PDA

View Full Version : Is the tide turning?

heiwa
06-04-2007, 06:26 PM
I had an interesting experience last night.

I had to call one of the volunteers with whom I work. He lives on the north shore of Chicago - upper middle class, cadillac, golf club, Republican, you know. Anyway after we finished talking about work, I asked him if he had seen any of the debates. He said no, he hadn't. I told him he should watch the ones this week and take a look at a guy named Ron Paul.

"Funny you should mention that, but Joe (another golf club member) was just telling me about him this weekend. When is that debate?"

I was so shocked that this middle America guy who never looks at the internet would have heard about Ron Paul, and that he heard about him from another middle America guy who never looks at the internet.

Anyway, it's only an anecdote, but I swear I can almost feel the word spreading - not like a wave, but like a tsunami.

Woohoo!

Jen

UtahApocalypse
06-04-2007, 06:27 PM
We are getting very close to critical mass. I think we have to really use this week as a major time to make things change.

CurtisLow
06-04-2007, 06:38 PM
WoW, very cool! I called my brother in Fl the other day he's 36 y.o. has TV no net and he said he never heard of RP but after filling him in he's going to put signs up in his yard and pass the word.

Keep spreading the word.

romelll
06-04-2007, 06:57 PM
I had mentioned RP to some older friends (in their 60's). They are supporting him as well as there son. I think the paleo Ronald Reagan supporters will come out of the woodwork the more we spread the news like William Dawes or more famously Paul Revere.
Just gotta keep mentioning it especially when anyone talks about frustration with the current system. I got a bried "Check him out" with the owner of a farm machine shop. Gotta beat the bushes sometimes....

heiwa
06-04-2007, 07:46 PM
Oh that's great!

I just got an e-mail back from my ex-husband. I had, ahem, sent him an e-mail about Ron Paul. He said that he was a little leary of Dr. Paul because he had become a bit of a media darling after the 2nd debate (huh?) and pointed out several reasons why he couldn't vote for him. In the end he just wants a Dem in the White House.

<sigh>

Note to self: They're called ex's for a reason. :D

Now where did I put my ex-mother-in-law's e-mail...

Jen

ronpaulitician
06-04-2007, 08:24 PM
The Ron Paul bumper sticker I put on my work monitor got a co-worker to ask, "Who's Ron Paul?"

"Oh, the next president of the United States," I answered, and we got to talk a little about him.

Last Monday, "Hey, I saw Ron Paul on Real Time," was the first thing he told me. "Yeah, I was there in the audience," I was able to reply.

"His views are a bit simple," he started, "but I'm a simple guy, so..." and left it kind of hanging there.

Have to play it careful at work in relation to politics, but have a feeling I might be able to sway him :)

lucky
06-04-2007, 08:57 PM
It has been fun to mention a candidate and to have gotten so much positive feedback.

Goon a go home in a week ot two and plan on making everyone knows who I am backing and I expect the same from my friends and family.