PDA

View Full Version : Sheriff Joe Arpaio considers run for Governor?

disorderlyvision
09-02-2009, 07:37 PM

UnReconstructed
09-02-2009, 08:48 PM
sickening

slothman
09-02-2009, 09:26 PM
If he does get elected than I will have to boycott all of Arizona.
Right now I only have to avoid Maricopa county, which includes Phoenix.

disorderlyvision
09-02-2009, 10:13 PM

literatim
09-02-2009, 10:23 PM
I happen to live in Maricopa county, Sheriff Joe Arpaio is probably one of the most honest people to have served this state. If you can tell me what hes done wrong I'll look into it...

Actions as Maricopa County Sheriff

During his tenure as Maricopa County Sheriff, Arpaio has instituted or strengthened several of the following crime prevention programs:[13]

* bicycle registration
* block watches
* child identification and fingerprinting
* Operation Identification (for marking valuables)
* Operation Notification (which identifies business owners to be notified during times of emergency)
* Project Lifeline (which provides free cellular phones to domestic violence victims)
* S.T.A.R.S. (Sheriffs Teaching Abuse Resistance to Students)
* an annual summer camp for kids near Payson.

Beginning December 27, 2008 Arpaio will appear in Smile... you're under Arrest!, a Fox Reality Channel show in which persons with outstanding warrants are tricked into presenting themselves for arrest.[14]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Arpaio#Actions_as_Maricopa_County_Sheriff

qh4dotcom
09-02-2009, 11:02 PM
I happen to live in Maricopa county, Sheriff Joe Arpaio is probably one of the most honest people to have served this state. If you can tell me what hes done wrong I'll look into it...

It's pretty obvious that he has violated the 8th amendment of the Constitution...no cruel and unusual punishment.

Also he's 77...maybe he's too old to be a governor