PDA

View Full Version : How much could Mason raise?

Ian A.
09-03-2009, 06:31 PM
23 Senators, their wives, and bunch of others at a $500 plate dinner? What would we have to match?

dr. hfn
09-03-2009, 06:32 PM
this is like a reaction to rand's moneybomb, but now we r using it against them. they might not give us this opportunity again.

itshappening
09-03-2009, 06:41 PM
it will be a lot.

they're holding this fundraiser to make sure Trey is funded for the primary, he has probably maxed out his donors in KY now, so this will be one of his few sources of cash (establishment cash)

it's unbelievable what they're doing, it's like they're making sure he can has enough to beat Rand! this should make everyone mad...

TCE
09-03-2009, 06:51 PM
23 Senators, their wives, and bunch of others at a $500 plate dinner? What would we have to match?

Around $2000 per person is a good estimate. Let's say there are 50 people, which is on the low end, then that's $100,000 in one hit. If there are 100 people, that's $200,000, which is still a ton. If they give the full $2400 each, then we have a $240,000 dinner.

TruthisTreason
09-03-2009, 07:03 PM
Every Senator will bring his favorite lobbyist. I'd guess 400 in attendance ... between 500-1000 average contribution..... Just a guess..

thasre
09-03-2009, 07:05 PM
Around $2000 per person is a good estimate. Let's say there are 50 people, which is on the low end, then that's $100,000 in one hit. If there are 100 people, that's $200,000, which is still a ton. If they give the full $2400 each, then we have a $240,000 dinner.

I wouldn't be surprised, though, for many people attending singularly to make a couple's donation of $4800. So in theory the 100 people COULD raise $480,000. That's obviously pushing it, but you might see even more than $240k.

itshappening
09-03-2009, 07:15 PM
As I say, they want to give him a big hit to make sure he is funded against Rand

it's disgusting :mad:

I hope Rand makes this point at nearly every stop at how he is in the pay of the lobbyists because that's where his money is coming from

dr. hfn
09-03-2009, 07:33 PM
fuk these elitist scum! it's time for guerilla tactics, put up the KentuckyFight flyer all over the damn place.

TCE
09-03-2009, 07:40 PM
As I say, they want to give him a big hit to make sure he is funded against Rand

it's disgusting :mad:

I hope Rand makes this point at nearly every stop at how he is in the pay of the lobbyists because that's where his money is coming from

I don't know if that's the plan and here's why I say that: The only thing the media cares about is money. If you have the best principles in the world but are without a dime, you get no exposure. However, if you have $500 million and praise Hitler, you'll get exposure for your money regardless of the beliefs that come along with it.

If Trey sucks up everything the Senators and their buddies can give, say, $600,000, then he'll get the exposure in the Kentucky media for that amount and that day, but cease to get very much for the remaining months because he'll have come up with no new money. A better strategy is for them to keep holding these events and give him $100,000-$200,000 each time, and that is a more likely strategy.

Why should The Establishment lay all of their cards on the table in September when the Primary is a quite a while from now?

John Cunningham
09-03-2009, 07:42 PM
Each individual can donate $4,800 to a single campaign. Technically, that's $2.400 for the primary plus $2,400 for the general election, but you can donate it all up front. Some attendees will represent PACs, which can donate up to $5,000.

I would guess the Senators don't pay to get in. They are the "talent" that draws the donors. If there are 23 Senators, I'd bet there will be at least 250 paying guests. We scare the crap out of them, so many will make substantial donations. I'm no expert, but I'm predicting they'll raise $500K with the event.

Someone said it costs more to win a Senate race in Connecticut than Kentucky. I suspect more will be spent in Kentucky this time, because our opponents know the easiest way to shut Ron Paul up in 2012 is to defeat Rand Paul decisively in 2010. That puts Rand Paul at the top of their hit list.

This is going to be a huge battle. A $500K money bomb keeps us in the race. A $1M money bomb puts us in the lead. Being in the lead would give us the media attention we need to win.

Time to sell some stock or borrow against your 201k. We need to pull out all the stops, too.

I'm planning to donate $4,000 on the morning of September 23. Add the $650 I've already contributed, and I'll be at $4,650. The other $150 I will donate in future money bombs so I'll count towards the total number of donors.

Who will match me?

TCE
09-03-2009, 07:48 PM
Each individual can donate $4,800 to a single campaign. Technically, that's $2.400 for the primary plus $2,400 for the general election, but you can donate it all up front. Some attendees will represent PACs, which can donate up to $5,000.

I would guess the Senators don't pay to get in. They are the "talent" that draws the donors. If there are 23 Senators, I'd bet there will be at least 250 paying guests. We scare the crap out of them, so many will make substantial donations. I'm no expert, but I'm predicting they'll raise $500K with the event.

Someone said it costs more to win a Senate race in Connecticut than Kentucky. I suspect more will be spent in Kentucky this time, because our opponents know the easiest way to shut Ron Paul up in 2012 is to defeat Rand Paul decisively in 2010. That puts Rand Paul at the top of their hit list.

This is going to be a huge battle. A $500K money bomb keeps us in the race. A $1M money bomb puts us in the lead. Being in the lead would give us the media attention we need to win.

Time to sell some stock or borrow against your 201k. We need to pull out all the stops, too.

I'm planning to donate $4,000 on the morning of September 23. Add the $650 I've already contributed, and I'll be at $4,650. The other $150 I will donate in future money bombs so I'll count towards the total number of donors.

Who will match me?

Kentucky will be easier because 2010 will be a Republican year. The NRSC knows that whoever wins the Republican Primary wins the Senate seat. In Connecticut, the Republican Primary is gonna soak up a lot of money all by itself. While the same is true in Kentucky, a lot less will have to be spent in the General against either Democrat. Connecticut will still have Dodd with all of his money and connections.

FSP-Rebel
09-03-2009, 08:30 PM
Who will match me?
Can't do it in this bomb, but probably the next. Though, I'm still throwing down this time around.

Dionysus
09-03-2009, 08:38 PM
The banks affiliated with Trayson's dad, ie the banks he is working for, the ones who gave him an Aspen Institute fellowship, have received at least 2 billion from the bailout. So, if we could imagine a universe where banker stooges aren't very concerned about circumnavigating the very laws they enforce: the answer is a lot. A lot above and below the table. But I firmly believe they've screwed the pooch on this one, so to speak.

Austin
09-03-2009, 08:40 PM

Who will match me?

You. Rock.

Also, accurate predictions on Treytor Grayson's fundraising, IMO.

skyorbit
09-03-2009, 11:24 PM
So - - - -We have to raise AT LEAST $500,000.

Let's strive for $1 Million Again.

Tracy

itshappening
09-04-2009, 04:27 AM
we have had less time to get this one together so I doubt we can raise 500k unless people really work hard to promote it

however it should be our goal

there are other days coming up like Nov 5th and Dec 16th. we will get Rand funded no question

Dreamofunity
09-04-2009, 06:50 AM

Who will match me?

You sir, are a god amongst men.

John Cunningham
09-04-2009, 07:31 AM
Yes, we need to raise $1M. I believe it's doable.

1. Honestly, the theme of the last money bomb, "The Big One", left me yawning. I think the "Kentucky Fight" theme will bring in a lot more money. Everybody loves a fight.

2. I created a facebook group promoting the idea of responding to the 23 Senators on September 23 by donating 2.3 times as much as in the last money bomb. Funny how the math works out. $433K times 2.3 is a million dollars. If you are on facebook, please join the group, then invite all your friends to do so, as well. It needs to go viral.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=153143075357

3. I'm encouraging people to make the order-of-magnitude paradigm shift. $100 used to be a lot of money. Today it's an everyday amount, something you might pay in a single visit to a restaurant or grocery store, or the amount of a cell phone or electric bill. Rand needs more of his supporters to break the psychological barrier and add another zero onto their contribution. I think $2,300 is is nice way to respond to the 23 Senators!

4. If on the evening of September 23 it looks like we have a shot of hitting the $1M goal, I'll be on the phone with supporters in my area, letting them know it's happening and asking them to help put us over. So everyone reading this please contribute early so I'll have a good story to tell!

Imagine the shock of the headlines the next morning, after Rand raises $1M in a single day. It sure would be great to be the frontrunner for a change. Now, go sell some stock and get ready for September 23!

Matt Collins
09-04-2009, 10:08 AM
The NRSC knows that whoever wins the Republican Primary wins the Senate seat. Not necessecarily true. The Democrats have targeted this seat and the Democrat front runner has a ton more money than either of the Republicans. This will be a fight in the primary, and a fight in the general too. Not something either Party was hoping for.

Matt Collins
09-04-2009, 10:09 AM
it's unbelievable what they're doingSeeing some of their tactics first hand over the last 2 years, I believe it. :mad::(

TCE
09-04-2009, 12:59 PM
Not necessecarily true. The Democrats have targeted this seat and the Democrat front runner has a ton more money than either of the Republicans. This will be a fight in the primary, and a fight in the general too. Not something either Party was hoping for.

In a Republican swing year and an expensive primary? Shockingly, the Democratic primary will be tougher than its Republican counterpart. If you've seen the footage of the Democrats from Fancy Farm, it's gonna be brutal and money may not play as big a part as one might think.