PDA

View Full Version : MSNBC's Chris Matthews: "It's "racist" to talk about Michelle Obama's 26 aides!"

max
09-02-2009, 02:18 PM
Let me get this straight. The US is broke. Millions are unemployed and millions more are behind on their mortgages.....and it's "racist" to suggest that it may be inappropriate for Michelle Obama to have 26 well paid aides (including a full time make-up artist) on the taxpayers' payroll???

YouTube - Chris Matthews Proclaims Criticizing Michelle Obama Having 26 Aides Is Racist (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1jEfgya8dI&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Eprisonplanet%2Ecom%2Fchris %2Dmatthews%2Dproclaims%2Dcriticizing%2Dmichelle%2 Dobama%2Dhaving%2D26%2Daides%2Dis%2Dracist%2Ehtml&feature=player_embedded#t=63)

acptulsa
09-02-2009, 02:20 PM
It is? Why? Does she have twenty-six aides because of her race?

Bruno
09-02-2009, 02:20 PM
Is it racist to say she is ugly? I get a shiver every time I see her. Or think about her like just now. ugh.

FSP-Rebel
09-02-2009, 02:24 PM
I think Matthews has really just gone nuts.

jclay2
09-02-2009, 02:25 PM
Holy crap. I have got to watch this video when I get home from work. Just think of all the pm's one could buy with 26 paychecks. What a waste.

Bruno
09-02-2009, 02:26 PM
I think Matthews has really just gone nuts.

yeah, he has pretty much lost any credibility he might have had as well.

"The first thing I think, is this is racist!" REally? The first things I think are:

Does she really have 26 aides?
How many aides did other presidents have?
How much are those aides costing the American taxpayers?

catdd
09-02-2009, 02:27 PM
Don't forget now, the democrats have the market cornered on that.
Whites can finally play the race card!!!!

torchbearer
09-02-2009, 02:29 PM
the whole racist bit is getting a bit old... and has cured any "white guilt" i may have ever had...
(not that I ever really had any guilt for something i didn't do)

I hope they use the race card so much that people just become immune to it.
It really is starting to make them look stupid.

acptulsa
09-02-2009, 02:30 PM
Any good toobers out there interested in collecting clips of msnbc calling goofy stuff racist and running them all together? Seems to me we're getting to the point where we can discredit the hell out of G.E.'s Propaganda Division once and for all. If someone can put together something funny enough, pretty soon all the non-net users will find that when they mention hearing something on NBC everyone within earshot is giving them that 'I don't want to laugh but that's so damned funny' look...

dannno
09-02-2009, 02:31 PM
Is it racist to say she is ugly?

No, but it is mean and unproductive..

Not that I disagree with you. First time I saw her I was thinking, "Alright.. so who is the wife of this tall, dark, smooth-talking..........ohh.....really??....oh my.."

torchbearer
09-02-2009, 02:33 PM

Not that I disagree with you. First time I saw her I was thinking, "Alright.. so who is the wife of this tall, dark, smooth-talking, long-legged mac-daddy..........ohh.....really??....oh my.."

redacted your post for you. :)
and yeah- I thought the same thing...
I was like- "obama must have been having a really tough time with self-esteem when he met her"

Bruno
09-02-2009, 02:37 PM

Not that I disagree with you. First time I saw her I was thinking, "Alright.. so who is the wife of this tall, dark, smooth-talking..........ohh.....really??....oh my.."

Then on the other hand, it must be nice and productive for so many in the media to say the emperor's wife has wonderful clothes by saying how beautiful and elegant she is. (gag)

Regardless, I'm not concerned with the meanness, or unproductiveness of my comment. ;)

KAYA
09-02-2009, 02:38 PM
Any good toobers out there interested in collecting clips of msnbc calling goofy stuff racist and running them all together? Seems to me we're getting to the point where we can discredit the hell out of G.E.'s Propaganda Division once and for all. If someone can put together something funny enough, pretty soon all the non-net users will find that when they mention hearing something on NBC everyone within earshot is giving them that 'I don't want to laugh but that's so damned funny' look...

Yeah if only Jon Stewart would treat liberals the same as he treats others he would be running clips like that but of course he is much more interested in discrediting those with opposing views than honesty.

specsaregood
09-02-2009, 02:41 PM
the whole racist bit is getting a bit old... and has cured any "white guilt" i may have ever had...
(not that I ever really had any guilt for something i didn't do)

I hope they use the race card so much that people just become immune to it.
It really is starting to make them look stupid.

I find it amusing on so many levels. Either Mathews has the biggest case of white guilt EVER or I think they are using it just to piss people off more and more. Everybody sees through this, so the only thing I can gather is they are using as a way of name-calling....

LittleLightShining
09-02-2009, 02:51 PM
Here's a breakdown of her staff (I didn't watch the video but I got an email about this a while back):

http://commonsense2020.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/michelle_obamas_staff_salaries.jpg
From here (http://commonsense2020.com/2009/07/15/michelle-obamas-staff-salary-totals-16-million/). It lists 22 not 26.

mport1
09-02-2009, 03:12 PM
It is clear that if you do not agree with 100% of what Obama, his family, or the government in general is doing than you are a racist.

Freedom 4 all
09-02-2009, 04:08 PM
Isn't it sexist to believe a woman can't take care of herself and needs 26 aides?

amy31416
09-02-2009, 04:26 PM
Here's a breakdown of her staff (I didn't watch the video but I got an email about this a while back):

http://commonsense2020.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/michelle_obamas_staff_salaries.jpg
From here (http://commonsense2020.com/2009/07/15/michelle-obamas-staff-salary-totals-16-million/). It lists 22 not 26.

So much for the 1 point she scored with me when she declared that the redecorating at the White House would come out of their own pocket, not that I really believe that's true.

Stary Hickory
09-02-2009, 05:32 PM
yeah, he has pretty much lost any credibility he might have had as well.

"The first thing I think, is this is racist!" REally? The first things I think are:

Does she really have 26 aides?
How many aides did other presidents have?
How much are those aides costing the American taxpayers?

Exactly, the fact he thought about race first kinda confirms he is a little preoccupied with race....maybe just like a racist would be.

ItsTime
09-02-2009, 05:35 PM
does anyone have the history on past F.L. aide numbers?

thasre
09-02-2009, 05:41 PM
I don't care if she has twenty-six aides.

I just want HER to pay for them.

paulitics
09-02-2009, 05:53 PM
26 aides is not acceptable. They are not royalty. Screw you Chris, you race baiter. Your ratings suck. Your have a mental problem. Seriously your obsession is getting out of control.

dannno
09-02-2009, 05:56 PM
Michelle Obama has AIDS?! OMG!

ItsTime
09-02-2009, 05:56 PM
Michelle Obama has AIDS?! OMG!

I heard she got it from Glenn Beck back in 1990 :eek:

BlackTerrel
09-02-2009, 06:39 PM
There actually are people who go after Obama because they are racist. But Matthews is just an idiot... always has been... and he confuses the issue.

By calling everyone racist, you give true racists a pass.

Bruno
09-02-2009, 08:17 PM
There actually are people who go after Obama because they are racist. But Matthews is just an idiot... always has been... and he confuses the issue.

By calling everyone racist, you give true racists a pass.

Wow, really? I had no idea! :rolleyes:

Matthews is not concerned with giving racists a pass, or with calling them out. His motive is to call out any opposition to Obama or his policies as being racist, and thereby hoping that people will stop opposing him for fear of being called a racist.

Liberty Star
09-02-2009, 08:21 PM
I'm beginning to suspect that MSNBC producers have a direct line to Obama handlers - their talking points almost every time I tuned in seem to be exact replica of Obama teams message of the day. On some torture and Bush/Cheney spending issues they have valid commentary but then seem to go tongue tied when it comes to Obama spending and Obama wars. Pure partisan hypocrites.