PDA

View Full Version : Obama appoints 9/11 "National Service Day" ? (school email)

zach
09-03-2009, 09:02 AM
Where were you on September 11, 2001?

Hundreds of thousands of volunteers served that day to help their fellow man. In response, the Obama administration has appointed September 11th National Service Day.

Organizations throughout the county are encouraging participation in a statewide food drive to stock the shelves of your friends and neighbors. The Dean is offering a dessert party for the highest collectors of canned goods per group/organization of students, faculty, and staff. Donations may be dropped off to the Chapel oval from 8am-5pm on September 11, 2009.

Please help your fellow man and play a part in this special day!

Any news articles explaining this "National Service Day" ?

:confused:

sevin
09-03-2009, 02:04 PM
Don't be selfish, comrade. Serve your country.

BlackTerrel
09-03-2009, 06:06 PM
Collecting food for hungry Americans... damn that man. Damn him to hell with his sick plans for feeding people.

paulitics
09-03-2009, 06:46 PM
Collecting food for hungry Americans... damn that man. Damn him to hell with his sick plans for feeding people.

It's not about that. It's about setting the precedent of children following orders from the president.

eOs
09-03-2009, 07:03 PM

..you're wack, bro.

DapperDan
09-03-2009, 07:06 PM
Yes let's make a horrific event guilt people into serving. Real sweet of him.

ClayTrainor
09-03-2009, 07:07 PM

Is that really how you look at this situation? Reeaaaaaaaaaaaaally?

dannno
09-03-2009, 08:06 PM
..you're wack, bro.

AAARrrrrgghh!!!

*sigh*

Kylie
09-03-2009, 09:20 PM
Yes let's make a horrific event guilt people into serving. Real sweet of him.

Why not?

I remember Bush asking every man, woman and child to devote at least 40 hours out of their year to some kind of charity work.....and that was right after all the shit went down in NY.

I'm not gonna bash the guy for carrying on the BS that the previous admin. started. Now if you wanna bash him on the stimulus, or healthcare, or all the czars, then I'll chime in.

But not this. While I don't think that the Pres. has any business asking people to serve, I don't think that he is trying to start his "Obama youth" program this way.

That's scheduled for next Tuesday. :D

WarDog
09-03-2009, 10:09 PM
When no man is safe when freedom fails the best men rout in filthy jails why those who cry appease appease are hung by those they tried to please

Kylie
09-03-2009, 10:18 PM
When no man is safe when freedom fails the best men rout in filthy jails why those who cry appease appease are hung by those they tried to please

Where did this come from?

I have seen it quite a few times as of late, and don't know its origins.

Thanks in advance!!

:)

BlackTerrel
09-05-2009, 09:29 PM
It's not about that. It's about setting the precedent of children following orders from the president.

He's not ordering anything. Are kids who aren't helping at homeless shelters going to be whisked away into concentration camps?

There's legitimate issues with Obama. This isn't one of them.

Cowlesy
09-05-2009, 09:31 PM
Kids shouldn't listen to Obama's Bullshit.

If he were just telling them to study and work hard in school, I wouldn't care.

If he's weaving in some Administration bullshit, I hope parents give him the finger.

Son of Freedom
09-06-2009, 10:19 AM
Any news articles explaining this "National Service Day" ?

:confused:

There is plenty out there right from the source. Here are a few links below that explain it well.

I believe anyone getting up in arms about the one day in particular may be over reacting (I agree, the choice of 9/11 isn't right). Those here that claim to be conservatives and believe that helping others should be voluntary, well I would think this is something good. That's how I see it. There is nothing compulsory here, IMO it's all good, help someone needy, make a friend and tell them "See, this is how it's supposed to work!" So this day of Service and Remembrance in and of itself is quite harmless.

There is also the dark side of this. This day is spawned from Kennedy's Serve America Act. Read it for yourself, too much to explain right now. This thing is a sham.

http://edlabor.house.gov/blog/2009/03/the-edward-m-kennedy-serve-ame.shtml

http://www.serve.gov

KAYA
09-06-2009, 10:35 AM

It's like the stranger with candy. Let the children go and receive candy from nice man, is just candy for goodness sake.

angelatc
09-06-2009, 10:53 AM
Kids shouldn't listen to Obama's Bullshit.

If he were just telling them to study and work hard in school, I wouldn't care.

If he's weaving in some Administration bullshit, I hope parents give him the finger.

That's the thing. As a parent, I don't trust him with my kids. I've heard that other presidents also spoke, but I don't think they spent a couple million dollars preparing Dear Leader workbooks to accompany the speech.

PaulaGem
09-06-2009, 12:04 PM
When are we going to see that one? I believe it would be more appropriate for 9/11.

zach
09-06-2009, 07:27 PM
They've put posters around the school, and the fraternities are doing their share by going to Walmart and doing the drives..

I don't care for the "Remember 9/11 victims by serving your country!"

As if I need to be reminded to serve others.

devil21
09-06-2009, 07:33 PM
I was one of those people that actually did serve in an official capacity on 9/11. Making it a national "holiday" of sorts is kinda tasteless but Ill reserve judgment on this situation until I see what the inevitable follow-up agenda is.

zach
09-06-2009, 10:57 PM
I was one of those people that actually did serve in an official capacity on 9/11. Making it a national "holiday" of sorts is kinda tasteless but I'll reserve judgment on this situation until I see what the inevitable follow-up agenda is.

Right. Open mind, open ears. :cool: