do support the Militia?
Do you marginalize those that actively train in military tactics, or do you support them?

I have tried not to be a "one issue poster" But in my mind there is none more important, and it was what brought me to Ron Paul and to Liberty Forest.

You see I am disarmed. It can happen to you too.
Stand up.

I definitely think the right to bear arms is right up there close to the top. And I disagree with your quote. The right to bear arms is far more important than the Constitution itself is. I don't see how anyone could think otherwise. I'm not a gun owner. But I often consider becoming one (my wife hates the idea). And those who practice open carry and belong to militias have my full moral support. I definitely don't marginalize them.

Do I put the right to bear arms at the very top? Probably not, but it's close. I'd probably say the right that needs to come first is the right to secede from the government.

dannno
09-04-2009, 12:07 PM
Gun restriction only helps criminals.

ScoutsHonor
09-04-2009, 12:18 PM
Yes!

acptulsa
09-04-2009, 12:21 PM
Damned straight I do. Doesn't mean I'm bringing a Browning Automatic Rifle to an antiwar protest, though.

erowe1
09-04-2009, 12:26 PM
Damned straight I do. Doesn't mean I'm bringing a Browning Automatic Rifle to an antiwar protest, though.

I can't blame you for not doing that, since I don't either. But I hope you don't mean this as any kind of a slight against someone who would. After all, it would be most appropriate, since it would serve as a reminder that our national defense properly belongs primarily in the hands of the citizenry and not the government.

acptulsa
09-04-2009, 12:30 PM
I can't blame you for not doing that, since I don't either. But I hope you don't mean this as any kind of a slight against someone who would. After all, it would be most appropriate, since it would serve as a reminder that our national defense properly belongs primarily in the hands of the citizenry and not the government.

True. But making that point with a sign would not only be much, much more clear, it would be much easier on your spine...

Deborah K
09-04-2009, 12:37 PM
Anyone can claim they have rights. They can demand it! I have rights!!! But, what happens to your rights when there is a gun to your head? Rights come from power. Without power, there are no rights.

The 2nd amendment gives us the power to protect our rights. If you are holding a gun in your hand, what are the chances of someone holding one to your head?

pcosmar
09-04-2009, 12:41 PM
True. But making that point with a sign would not only be much, much more clear, it would be much easier on your spine...

Apparently NOT.
There are lots of signs and they get little attention and no response.
One gun, carried responsibly and lawfully was enough to get their attention.
But thus far it has not deterred them, Perhaps a thousand rifles would make the point clearly.
10,000 rifles would be hard to ignore.

erowe1
09-04-2009, 12:46 PM
Apparently NOT.
There are lots of signs and they get little attention and no response.
One gun, carried responsibly and lawfully was enough to get their attention.
But thus far it has not deterred them, Perhaps a thousand rifles would make the point clearly.
10,000 rifles would be hard to ignore.

I agree. If the other side is able to marginalize Obama's opponents by calling attention to what Kostric did as something out of the ordinary, then the best way to neutralize that is by having a great many more people do the same thing so that it becomes normal.

amy31416
09-04-2009, 12:58 PM
I wholeheartedly support the 2nd.

lx43
09-04-2009, 01:06 PM
Anyone can claim they have rights. They can demand it! I have rights!!! But, what happens to your rights when there is a gun to your head? Rights come from power. Without power, there are no rights.

The 2nd amendment gives us the power to protect our rights. If you are holding a gun in your hand, what are the chances of someone holding one to your head?

Amen Deborah, the right to bear arms is the most important natural right you have. The right to protect yourself from tyrannical govt.

Elwar
09-04-2009, 01:15 PM
Every home on the coast should have an anti-aircraft capability.

Pericles
09-04-2009, 01:19 PM
Maybe the founders knew what they were doing. Having by the grace of God, created a new country, they realized it was "a near run thing" and put in place the best possible mechanism to do it again, if required,

Freedom of speech and press provide the ability of the citizens to communicate, freedom of assembly and secure in persons and places, the ability to organize, and RKBA and the militia the ability to enforce the decision of the citizens.

acptulsa
09-04-2009, 01:22 PM
Maybe the founders knew what they were doing. Having by the grace of God, created a new country, they realized it was "a near run thing" and put in place the best possible mechanism to do it again, if required,

Freedom of speech and press provide the ability of the citizens to communicate, freedom of assembly and secure in persons and places, the ability to organize, and RKBA and the militia the ability to enforce the decision of the citizens.

The ultimate balance. The ultimate check.

But no, I don't reserve the adjective 'ultimate' for the Second Amendment alone. I, for one, buy into the theory that the pen is indeed mightier than the sword.

Of course, the gun is mightier than the sword, too. Likewise, however, the 'net is far, far mightier than the pen. So, it works out.

pcosmar
09-04-2009, 01:23 PM
yes.

Yes!

I wholeheartedly support the 2nd.

Then it should be no problem supporting these guys.

Senate Subcommittee on Terrorism - Militia in the US - 6/15/1995 (1 of 2) (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-9043102260805967440&ei=OmihSunuA576rAKV_6HtBA&hl=en#)

We should all be supportive of the Militia.
I am a friend of the Militia.

Theocrat
09-04-2009, 01:30 PM
Not only do I support gun ownership rights, I also believe guns have a right to exist, and they do not have a right to remain silent. :D

kahless
09-04-2009, 01:33 PM
I have been reviewing my state of NY guns laws and my head is spinning not knowing if I will be breaking the law with what I want to purchase. I finally gave up since it is not worth the risk of doing time for making a purchasing mistake.

It is not just guns it is every aspect of my life trying to do something government is alway the obstacle as well taking too much of my time with aggravation, documentation and research.

I have really had enough of government, so my answer is clearly yes.

acptulsa
09-04-2009, 01:33 PM

Rode a bicycle dozens of miles in the noonday sun just because I thought I had a way to convince a county sheriff he should consider militias his friend and ally. RPH can vouch for that, too.

amy31416
09-04-2009, 01:34 PM

Nope. Not a problem at all.

That's a great video for anyone who hasn't seen it, I think there are also about 4-5 more parts to it as well.