It appears they shot him from behind.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090903/ap_on_re_us/us_shot_in_court

Reason
09-03-2009, 07:47 PM
Hmmm "Jericho"....

Mini-Me
09-03-2009, 07:57 PM
Here's an excerpt, emphasis added:

It's unclear exactly what happened next, but Martin said an argument between Payne and the seven police officers who attended the hearing apparently escalated to a scuffle, ending when an officer shot Payne from behind.

Doctors in Memphis, Tenn., removed a .40-caliber bullet from Payne's hip bone, Martin said. Another officer suffered a grazing wound to his finger from the bullet.

Martin declined to name the officer who shot Payne. It's unclear if the officer has been disciplined.

Prosecutor Lindsey Fairley said Thursday that he didn't plan to file any felony charges against the officer or Payne. Fairley, reached at his home, said Payne could face a misdemeanor charge stemming from the scuffle, but that would be up to the city's judge. He said he didn't remember the name of the officer who fired the shot.

WTF?!? Name, immediate firing of the officer, immediate firing of anyone who refused to name him, and felony charges for all of the above, NOW.

stilltrying
09-03-2009, 07:58 PM
WOW. Seven officers in a town of 175 people.

stilltrying
09-03-2009, 07:59 PM
Lawsuit for megabucks to break the city hall. RICO charges to boot.

FSP-Rebel
09-03-2009, 08:00 PM
Just protectin and a servin.

Anti Federalist
09-03-2009, 08:00 PM
A more accurate thread title, and one that would generate more interest:

Cops shoot fire chief in back while in court.

RedStripe
09-03-2009, 08:04 PM
The Largest Street Gang in America Video by BoilingFrogs - MySpace Video (http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=54162036)

dannno
09-03-2009, 08:21 PM
WOW. Seven officers in a town of 175 people.

Damn. The police officers know they have to keep their speed trap otherwise they lose their job.

That would suck in this economy.

catdd
09-03-2009, 08:40 PM
All those tickets are just another veiled form of taxation to increase state revenue. Cops are going to keep this shit up until they find out the hard way what happens when people are pushed too far.

devil21
09-03-2009, 08:59 PM
That little town is corrupt to the bone! That story is just too much. Anytime a cop shoots someone that's unarmed in the back it's an automatic felony. These people couldn't remember who did the shooting in a force of 7 officers and no discipline? I hope the state gets involved. That's just crazy.

sdczen
09-03-2009, 11:07 PM
Isn't it funny how a small town of 174 residents cannot even have a governing body. A monopoly of force, no matter how large or small will always be tyrannical.

acptulsa
09-04-2009, 06:26 AM
That little town is corrupt to the bone! That story is just too much. Anytime a cop shoots someone that's unarmed in the back it's an automatic felony. These people couldn't remember who did the shooting in a force of 7 officers and no discipline? I hope the state gets involved. That's just crazy.

You're putting your hope in the Arkansas state government? The same body that has been led by Bill Clinton and Mike Huckabee? Good luck with that...

TonySutton
09-04-2009, 06:37 AM
It appears they shot him from behind.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090903/ap_on_re_us/us_shot_in_court

Actually I think they shot him IN the behind. The article states the bullet was removed from his hip bone.

This story is absolutely insane. It is more proof of how power corrupts.

Krugerrand
09-04-2009, 06:38 AM
Here's an excerpt, emphasis added:

WTF?!? Name, immediate firing of the officer, immediate firing of anyone who refused to name him, and felony charges for all of the above, NOW.

and Plaxico Burress gets two years in prison for accidentally shooting himself in the leg because he didn't push paperwork properly on his license that he constitutionally should not have to have in the first place.

james1906
09-04-2009, 06:45 AM
Cops have an unwritten law that you don't ticket firefighters. If they're ticketing a fire chief, then something is truly going wrong on this force.

Dark_Horse_Rider
09-04-2009, 05:23 PM
Economic warfare is being waged against Americans on so many fronts...

I have been travelling around the region, and it seems everywhere the patrols are really out and actively issuing tickets like I have never seen before in these places.

Today I saw cops standing in the middle of a highway after the toll for Whitestone Bridge pointing trucks over to the side and apparently trying to find " violations ".

Some are starting to get pissed, however, I think most people in America won't really get angry until their money is at zero and they start taking into account where it all went.

phill4paul
09-04-2009, 06:06 PM
Seems the citizens need to get a copy of "The County Sheriff: America's Last Hope"
into their sheriffs hands and demand he take the thugs/police off the streets.

literatim
09-04-2009, 06:20 PM
Isn't it funny how a small town of 174 residents cannot even have a governing body. A monopoly of force, no matter how large or small will always be tyrannical.

So all small town governments are tyrannical? :rolleyes:

angelatc
09-04-2009, 06:30 PM
Did ya'll catch the part about "didn't have a police department until they got a federal grant" part?

I seem to recall that "put more cops on our streets" stuff from Clinton.

FSP-Rebel
09-04-2009, 10:03 PM
The Largest Street Gang in America Video by BoilingFrogs - MySpace Video (http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=54162036)
Thx for posting this, I actually watched it in it's entirety. I'm not a very happy camper after viewing this as I have many ties to the LEO community. This type of police behavior has yet to be documented up here in NH and the officers that I have dealt with here are very nice and professional. NH is truly different from many other areas of the US.

Edit: I was is St. Paul for the R4TR and I saw the kind of police that are there. I don't wish them on my worst enemy.

sdczen
09-04-2009, 11:15 PM
So all small town governments are tyrannical? :rolleyes:

Yes, all governments are tyrannical. Government = Tyranny. Now we can discuss on a sliding scale just how tyrannical governments are. Both large and small.