PDA

View Full Version : Taxpayer march on DC this 9/12

erowe1
09-02-2009, 11:45 AM
It turns out I'll be in the DC area from 9/9-9/16 and I haven't decided if I should go participate in the big taxpayer march that's happening on 9/12. For the most part it looks like it's dominated by mainstream Republicans and their surrogate groups like resistnet.com. But I know John Tate is speaking and I believe YAL is a cosponsor.

Is there anything being coordinated by people of a Ron Paul-ish ilk to go along with this that it might be worth my while to be a part of? I might be interested in doing something with others to reach out to these tea party types with an anti-fed or better yet anti-war message, as well as networking with others doing that.

If not, then that may be a good day for me to go to the zoo with my family instead.

FSP-Rebel
09-02-2009, 12:55 PM
I'll be there with a group of freestaters doing some recruitment. Wouldn't mind meeting you.

Chieppa1
09-02-2009, 04:11 PM
I'll be there with a group of freestaters doing some recruitment. Wouldn't mind meeting you.

I'll be there with my father also. I know it will mostly be mainstream Republican pretending they want real Conservatism. But what better a place to get the true Liberty movement message out.

Stary Hickory
09-02-2009, 04:21 PM
If you disagree with big government spending you ought to go. It doesn't make you a Neocon. Work with folks when you can, if 9/12 is big it might send a message.

erowe1
09-03-2009, 02:02 PM
Bump.

Check out this thread.
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=208145&page=2

The idea has been raised that a group of us hand out fliers for the Kentucky Fight money bomb. I think this is a perfect venue to reach people with that, since it's essentially a Tea Party Republican vs. Establishment Republican contest. There's a 1/3 page flier already available at kentuckyfight.com. Josh says he could make a business card that we could order in a box of 5,000 for $63.

Let's get a feel for who's interested in doing this and work out details such as where and when to meet, and how to share the cost of the cards/fliers. I still don't want to commit just yet, since I've already started making tentative plans with my wife to go to the zoo that day. But if others want to, and if it will make a difference, then I still might go do this.

dr. hfn
09-03-2009, 02:19 PM
whoever is going must pass out fliers about schiff/rand/kokesh and the rand moneybomb!!!

KAYA
09-03-2009, 02:22 PM
It turns out I'll be in the DC area from 9/9-9/16 and I haven't decided if I should go participate in the big taxpayer march that's happening on 9/12. For the most part it looks like it's dominated by mainstream Republicans and their surrogate groups like resistnet.com. But I know John Tate is speaking and I believe YAL is a cosponsor.

Is there anything being coordinated by people of a Ron Paul-ish ilk to go along with this that it might be worth my while to be a part of? I might be interested in doing something with others to reach out to these tea party types with an anti-fed or better yet anti-war message, as well as networking with others doing that.

If not, then that may be a good day for me to go to the zoo with my family instead.

HELL YEAH you should go! This isn't about neo-cons, republicans, democrats, etc., its about protesting this out of control government. We libertarians especially need to be heard and well represented. Maybe you could carry a sign saying "RINO Republicans suck too", "Down with Neo-Cons", "End the Fed", "Ron Paul is Right", "Rand Paul 2010", "Who is Peter Schiff?", "Legalize Capitalism", "Legalize It", "Real Conservatives don't do BAILOUTS" etc.

Chieppa1
09-03-2009, 03:49 PM
I going and bringing all the handouts available on Campaign for Liberty.

And I plan on booing any mention of how much better the Neo-Con Bush years were. Because I know there will be Fox News speakers there.

erowe1
09-03-2009, 06:11 PM
I going and bringing all the handouts available on Campaign for Liberty.

And I plan on booing any mention of how much better the Neo-Con Bush years were. Because I know there will be Fox News speakers there.

Are you just doing this by yourself or with an already existing group? If there's an already organized CFL group then it might behoove others of us to join up with it. If not, then perhaps we can organize ourselves a bit.

erowe1
09-08-2009, 12:20 PM
OK. Chieppa and FSPRebel are going. Anybody else?

Would either of you or anyone else want to hand out cards promoting Kentucky Fight? See the Rand Paul subforum for details. I can have them sent to my in-laws' house in Maryland and deliver them to whomever needs them, or you (whoever you may be) can have them mailed to your address.

I'm willing to help make this happen if there's anything I can do. But I don't think I'll make it to the march itself.

Sandra
09-08-2009, 12:34 PM
Are you just doing this by yourself or with an already existing group? If there's an already organized CFL group then it might behoove others of us to join up with it. If not, then perhaps we can organize ourselves a bit.

It will only be covered favorably by FOX, the event is already owned. There is big talk of keeping other groups behind ropes. MSNBC plans on showing how the events are staged. We have both sides working against us. Rethink and regroup for this event.