PDA

View Full Version : That pilot featured in the debate last night

Corydoras
09-28-2007, 09:28 PM
People remarked that after the debate, she went over to talk to RP.
Turns out she has decided to campaign for him.

Sorry, I don't have a link. I heard this from someone in the official campaign.

G-khan
09-28-2007, 09:29 PM
That is sweet.................... oh ya!:)

micahnelson
09-28-2007, 09:30 PM
Another phony soldier

Marshall
09-28-2007, 09:31 PM
Posted on the Lew Rockwell Blog:

Not Crazy!
Posted by Lew Rockwell at 09:24 PM

Writes debate observer Adam Kuehner: "Am I crazy, or did I just see the first female black combat pilot in U.S. military history cheering for Ron Paul?"

paulitics
09-28-2007, 09:32 PM
wow. Tell Hannity about that one, or does he not support the troops? Just another phony soldier.

ctb619
09-28-2007, 09:32 PM
Didn't Lew Moore say something about this on Ron Paul Radio last night?

OptionsTrader
09-28-2007, 09:34 PM
Posted on the Lew Rockwell Blog:

Not Crazy!
Posted by Lew Rockwell at 09:24 PM

Writes debate observer Adam Kuehner: "Am I crazy, or did I just see the first female black combat pilot in U.S. military history cheering for Ron Paul?"

A video with her and Liv would be priceless...

Lord Xar
09-28-2007, 09:34 PM
wow, she could have a great impact!

I hope they partner with her in a wise way.... and not let this opportunity slide.

cac1963
09-28-2007, 09:37 PM
This is the kinda thing I'd love to flaunt over at the koskids' site. Wish we had something concrete to share with them.

transistor
09-28-2007, 09:39 PM
is she an iraq veteran?

Marshall
09-28-2007, 09:39 PM
A video with her and Liv would be priceless...

Unfortunately, I have nothing of the sort. I just read the LR blog and relayed it.

Marshall
09-28-2007, 09:40 PM
is she an iraq veteran?

Yeah, she did two tours in Iraq.

steph3n
09-28-2007, 09:42 PM
I'd like to see some info on her site:
http://www.vernicearmour.com/

But she is a professional motivational teacher and life coach now, she may have contractual obligations to premier and not able to post anything that(sadly life is that way sometimes!)

RobotJaxxon
09-28-2007, 09:43 PM
Just wanted to verify, both Ron and Carol Paul confirmed this tonight at a private function.

Marshall
09-28-2007, 09:44 PM
Well... I had some respect for her before she declared herself a 'life coach'.

thomaspaine23
09-28-2007, 09:45 PM
This is the kinda thing I'd love to flaunt over at the koskids' site. Wish we had something concrete to share with them.

any idea how far into presentation she was? I'm watching the video on pbs.org right now

Stealth4
09-28-2007, 09:46 PM
Just wanted to verify, both Ron and Carol Paul confirmed this tonight at a private function.

!!The event in MA?

anything you can share?

I also take PM's :)

Lord Xar
09-28-2007, 09:46 PM

yeah.. how did that go?

reduen
09-28-2007, 09:47 PM
Why is this not all over the news?????? What the crap is the campaign doing ? Come on.....

mrchubbs
09-28-2007, 09:53 PM
any idea how far into presentation she was? I'm watching the video on pbs.org right now

Just jump to the Iraq question.

Watching it now. She is introduced prior to the question.

itsnobody
The military loves Ron Paul

purepaloma
Yeah, talk about BIG NEWS........especially considering that she has a picture with Obama on her site !

Stealth4
09-28-2007, 09:54 PM
Yeah, talk about BIG NEWS........especially considering that she has a picture with Obama on her site !

hmmm...so is she for paul or not?

mrchubbs
09-28-2007, 09:54 PM
Here is a youtube video of an appearance by her on CNN...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjPuTH84TZE

If she is willing to publically endorse RP it could be huge.

Question_Authority
09-28-2007, 09:58 PM
Why is this not all over the news?????? What the crap is the campaign doing ? Come on.....

Sometimes I find myself frustrated with the way the campaign is being managed. Never frustrated with Ron Paul, but just campaign management. So, I hear ya.

Question_Authority
09-28-2007, 10:02 PM
First, she is pictured with Obama on the home page of her web site. Weird. And Oprah is supporting Obama as well.

That aside, I think some of us should consider emailing her, and letting her know we saw her on the debate and how much we admire her, etc. Then ask her to support Ron Paul. Nonchalantly. Do not want to overwhelm her. If she is serious about supporting him, I am sure she will write back. I am going to do it.

Marshall
09-28-2007, 10:04 PM

Because Jesus hates Ron Paul for not making the middle east safe for his second coming. DUH!

kalami
09-28-2007, 10:05 PM
"people remarked" I know that you said you had nothing concrete and you were right.

Is she still active duty? Aren't there policies in place for the military that says you can't endorse, let alone campaign, for a politician?

reduen
09-28-2007, 10:05 PM
This must just be a lie. I can not believe that this would be true and not shouted from the highest mountains...

reduen
09-28-2007, 10:07 PM
Because Jesus hates Ron Paul for not making the middle east safe for his second coming. DUH!

Please do not make this a religous thing. I am a Christian and I do not believe that Jesus would approve of any war....

steph3n
09-28-2007, 10:07 PM
no, see her website posted above, she is retired marine corp now.

"people remarked" I know that you said you had nothing concrete and you were right.

Is she still active duty? Aren't there policies in place for the military that says you can't endorse, let alone campaign, for a politician?

awigo50
09-28-2007, 10:09 PM
Could just be that she supports his opinion, might vote for him, and hey, doesn't want to make a big deal about it either. We need to be considerate about it. Some people aren't as excited. Just sorta mildly excited. ya know?

hard@work
09-28-2007, 10:10 PM
This must just be a lie. I can not believe that this would be true and not shouted from the highest mountains...

Wait till you find out what else is true then. Luck with that process. It's a doozy.

;)

Stealth4
Sometimes I find myself frustrated with the way the campaign is being managed. Never frustrated with Ron Paul, but just campaign management. So, I hear ya.

perhaps, but also perhaps they have things to work out first.

stevedasbach
Folks, the debate was last night. Give them a chance to figure out how best to use this, consistent with what she is willing to do.

reduen
09-28-2007, 10:13 PM
Wait till you find out what else is true then. Luck with that process. It's a doozy.

;)

Sorry my fellow patriot, I do not get your post. Don't worry though, it is probably me, I am totally wiped from getting smeared on the football field tonight...;)

LibertyEagle
09-28-2007, 10:41 PM
]]

RobotJaxxon
09-28-2007, 10:43 PM
!!The event in MA?

anything you can share?

I also take PM's :)

Here's my summary:

Ron Paul is a great man. I was in awe the whole evening, kinda like I was in a dream that I still haven't woken up from.

Carol, his wife, is an amazingly sweet lady, very friendly and talkative. Seems to speak her mind in a very kind sort of way. She'll be a fun first lady!

Ron Paul supporters are a friendly crowd (there were about 25 people). I got to meet some very active meetup.com people and the owner of www.dailypaul.com.

Ron Paul said he expects to get a lot of media coverage from the release of the 3rd quarter fundraising numbers.

It was worth $1000 to get to spend the evening with the only living politician I would consider a personal hero.

G-khan
09-28-2007, 10:49 PM
The campaign should hire her to have a motivational talk before an RP rally - or we should hire her ourselves. I would help pay for this and I am getting so broke!

http://www.vernicearmour.com/contact.htm

Chester Copperpot
09-28-2007, 10:50 PM
People remarked that after the debate, she went over to talk to RP.
Turns out she has decided to campaign for him.

Sorry, I don't have a link. I heard this from someone in the official campaign.

I knew I saw her clapping for him.. thats great!

RON PAUL FUCKING RULES!!

Chester Copperpot
09-28-2007, 10:51 PM
wow. Tell Hannity about that one, or does he not support the troops? Just another phony soldier.

Hannity wont say shit .. he'll be too chicken shit that people will say hes racist and/or sexist. HAHHA

LibertyEagle
09-28-2007, 10:51 PM
Yeah, but that will make it even more fun.

mrchubbs
09-28-2007, 10:52 PM
Assuming this is true... maybe DJLoti and company can request an interview for Ron Paul Radio???

Chester Copperpot
09-28-2007, 10:53 PM
Here is a youtube video of an appearance by her on CNN...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjPuTH84TZE

If she is willing to publically endorse RP it could be huge.

Thats great and shes from Memphis, Tennesee. .fuck fred thompson

G-khan
09-28-2007, 10:58 PM
We need her to do a speaking gig for Ron Paul and youtube it - it would be huge! It would be a great lead for Ron Paul on one of his rally's.

ButchHowdy
09-28-2007, 11:03 PM
Please do not make this a religous thing. I am a Christian and I do not believe that Jesus would approve of any war....

It's Brilliant Satire . . . Relax!

remaxjon
09-28-2007, 11:05 PM
Thats great and shes from Memphis, Tennesee. .fuck fred thompson

If the good doctor can get a decent number from African American voters the south is in play!

V4Vendetta
09-28-2007, 11:13 PM
wow thats great maybe she can tell oprah to change her endorsement to Ron Paul

LibertyEagle
09-28-2007, 11:20 PM
If this is true, I certainly hope the campaign plans to ask her to be in a campaign advertisement. That would be astounding. :)

LibertyEagle
09-28-2007, 11:22 PM
this is great, she black, shes a soldier, shes a woman, she got it all.

She's more than just a soldier. She's the first African-American female combat pilot in U.S. history! That's remarkable. And a Marine to boot. :)

reduen
09-28-2007, 11:28 PM
It's Brilliant Satire . . . Relax!

There is nothing "brilliant" about this comment. You Relax....

richard1984
09-28-2007, 11:43 PM
There is nothing "brilliant" about this comment. You Relax....

But he was just being sarcastic when he said:

It's a joke. And because of that it's funny!

richard1984
09-28-2007, 11:45 PM
If this is true, I certainly hope the campaign plans to ask her to be in a campaign advertisement. That would be astounding. :)

I think a high profile commercial or something like that would be incredible!!!

But anything that will get media attention is great.

Lady Liberty
09-29-2007, 12:26 AM
She's more than just a soldier. She's the first African-American female combat pilot in U.S. history! That's remarkable. And a Marine to boot. :)

She looked pretty young...did someone say she was retired? She must have some interesting perspective on the issues with what she's experienced overseas, can't wait to hear more of her story and why she chose to campaign for Paul. What a strong message to send to her fellow men and women in uniform!

steph3n
09-29-2007, 12:31 AM
With her departure out of the Marine Corps in June 2007, Vernice continues to pursue her passions as an author, professional speaker, and trainer; addressing professional organizations, businesses, and schools, emphasizing leadership, pursuing your passion in life, education, and taking positive steps to reach goals.

You don't actually retire that young but left active duty, likely to readyreserve.

She looked pretty young...did someone say she was retired? She must have some interesting perspective on the issues with what she's experienced overseas, can't wait to hear more of her story and why she chose to campaign for Paul. What a strong message to send to her fellow men and women in uniform!

robatsu
09-29-2007, 12:36 AM
She's more than just a soldier. She's the first African-American female combat pilot in U.S. history! That's remarkable.

Why is that remarkable, unless you think that it is remarkable for blacks to do something that whites do, if not routinely, certainly in ways considered unremarkable.

Paulitician
09-29-2007, 12:41 AM
It's not remarkable in itself, but it is somewhat remarkable she's campaigning for Ron Paul. w00t

Richandler
09-29-2007, 12:49 AM
It really is sad that the debate itself hardly even made the news. Mostly what I saw today was: look McCain has a new add. Watch it!

hard@work
09-29-2007, 12:54 AM
If she literally campaigned for Ron Paul - you have no idea how huge that could be.

:)

Lady Liberty
09-29-2007, 12:58 AM
Why is that remarkable, unless you think that it is remarkable for blacks to do something that whites do, if not routinely, certainly in ways considered unremarkable.

It's not remarkable that she's capable of it, but in addition to being skilled enough, she was strong of will enough to put up with whatever BS people threw at her for not being white and/or male. It may not mean much to you, but I find it inspiring. I'm sure there are other girls, and blacks who do too. I hope they will take that admiration of her achievements into consideration and listen to her political views.

robatsu
09-29-2007, 01:07 AM
she was strong of will enough to put up with whatever BS people threw at her for not being white and/or male. It may not mean much to you, but I find it inspiring.

You're making an assumption that the military is throwing up roadblocks to nonwhite/non females. That may have been the case 30/40 years ago, but you have a hard time convincing me that anyone evincing the slightest bit of racism in the USMC wouldn't have their career ended in a moment nowadays. So, while she is not Rosa Parks, she is glib and pleasant, although it is uncertain how many high marks a similar performance by a white (or non-black) and possibly non-female person would elicit. So are we all just being patronizing here (hey, look at the nice performance by a black female, isn't that cute).

FWIW, I was enlisted sniper in USMC, then a submarine officer in USN, my brother is currently flying combat aircraft in Afghanistan. Yes, we're blue-eyed anglos, but, before accusing me of racism or angry white male stuff, I'm in an interracial marriage (with children) as is my brother. Maybe it is that that makes me speak a little more freely than the patronization I see from other (presumably) white folks. Not that I'm jiggy or anything.

winston84
09-29-2007, 01:10 AM
I noticed her applause to RP's responses, not surprised.

hard@work
09-29-2007, 01:16 AM
You're making an assumption that the military is throwing up roadblocks to nonwhite/non females. That may have been the case 30/40 years ago, but you have a hard time convincing me that anyone evincing the slightest bit of racism in the USMC wouldn't have their career ended in a moment nowadays. So, while she is not Rosa Parks, she is glib and pleasant, although it is uncertain how many high marks a similar performance by a white (or non-black) and possibly non-female person would elicit. So are we all just being patronizing here (hey, look at the nice performance by a black female, isn't that cute).

FWIW, I was enlisted sniper in USMC, then a submarine officer in USN, my brother is currently flying combat aircraft in Afghanistan. Yes, we're blue-eyed anglos, but, before accusing me of racism or angry white male stuff, I'm in an interracial marriage (with children) as is my brother. Maybe it is that that makes me speak a little more freely than the patronization I see from other (presumably) white folks. Not that I'm jiggy or anything.

That's all well and good but the point he made still stands. First is not easily achieved, you should know that. As for patronizing, I don't think so. I see her similarly however my interest in her is as an individual who has done great things. The details of them, down to even race and gender, are just attributes to the individual.

*shrug*

I don't see anything wrong with that. But perhaps you're right from another perspective.

hard@work
09-29-2007, 01:17 AM
Oh and I watched some of her videos. She's a really good speaker. If she does come out for Dr. Paul I'm going to see if I can volunteer under her. Anyone get any info please post.

robatsu
09-29-2007, 01:20 AM
That's all well and good but the point he made still stands. First is not easily achieved, you should know that. As for patronizing, I don't think so. I see her similarly however my interest in her is as an individual who has done great things. The details of them, down to even race and gender, are just attributes to the individual.

So why is she more interesting than any other combat fighter pilot. I know the Navy has about 75,000 aviation officers, I assume the Air Force has the same, and then the Army, with all is chopper pilots, yada yada, it's not like she is Crick/Watson discovering DNA. Yeah, it is cool to fly hi-perf planes for the gov, but it isn't like thousands of people enter into this for the first time every year.

Man from La Mancha
09-29-2007, 01:22 AM
So why is she more interesting than any other combat fighter pilot. I know the Navy has about 75,000 aviation officers, I assume the Air Force has the same, and then the Army, with all is chopper pilots, yada yada, it's not like she is Crick/Watson discovering DNA. Yeah, it is cool to fly hi-perf planes for the gov, but it isn't like thousands of people enter into this for the first time every year.
Thats easy, if they come out publicly for Ron they will be interesting too.

robatsu
09-29-2007, 01:31 AM
Thats easy, if the come out publicly for Ron they will be interesting too.

Well, I'm a former submarine officer for RP, nuclear weapons, hunt for red october and all, seal delivery vehicles, right out of james bond, blind man's bluff and all. Do I get a book deal? No. Do I want one? No, although if someone is giving away bux, sure. Me, I find this fawning over blacks, african americans doing things that non-blacks do as a matter of course vomitously patronizing. The worst part about it is that people doing it are doing it because they consider themselves "progressive". Yeah, Vernice talks ok, but on an objective standard, she does that, ok, pretty good. But because she is black, some great white father anglos want to say, oh, isn't that wonderful, and give her an extra 20%. Me, I know 20k people that could give that interview, listened to colorblindedly. Be honest with yourself, people. Beyond that, before I get the whammy from the PC people, I hasten to remind that I am in an interracial marriage (with children). In a superstitious fashion, I hope this invokation wards off the PC killer demons.

robatsu
09-29-2007, 01:41 AM
P.S.

If you were truly objective, but yet racially bean counting, instead of marveling over the wonder of Vernice Armour (a delightful lady, as far as I can tell), you should be critical of the Afro/Am community for not producing more like her.

hard@work
09-29-2007, 01:45 AM

Well if I may be blunt: because she's an energetic successful black woman. And I happen to like black people, and it's very nice to see one doing something that has not been done before from what I understand. Do I believe that she is better than any other pilot based on these attributes? No, not at all. In fact you're correct, she is nothing special compared to a German or Irish born brown haired white male pilot (without me comparing records that is).

Additionally she is a speaker. And I happen to have a place in my heart for speakers, Dr. Paul being the #1 at the moment. Speakers are awesome people. They usually are very passionate and caring about their speach and very engaging in debate. Again since she is black, the thought that she could be a bridge between the individuals who share her ethnicity and the campaign is heartwarming! As a speaker she has the ability to communicate the philosophy of liberty to groups of individuals. As a successful black woman she has the background and track record to prove that personal accountability can always triumph over adversity. The thought that the spark of liberty will ignite and spread throughout the so called "minority" communities? Encouraging and exciting thoughts for me. And we need outreach, we need it badly.

All because she's black and understood the message. And there's not a durn thing wrong with that now is there?

I'm merely filled with hope, take it as you will.

:D

Trassin
09-29-2007, 01:52 AM

The short answer is yes, Kalami. The longer answer can be found HERE (http://usmilitary.about.com/cs/militarylaw1/a/milpolitics.htm)

robatsu
09-29-2007, 02:00 AM
All because she's black and understood the message. And there's not a durn thing wrong with that now is there?

Other than the fact that "she is black". Why shouldn't it be "because he/she understood the message". Do we get extra points for blacks?

Lady Liberty
09-29-2007, 02:34 AM
Robatsu,:o I'm sorry my comment upset you. I did not mean the military, or you in general gave her flack. And you are right, that was an assumption on my part based on personal experience, about her dealing with anything out of the ordinary. I was just trying to explain my interest in her, which apparently I did a poor job of. I'm glad that a black woman fighter pilot is no big deal to you. That speaks volumes about the open mindedness of our armed forces. If you know alot of military men and women who would speak on behalf of Ron, please encourage them to do so. I'm sure each and every one of them would inspire voters who could identify with them. I just happen to identify with this one, being that I'm a woman in a male dominated field. I would pause to listen to what she had to say, others would pause to listen to you or other military men and women. I haven't heard alot from our armed forces (outside of the fact that alot are apparently donating). I think alot of us would like to hear what they (yourself included) have to say about Ron's policies.

chon
09-29-2007, 02:41 AM
there was a comment that Huckabee made to her about she will prolly be there again as in the middle east did i hear correctly???

Lady Liberty
09-29-2007, 02:45 AM
Yea I forgot about that....it came off like a threat! I'm surprised he didn't get booed. My husband and I were yelling at the TV at that point.

chon
09-29-2007, 02:46 AM
haha me too!!!!

Man from La Mancha
09-29-2007, 03:15 AM
Well, I'm a former submarine officer for RP, nuclear weapons, hunt for red october and all, seal delivery vehicles, right out of james bond, blind man's bluff and all. Do I get a book deal? No. Do I want one? No, although if someone is giving away bux, sure. Me, I find this fawning over blacks, african americans doing things that non-blacks do as a matter of course vomitously patronizing. The worst part about it is that people doing it are doing it because they consider themselves "progressive". Yeah, Vernice talks ok, but on an objective standard, she does that, ok, pretty good. But because she is black, some great white father anglos want to say, oh, isn't that wonderful, and give her an extra 20%. Me, I know 20k people that could give that interview, listened to colorblindedly. Be honest with yourself, people. Beyond that, before I get the whammy from the PC people, I hasten to remind that I am in an interracial marriage (with children). In a superstitious fashion, I hope this invokation wards off the PC killer demons.

I have to agree with what you say, but what is controlling all this is the controlled MSM which has catapulted certain groups to the for front, and by utilizing their own standards could help for positive PR. Not saying it is right but that is just how it works. And if she can help out so it would be nice. I'm sure from what I read about her she is an accomplished individual who wants the best for our country.

Geronimo
09-29-2007, 05:43 AM
That aside, I think some of us should consider emailing her, and letting her know we saw her on the debate and how much we admire her, etc. Then ask her to support Ron Paul. Nonchalantly. Do not want to overwhelm her. If she is serious about supporting him, I am sure she will write back. I am going to do it.

That's a damn fine idea.

If only the Iraq Veterans Against the War (http://www.ivaw.org/) would openly endorse him.

libertythor
09-29-2007, 05:51 AM
Why wouldn't she? Most black acheivers are very suspicious of government. Yes, most may be Democrats, but they are educated and have a mind of their own.

The majority of African Americans are sick of the victimhood mentality and pandering.

On average black cops are rougher on their own than white cops. Check the statistics.

Check out this video:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=soKkoPpvi7o

Why wouldn't they be receptive to liberty? Isn't that what most of civil rights was all about. (Lets not get into the reverse discrimination and affirmative action. Thats another thing all together.)

wgadget
09-29-2007, 05:55 AM
Hey, someone said she's from TN.

Next weekend there is a rally up in Nashville...Any chance we could get her up there in short order to speak?

libertythor
09-29-2007, 05:56 AM
Well... I had some respect for her before she declared herself a 'life coach'.

Well...think of it as being a mentor. She just wants to help people. Obviously she knows something about acheivement. I respect her.

JosephTheLibertarian
09-29-2007, 05:57 AM

he just doesn't support the troops that don't support the government... he calls them traitors

goldenequity
09-29-2007, 07:28 AM
It's time for Hannity (and others) to grab a rifle
http://www.lewrockwell.com:80/orig8/herndon4.html (http://www.lewrockwell.com:80/orig8/herndon4.html)

or just shut the F*uk up!

Stealth4
09-29-2007, 07:51 AM
there was a comment that Huckabee made to her about she will prolly be there again as in the middle east did i hear correctly???

Hunter, not Huckabee

john_anderson_ii
09-29-2007, 08:07 AM
Guys, for future reference, please refrain from calling Marines soldiers. We are Marines, not soldiers. You can call us leathernecks, jarheads, devil dogs, etc, but soldier its kind of offensive.

Just a tip, if you talk to her. We understand when civilians don't make the distinction, but that doesn't mean we like it.

reduen
09-29-2007, 08:07 AM
Hunter, not Huckabee

Stealth is right. It was hunter trying to tell her that he was her man...:rolleyes:

Leslie Webb
09-29-2007, 08:10 AM
Let's buy Ron a jet, and Vernice can fly him around the country.

Bradley in DC
09-29-2007, 08:12 AM
Didn't Lew Moore say something about this on Ron Paul Radio last night?

I interviewed Lew on RPR and do remember something to that effect. I have contacted the tech guys (I'm just a policy geek) to find that clip. We also have, separately, video of the interview, but that would take a bit more work (and then to sync it to the audio).

torchbearer
09-29-2007, 08:31 AM
How about sending her an email and thanking her for the kindness and courtesy she showed our candidiate. shower her with affection, reward the good behavior and it may encourage her to truly see that the only person who can win for america is ron paul.

inibo
09-30-2007, 10:12 AM
Guys, for future reference, please refrain from calling Marines soldiers. We are Marines, not soldiers. You can call us leathernecks, jarheads, devil dogs, etc, but soldier its kind of offensive.

Just a tip, if you talk to her. We understand when civilians don't make the distinction, but that doesn't mean we like it.

Can we call you sailors?

http://www.uspharmd.com/usmc/emblem/seal.png

After all it does say Department of the Navy.

I am running for cover now.

fj45lvr
09-30-2007, 10:24 AM
Hannity wont say shit .. he'll be too chicken shit that people will say hes racist and/or sexist. HAHHA

You guys are funny!!!! You talk as if Hannity was actually a journalist.

Hannity=Baghdad BOB.

cac1963
09-30-2007, 10:32 AM
If the good doctor can get a decent number from African American voters the south is in play!

I'm happy to report that exactly that is happening. We did street corners all week in a kind of industrial part of town just outside the annual fair where traffic was equally mixed black and white, and yesterday we got more honks and thumbs up from the blacks passing by than from the whites, at least by my observations.

cjhowe
09-30-2007, 11:02 AM
http://www.myspace.com/vernicearmour

LibertyEagle
09-30-2007, 11:08 AM

Thanks for the heads-up, Marine. ;)

LibertyEagle
09-30-2007, 11:09 AM
Can we call you sailors?

http://www.uspharmd.com/usmc/emblem/seal.png

After all it does say Department of the Navy.

I am running for cover now.

Yeah, you'd better run alright. The Marines are the cream of the crop.

smhbbag
09-30-2007, 11:29 AM
Well, of course the Marine Corps is a department of the Navy.....

......the Men's Department.

JackLaw
09-30-2007, 11:31 AM
Guys, for future reference, please refrain from calling Marines soldiers. We are Marines, not soldiers.
I'm confused. Not all soldiers are marines, but aren't all marines soldiers?

Corydoras
09-30-2007, 11:50 AM
I'm confused. Not all soldiers are marines, but aren't all marines soldiers?

No. There are soldiers, sailors, airmen (or whatever) and Marines.

JosephTheLibertarian
09-30-2007, 11:51 AM
There also used to be a few militia groups...well, before the fbi went in and massacred them :p

inibo
10-04-2007, 07:18 PM
No. There are soldiers, sailors, airmen (or whatever) and Marines.

Now that was just rude. I'll have you know I was a TAC Trained Tiger. Well, before they moved us to MAC. Then I was just a guy who worked on trucks with wings.