Liberty_Tree
09-03-2009, 11:00 PM
http://www.englishrussia.com/forum/files/blank_facepalm_224.gif

RideTheDirt
09-03-2009, 11:25 PM
saw this weeks ago, and was in awe

angelatc
09-03-2009, 11:26 PM
Oh my freaking god. She sounds like a first-grader.

rajibo
09-03-2009, 11:44 PM
Didn't I see her talking about the Iraq on some beauty pagent?

Bruno
09-03-2009, 11:59 PM
The land is free because it is new land. lmao

Looks like the lady in the background is trying her best not to die laughing

StudentForPaul08
09-04-2009, 12:00 AM
*facepalm*

Is this the Liberal Sarah Palin?

StudentForPaul08
09-04-2009, 12:01 AM
YouTube - Atlanta Grape Lady (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THfiHQZVSw0)

Bruno
09-04-2009, 12:05 AM
^ Geez, i seriously hope that lady was alright after that!

Sandman33
09-04-2009, 12:15 AM
I'm not saying that we should end womens suffrage....I'm just saying lets let women vote to end womens suffrage and see what the results are...

All I'm sayin.

LittleLightShining
09-04-2009, 06:28 AM
Someone actually clapped.

james1906
09-04-2009, 06:50 AM
Obama will name her Secretary of Agriculture.

Bruno
09-04-2009, 06:51 AM
Someone actually clapped.

because she was finally finished rambling! :D

Justin D
09-04-2009, 07:00 AM
Didn't I see her talking about the Iraq on some beauty pagent?

Yes!
YouTube - Miss Teen USA 2007 - South Carolina answers a question (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj3iNxZ8Dww)

sevin
09-04-2009, 07:00 AM
Oh my freaking god. She sounds like a first-grader.

Mentally, she is. And there are tens and millions of people this stupid in America.

acptulsa
09-04-2009, 07:18 AM
Can't watch it right now. Is she better or worse than Rep. Maxine Waters?

FrankRep
09-04-2009, 08:40 AM

Do you remember Miss South Carolina? I think this lady is related.

torchbearer
09-04-2009, 08:43 AM
Mentally, she is. And there are tens and millions of people this stupid in America.

and their vote counts as much as yours.
scared of democracy yet?

LittleLightShining
09-04-2009, 08:49 AM

Actually, we'd probably be better off with her than Waters.

angelatc
09-04-2009, 09:01 AM
I'm not saying that we should end womens suffrage....I'm just saying lets let women vote to end womens suffrage and see what the results are...

All I'm sayin.

If you said that about blacks or jews you'd get a perma-ban.

All I'm sayin'.

Original_Intent
09-04-2009, 09:03 AM
LOL @ the ~three year old blonde girl that keeps giving her the "thumbs down"! :D She needs a thought bubble over her head saying "Dayum woman! I am not even in kindergarten and I am getting stupider being in the same room as you!"

Icymudpuppy
09-04-2009, 09:04 AM
I've long felt that Voting should not be universal. Suffrage should be contingent on certain conditions, none of which are age related.

1. Must pass a civics test that gauges how well you understand how a republic is supposed to work.

2. Must not be dependent on anyone else for your livelihood. (ie. still living in your mom's basement free of charge)

3. Must not accept any form of public assistance.

4. Must have a legitimate job or own a legitimate business.

Therefore, I would have been able to vote at the age of 10 when I started mowing lawns and delivering newspapers, and mom and dad started charging me rent for home, food, and utilities.

Dianne
09-04-2009, 09:05 AM
Are you sure she's not that fake doctor hitting the town halls? Like... Like... Like.... lmao

YouTube - Is this town hall questioner a doctor, as claimed, or an OFA organizer / Obama delegate? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxna9SfmBgs)

Original_Intent
09-04-2009, 09:18 AM
I've long felt that Voting should not be universal. Suffrage should be contingent on certain conditions, none of which are age related.

1. Must pass a civics test that gauges how well you understand how a republic is supposed to work.

2. Must not be dependent on anyone else for your livelihood. (ie. still living in your mom's basement free of charge)

3. Must not accept any form of public assistance.

4. Must have a legitimate job or own a legitimate business.

Therefore, I would have been able to vote at the age of 10 when I started mowing lawns and delivering newspapers, and mom and dad started charging me rent for home, food, and utilities.

I agree with you generally. If this were ever implemented (it won't be) there are too many loopholes with many of these tho. Parents could charge $1 per month "rent". Same with defining "dependent", and "legitmate job or business".
Civics test is a tar baby because who decides what is on the test? If Obama wrote up the test, I am sure there would be plenty of questions making sure that people were properly "socialized".

Not that I am against the idea in concept. For simplicity I think just boild it down to:

1) landowner
2) had received no government assistance in any form (subsidy, welfare, student loan, etc.) during the previous 24 month period.

TonySutton
09-04-2009, 09:32 AM
1) landowner
2) had received no government assistance in any form (subsidy, welfare, student loan, etc.) during the previous 24 month period.

There is always a loophole, like selling 1 square foot parcels of land.

Icymudpuppy
09-04-2009, 09:32 AM
Not that I am against the idea in concept. For simplicity I think just boild it down to:

1) landowner

The problem with the "Landowner" definition, is there are a lot of positive contributors and business owners who choose to rent both their abode and their business storefront for the simplicity of allowing a property manager to care for the nitty gritty of maintenance of those properties. Two businessmen profiting from one another. Disenfranchising the business owner just because he chooses to rent instead of buy is going to bar a lot of very libertarian businessmen from voting.

torchbearer
09-04-2009, 09:34 AM
There is always a loophole, like selling 1 square foot parcels of land.

it is more like- those who have vested interest in the corporation gets to vote.
Meaning-if landowners pay a property tax- they get to vote.
You don't pay taxes, you have no say in what is done with that money.

Icymudpuppy
09-04-2009, 09:39 AM
it is more like- those who have vested interest in the corporation gets to vote.
Meaning-if landowners pay a property tax- they get to vote.
You don't pay taxes, you have no say in what is done with that money.

Okay, I'll go with that. If you pay taxes you vote. If you don't actually pay any taxes into the government to be selected, no vote. Federal bureaucrats could vote in state elections, but not federal elections since their paycheck comes from federal taxes, and vice versa.

What about sales taxes, though? They would have to be abolished because they would re-establish universal suffrage.

torchbearer
09-04-2009, 09:45 AM
Okay, I'll go with that. If you pay taxes you vote. If you don't actually pay any taxes into the government to be selected, no vote. Federal bureaucrats could vote in state elections, but not federal elections since their paycheck comes from federal taxes, and vice versa.

What about sales taxes, though? They would have to be abolished because they would re-establish universal suffrage.

I'd keep it based on property tax, because this also solves residency problems.
Sales taxes would not be a factor.
Sales taxes should be abolished anyway.
And property taxes should be voluntary. Meaning- if you pay them, you get a vote. You don't pay them, you don't get a vote.
And if possible make your vote worth the same as your percetange contribution of taxes.
You pay 1 million in property taxes, you vote has more sway than someone who paid $10 in property taxes. Same as shares of stock in a company.

Icymudpuppy
09-04-2009, 09:50 AM
I still don't like just property based because not everyone chooses to own land, and their are a lot of other contributors to the economy besides landowners. Your plan would created a "Landed Aristocracy", and we'd be back to a feudal system of landed nobility.

torchbearer
09-04-2009, 09:54 AM
I still don't like just property based because not everyone chooses to own land, and their are a lot of other contributors to the economy besides landowners. Your plan would created a "Landed Aristocracy", and we'd be back to a feudal system of landed nobility.

the government funded by landowners would be a lot smaller than one funded by everyone.
people who rent, could be transient in nature. People who buy products over the internet that generate funds for your state- do not deserve a say in its government.

We have fuedalism now. Serfs everywhere.

Why would a person who put up a million dollars in taxes vote for welfare or universal health care? In fact, he'd be protected from such a democratic tyranny.

Original_Intent
09-04-2009, 10:26 AM
the government funded by landowners would be a lot smaller than one funded by everyone.
people who rent, could be transient in nature. People who buy products over the internet that generate funds for your state- do not deserve a say in its government.

We have fuedalism now. Serfs everywhere.

Why would a person who put up a million dollars in taxes vote for welfare or universal health care? In fact, he'd be protected from such a democratic tyranny.

I am right there with you, Torch. The biggest problem we have right now is various people (corporations, welfare recipients, farmers) who have the power to vote money out of your pocket and into theirs.

That has to stop. But it is not likely to stop peacefully because we have passed the point where 50% of the people are sucking at the government teat, and they are not going to willingly vote that power out of their hands.

amy31416
09-04-2009, 11:20 AM

All I'm sayin.

This from the guy who throws a temper tantrum when someone calls him out for being sexist.

If you actually think this women is representative of the intelligence of other women, once again, I question the quality of the people you choose to surround yourself with.

Todd
09-04-2009, 11:52 AM
This is the "Average voter".