PDA

View Full Version : The Onion can't hold a candle to these guys

InterestedParticipant
09-04-2009, 08:59 AM
Not only are these guys better, they also include quite an astonishing amount of truth in their work....

YouTube - US TROOPS HARVEST H OPIUM IN AFGHANISTAN (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KSk8yhCPzs)

"An independent press does not exist in America except perhaps in small country towns; journalists know it and I know it; not one of them dares to express a sincere opinion; if they do so, they know beforehand that it will never be printed. I am paid 150 dollars monthly in order that I should not put my ideas in the newspaper for which I write and that I should keep them to myself. Others are paid similar salaries for a similar service. If I succeeded in having my opinions published in a single issue of my newspaper, I should lose my post in twenty-four hours. The man who would be insane enough to give frank expression to his thoughts would soon find himself in the streets on the look-out for another occupation. It is the duty of New York journalists to lie, to threaten, to bow down to the feet of Mammon, and to sell their country and their race for their salary, that is to say, for their daily bread. We are the tools and the vassals of the rich who keep in the background; we are puppets; they pull the strings and we dance. Our time, our talent, our life, our abilities, all are the property of these men. We are intellectual prostitutes."

-- John Swinton, former chief of staff for the New York Times...

When asked in 1953 to give a simple toast before the New York Press Club, stunned a roomful of admiring peers into total silence with the preceding remarks (as reported in the January, 1993 issue of The National Educator, and also quoted in the book "Pure Sociology" by Professor Lester T. Ward)

ScoutsHonor
09-04-2009, 09:10 AM
Ahhhh..., the sweet smell of truth...:)

Pod
09-04-2009, 09:26 AM
Absolutely great. Didn`t like the slight atheist-Alex Jones spin, but stil absolutely great.

Is there more of these clips?

expendibleater
09-04-2009, 09:53 AM
Absolutely great. Didn`t like the slight atheist-Alex Jones spin, but stil absolutely great.

Is there more of these clips?

Try http://fknnewz.com/