PDA

View Full Version : Paul: Medina Is a Friend, But That's Not an Endorsement

Reason
09-02-2009, 07:38 PM
http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/politics/Paul-Medina-Is-a-Friend-But-Thats-Not-an-Endorsement.html

MRoCkEd
09-02-2009, 07:44 PM
ahhghhhg

something about not endorsing people running against republican incumbents

TastyWheat
09-03-2009, 12:56 PM
I wouldn't blame him if he just didn't take a stance on the governor's race. I'm sure Debra has most of Ron Paul's supporters anyway and she wouldn't want to lose any "lemming" Republicans that don't appreciate Ron's views. He may endorse her yet. He did endorse a non-Republican for president.

tajitj
09-03-2009, 02:19 PM
Seems weird. It might be about his Liberty PAC and him not endorsing her. He does not endorse any candidates does he. He has not endorsed Schiff of Rand, just says good things about them.

But why the word play on support.

It does not look like Debra used endorse, just support.

ClayTrainor
09-03-2009, 04:09 PM
Seems weird. It might be about his Liberty PAC and him not endorsing her. He does not endorse any candidates does he. He has not endorsed Schiff of Rand, just says good things about them.

I know he endorsed Adam Kokesh...

http://www.kokeshforcongress.com/posts/ron-paul-weighs

Flash
09-03-2009, 04:51 PM
I know he endorsed Adam Kokesh...

http://www.kokeshforcongress.com/posts/ron-paul-weighs

Kokesh is running against an incumbent Dem. Ron Paul just doesn't endorse people whom are running against an incumbent Republican.

RileyE104
09-22-2009, 10:28 AM
Kokesh is running against an incumbent Dem. Ron Paul just doesn't endorse people whom are running against an incumbent Republican.

I think it's more to do with him not supporting anyone with Republican opposition.

Because Schiff isn't running against a Republican incumbent, so why hasn't Ron endorsed him yet? Adam, on the other hand, has no Republican opposition (that I am aware of), and he's been endorsed..

Nathan Hale
09-23-2009, 07:24 AM
Regardless, Paul's neutrality is smart positioning, considering that he has a race of his own in 2010.

Imperial
09-23-2009, 04:05 PM
I'm sure Debra has most of Ron Paul's supporters anyway

She doesn't have much name recognition yet. She does with the tea partiers and those who actively watch politics sure. But what about the ones who don't go to tea parties 24/7?

They will be susceptible to the Perry spin. She hasn't yet been able to get her voice out to all the libertarians in Texas.

Young Paleocon
09-23-2009, 04:22 PM
She doesn't have much name recognition yet. She does with the tea partiers and those who actively watch politics sure. But what about the ones who don't go to tea parties 24/7?

They will be susceptible to the Perry spin. She hasn't yet been able to get her voice out to all the libertarians in Texas.

Go and look at her calendar....It's quite impressive.

justinc.1089
09-24-2009, 11:28 PM
Hello... he didn't endorse her because he knows she has no chance to win and doesn't want to encourage grassroots supporters to donate to her and work for her when they could do that for candidates much more likely to win, such as Rand, Kokesh, or Schiff.

devil21
09-25-2009, 04:24 AM
It's way too early to be endorsing anyone. How many of us were talking about Sanford as a Liberty candidate not too long ago? While I don't like seeing RP playing politics as usual I understand why he's not endorsing anyone....yet.

ForLiberty-RonPaul
10-02-2009, 01:01 PM
bump

LibertyEagle
10-02-2009, 02:00 PM
I don't think he can endorse anyone who is going up against a Republican incumbent, or he risks losing his position as chair of any Congressional committees that he now holds. At least, that is what I recall.

devil21
10-02-2009, 03:24 PM
RP chairs a Congressional committee? That's news to me if true.

james1906
10-03-2009, 09:24 AM
RP chairs a Congressional committee? That's news to me if true.

That's not possible in a Dem controlled Congress.

South Park Fan
10-03-2009, 10:21 AM
Is Larry Kilgore still in the race?