PDA

View Full Version : Finally! A Strategy for Dumping RINOs in 2010

ConservativeGuy
09-02-2009, 11:23 AM
A recent blog entry on ConservativeHQ.com (http://conservativehq.com/blog_post/show/363) details how conservatives can use the lessons and strategies learned from Tea Party and town hall protests to dump unprincipled RINOs in the 2010 primaries, especially when these Republicans are being challenged by proven conservatives.

"In these races, the moderate/liberal Republicans typically have the upper hand because they are either incumbents or have previously served in office. The U.S. Senate primary contest in Florida between conservative Marco Rubio and moderate/liberal Charlie Crist is a great example. Crist has the backing of the National Republican Senatorial Committee and has the added advantage of being Florida's governor. Rubio, meanwhile, has the backing of the conservative Club for Growth and a bastion of grassroots enthusiasm."

The blog entry says that "conservative activists should hit these unprincipled politicians where it hurts, and that is by dogging them along the campaign trail," and emphasizes that "the 2010 primaries are key" for dumping RINOs.

The blog entry can be found at: http://conservativehq.com/blog_post/show/363

acptulsa
09-02-2009, 11:27 AM
Let's not be making any snowballs, however...

georgiaboy
09-02-2009, 11:34 AM
Isn't this what we're working in Kentucky and elsewhere already? Primaries, exactly.

Seems like a relatively simple strategy. Link most any RINO with the bailouting establishment and link outsiders with the commonsense teaparty townhallers.

Maybe this time it's actually gonna be fashionable to vote for a principled non-politician 'newcomer'?

erowe1
09-02-2009, 11:38 AM
Honestly, isn't it those of us who believe in less government who are the Republicans in name only? Aren't the ones who believe in expanding government the ones who make up the core of the party and dominate its leadership?

Also, Marco Rubio? That's this guy's idea of a conservative as an alternative to Charlie Crist? There's not a dime of difference between those two, and if anything, it may well be the case that from a small government perspective Crist is the less bad of the two. The guy who wrote that probably knows nothing about Rand or Schiff and would probably be supporting Gayson and Simmons over them if he did.

acptulsa
09-02-2009, 11:43 AM
Honestly, isn't it those of us who believe in less government who are the Republicans in name only? Aren't the ones who believe in expanding government the ones who make up the core of the party and dominate its leadership?

Gee, I don't know. Are the people in the 'smoke filled rooms' what a political party in a represenative republic is all about, or are 'we the people' what a political party is all about?

And who has whom outnumbered?

MsDoodahs
09-02-2009, 11:47 AM

we surround them....

very becky....

erowe1
09-02-2009, 12:01 PM
Gee, I don't know. Are the people in the 'smoke filled rooms' what a political party in a represenative republic is all about, or are 'we the people' what a political party is all about?

Well, the last time we had a nationwide referendum for all Republicans, the 2008 presidential primary, it turned out that Ron Paul got about 10% of the votes, the guy that the smoke filled room guys picked way back at the beginning, John McCain ended up winning it, and most of the Republicans who didn't vote for him voted for two other guys who are equally blatantly committed to increasing the size of government. So I'd say they outnumber us. And I also think that we're naive if we don't think the so-called smoke filled rooms continue to characterize the way the GOP is led or if we think we're not up against a powerful organization when we oppose them. We're definitely the outsiders, and we're better off knowing that than not knowing it.

acptulsa
09-02-2009, 12:04 PM
Well, the last time we had a nationwide referendum for all Republicans, the 2008 presidential primary, it turned out that Ron Paul got about 10% of the votes, the guy that the smoke filled room guys picked way back at the beginning, John McCain ended up winning it, and most of the Republicans who didn't vote for him voted for two other guys who are equally blatantly committed to increasing the size of government. So I'd say they outnumber us. And I also think that we're naive if we don't think the so-called smoke filled rooms continue to characterize the way the GOP is led or if we think we're not up against a powerful organization when we oppose them. We're definitely the outsiders, and we're better off knowing that than not knowing it.

Very true all 'round. But we're closer to where their hearts are. And if we can get their minds on business (and we are) we can do some real good.

I think it's a finer line than you make it seem.

max
Marco Rubio is a FRAUD.

He belongs to the gang at the Soros/Rockefeller ASPEN Institute. He talks like a conservative...but he'll turn out to be just like Crist once elected......

Todd
His conservative reading list mentions Rush Limbaugh and Dinesh D'Sousza

georgiaboy
09-02-2009, 12:13 PM

Assuming you're correct, given all the everyday folks who opposed the bailouts, attended tea parties, town hall meetings, etc., and seen their "Republican" representatives vote against their wishes, do you get any sense that a shift may be occurring? A calling of bluffs, so to speak?

Or are all these protestations just coming from outsiders?

Bucjason
09-02-2009, 12:56 PM
Marco Rubio is a FRAUD.

He belongs to the gang at the Soros/Rockefeller ASPEN Institute. He talks like a conservative...but he'll turn out to be just like Crist once elected......

I hope you're wrong about that . I live in Florida and I'm hoping Rubio turns out to be a real alternative to Charlie Dumbass Christ.

erowe1
09-02-2009, 01:26 PM
Assuming you're correct, given all the everyday folks who opposed the bailouts, attended tea parties, town hall meetings, etc., and seen their "Republican" representatives vote against their wishes, do you get any sense that a shift may be occurring? A calling of bluffs, so to speak?

Or are all these protestations just coming from outsiders?

It's definitely possible. I have mixed thoughts about it. I definitely don't want to be a pessimist. And one life lesson that the game of chess taught me is to keep fighting against the odds, because even though you usually end up just as bad off as if you resigned when you were down, every once in awhile your opponent makes a crucial mistake and you come back to win. But the only way ever to take advantage of those opportunities is to stay in the fight every time and be ready to lose, and then lose again, and then lose again, before that one time you win. The way I see the current situation is a lot like the run up to 1994. I hope it turns out better. I don't expect it to, but I won't say it can't, and our best chance of making sure it does is if we're vigilant and we don't let ourselves get taken in by phony conservatives who use diversionary means of making all those tea party types think they're different than all those so-called RINOs when they're hardly different at all. I see Rubio and Toomey as two good examples of that.

max
09-02-2009, 01:31 PM
I hope you're wrong about that . I live in Florida and I'm hoping Rubio turns out to be a real alternative to Charlie Dumbass Christ.

I would love to be wrong...but no true "conservative" would have anything to do with the Aspen Institute for Humanistic Studies (it's original name)

Aspen promotes globalism and "bipartisanship"...

We have a problem with RINOs...but there are plenty of CINOs too that we have to be aware of. Rubio, Trey Grayson, and Mike Steele all claim to be "conservatives"...but they all affiliated themselves with this left wing think tank's recruting program

http://www.csrwire.com/press/press_release/18860-Aspen-Institute-Names-Top-Young-Elected-Officials-to-Its-Third-Class-Of-Aspen-Rodel-Fellows

LittleLightShining
09-02-2009, 01:32 PM
This will probably be a good strategy in red states but will likely not work in blue states. If you take a liberal state with some Republican incumbents, no matter how RINO they are, they will run unopposed because the party is too afraid they will lose ground. The only time the GOP (in VT) runs primaries is if a seat is not currently held by a Republican.

I'm thinking of challenging this policy myself next year. We shall see.

Cowlesy
09-02-2009, 01:36 PM
Richard Viguerie trying to collect some more email addresses perhaps?

kahless
09-02-2009, 01:40 PM
The problem is we have no media outlet. FNC comes close in some areas like with Beck and the favorable tea party converage but for the most part they celebrate the RINO's and Neocons. Without a national media outlet the average joe is only going to hear about Huckabees, Gingrichs and the Guiliani's.

acptulsa
09-02-2009, 01:42 PM
We have the 'net. We have legs and mouths. We have them scared.

Bucjason
09-02-2009, 01:49 PM
I would love to be wrong...but no true "conservative" would have anything to do with the Aspen Institute for Humanistic Studies (it's original name)

Aspen promotes globalism and "bipartisanship"...

We have a problem with RINOs...but there are plenty of CINOs too that we have to be aware of. Rubio, Trey Grayson, and Mike Steele all claim to be "conservatives"...but they all affiliated themselves with this left wing think tank's recruting program

http://www.csrwire.com/press/press_release/18860-Aspen-Institute-Names-Top-Young-Elected-Officials-to-Its-Third-Class-Of-Aspen-Rodel-Fellows

Yeah but Jim Demint , who I have alot of respect for , says good things about Rubio and endorsed him , so I am holding out some hope on him.

FSP-Rebel
09-02-2009, 01:57 PM
This will probably be a good strategy in red states but will likely not work in blue states. If you take a liberal state with some Republican incumbents, no matter how RINO they are, they will run unopposed because the party is too afraid they will lose ground. The only time the GOP (in VT) runs primaries is if a seat is not currently held by a Republican.

I'm thinking of challenging this policy myself next year. We shall see.
Just a suggestion, but you'd be better off going east and joining us in the LFOD state. Our lower taxes should be a draw in and of itself and our landscape is just as beautiful.

LittleLightShining
09-02-2009, 02:00 PM
Just a suggestion, but you'd be better off going east and joining us in the LFOD state. Our lower taxes should be a draw in and of itself and our landscape is just as beautiful.

I'm not moving, though I do like NH very much.

max
09-02-2009, 02:24 PM
Yeah but Jim Demint , who I have alot of respect for , says good things about Rubio and endorsed him , so I am holding out some hope on him.

I agree that he cant be worse than Crist.... I really hate the whole lesser of two evils thing.....

This Aspen thing really troubles me.

BillyDkid
09-02-2009, 05:42 PM
You know, I don't really get that RINO acronym. It isn't as though the GOP has stood for anything much good in my life time that I remember. The people you call RINOs are, in fact, the GOP. Neither of the two big parties operates by any set of guiding principles that I can tell.

paulitics
09-02-2009, 06:03 PM
Very true all 'round. But we're closer to where their hearts are. And if we can get their minds on business (and we are) we can do some real good.

I think it's a finer line than you make it seem.

I believe this is true. Freedom, low taxes, opportunity is the heart and soul of America. This is what people want deep down (except for a small minority who really want socailism and fascism)

The problem is that the politicians lie before they get elected, using word manipulation, and the average Joe is not sophisticated to understand it.
They also use fear, but can only use fear of ONE GROUP for so long before it wears out. Communists, Muslims, now it appears to be White, Christian Male conservatives and Libertarians, who believe in the 2nd amendment, or your average Bubba is the enemy.

This is why it is important to expose who the masters are, and the think tanks and foundations that groom them, CFR, etc. If they aren't exposed we just get globalists rhinos that betray those who voted them in.

speciallyblend
09-02-2009, 06:05 PM
You know, I don't really get that RINO acronym. It isn't as though the GOP has stood for anything much good in my life time that I remember. The people you call RINOs are, in fact, the GOP. Neither of the two big parties operates by any set of guiding principles that I can tell.

beginning to think you might be related to me ,hehe;)

Bucjason
09-02-2009, 09:23 PM

Yes , but most republicans at least give lip service to what the platform says they are supposed to stand for ; lower taxes , smaller government , free markets solutions, etc.

The republicans who don't even pretend to want any of these things any longer are RINO's.

Athan
09-02-2009, 11:56 PM
Let's not be making any snowballs, however...

I disagree. That shit makes for great tube vids.

AJ Antimony
09-03-2009, 12:07 AM
Common sense.

The only way to elect libertarian Republicans in Republican districts/states is to win the primary. With only "two real candidates" on the general election ballot, the REAL elections in this country happen in the primaries.

Remember, if Bob Conley can win a primary, then anyone can.

specsaregood
09-03-2009, 12:50 AM

Demint is part of "The Family" cult which teaches that those chosen for leadership are above morality. Not exactly a ringing endorsement there.

Bucjason
09-03-2009, 07:29 AM
Demint is part of "The Family" cult which teaches that those chosen for leadership are above morality. Not exactly a ringing endorsement there.

What are you talking about ?? ...and post proof.

Jim Demint is does a great job , and for reasons like this :

YouTube - DeMint on Fox News with Glenn Beck about auditing Federal Reserve (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SM7ZuvxswMQ&feature=channel)

acptulsa
09-03-2009, 07:37 AM
Yes , but most republicans at least give lip service to what the platform says they are supposed to stand for ; lower taxes , smaller government , free markets solutions, etc.

The republicans who don't even pretend to want any of these things any longer are RINO's.

Oh, here we go. Vote for the one who says lies you want to hear, over the person who says lies you don't want to hear. Go for the pretty b.s. over the ugly b.s. And if you don't want to hear lies at all--too bad! That's democracy!!

Well, now--that's just exactly how the evangelicals ended abortion, isn't it? Oh wait... I mean how the evangelicals stopped their tax dollars from funding abortions. Oh, wait... Well, at least they got the budget balanced under Reagan. Oh, wait... :rolleyes:

Bucjason
09-03-2009, 08:08 AM
Oh, here we go. Vote for the one who says lies you want to hear, over the person who says lies you don't want to hear. Go for the pretty b.s. over the ugly b.s. And if you don't want to hear lies at all--too bad! That's democracy!!

Well, now--that's just exactly how the evangelicals ended abortion, isn't it? Oh wait... I mean how the evangelicals stopped their tax dollars from funding abortions. Oh, wait... Well, at least they got the budget balanced under Reagan. Oh, wait... :rolleyes:

Question: how do you know who is B.S.ing you ?? You only get that far in politics if you are a MASTER of B.S. , LOL.

acptulsa
09-03-2009, 08:11 AM
Question: how do you know who is B.S.ing you ?? You only get that far in politics if you are a MASTER of B.S. , LOL.

Voting records work. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me two, four or six years later, I have no excuse.

19% of the population approved of the bailouts, yet 81% of the bailout voters were reelected. No excuse for that. I don't care if you are a team player, that's just shooting yourself in the foot.

Republicans need to figure out where the goal line is. Then perhaps they'll be able to figure out which leaders are actually on their team.

It used to be a promise and a quarter would buy you a cup of coffee. Of course, both parties have enabled the Fed to turn that one into an anachronism. But the promise still doesn't get you a discount...

raystone
09-03-2009, 08:11 AM
Aren't the ones who believe in expanding government the ones who make up the core of the party and dominate its leadership?

These are two very different groups - >

"Those who make up the core of the party" - just want to be left alone and fighting to stop socialized healthcare, and bigger government.

"Dominate its leadership" - RINOs

RM918
09-03-2009, 10:24 AM
These are two very different groups - >

"Those who make up the core of the party" - just want to be left alone and fighting to stop socialized healthcare, and bigger government.

"Dominate its leadership" - RINOs

I find that very difficult to believe, that 'core' of the party being the same ones that shunned Paul in '08 and pushed for the wars. What they're really against is bigger /Democrat-controlled/ government, and they're proving it in spades with their blatant hypocrisy these days.

raystone
09-03-2009, 10:54 AM
I find that very difficult to believe, that 'core' of the party being the same ones that shunned Paul in '08 and pushed for the wars. What they're really against is bigger /Democrat-controlled/ government, and they're proving it in spades with their blatant hypocrisy these days.

The unconstitutional invasions were initiated by Bush and Republicans in Congress, not grassroots. Most of the base jumped on the Support Our Troops bandwagon after the invasions.

To make generalizations about the entire Republican party grassroots is like saying all Christians were behind the crusades.

It's not about the parties, it's about voters. Do you still think the Libertarian Party is "pure" after pushing Bob Barr for POTUS ?

georgiaboy
09-03-2009, 11:22 AM
It's definitely possible. I have mixed thoughts about it. I definitely don't want to be a pessimist. And one life lesson that the game of chess taught me is to keep fighting against the odds, because even though you usually end up just as bad off as if you resigned when you were down, every once in awhile your opponent makes a crucial mistake and you come back to win. But the only way ever to take advantage of those opportunities is to stay in the fight every time and be ready to lose, and then lose again, and then lose again, before that one time you win. The way I see the current situation is a lot like the run up to 1994. I hope it turns out better. I don't expect it to, but I won't say it can't, and our best chance of making sure it does is if we're vigilant and we don't let ourselves get taken in by phony conservatives who use diversionary means of making all those tea party types think they're different than all those so-called RINOs when they're hardly different at all. I see Rubio and Toomey as two good examples of that.

Yeah, mixed thoughts here, too. I tend to give the primary voters the benefit of the doubt. They are the real deal, small gov't, rule of law, leave me alone, bootstrapping land of opportunity types. I do think they're capable of catching on about who the real deal candidates are. Our continued vigilance I agree is mandatory, especially reminding folks about the bailouters, TARPers, Med-D'ers, ....

Primaries are the easiest way, but continuing to beat the drum about jumping to a third party if we don't get a good candidate out of primaries for the general is also necessary. Voters need to know they have that freedom and can elect a third party, choosing wisely on principle. However, taking the long view and knowing that even a principled loss is better in the long run than a compromised win needs to be part of the formula for overall success.

erowe1
09-03-2009, 11:57 AM

Here are some ways to tell that the politicians others think are conservatives really aren't:
1) They offer praise to small government and freedom as abstractions, but without sticking their necks out to commit to specific things that their voting records can be compared to.
2) They rail against earmarks/pork barrel spending, as if these items are a major part of the problem of the size of the federal budget.
3) They fashion themselves as "pro-business," thus tapping into the myth that anything "pro-business" must be pro-free market, when their specific "pro-business" commitments are anti-free market.
4) They attempt to offer the same promises as the left, using different means of accomplishing them, and claiming that their means are conservative ones because they incorporate pseudo-free market features, such as an element of competition, or having the government use private contractors instead of its own employees.
5) They are for less government on a whole slew of issues that they don't care about very much, issues where they are happy to compromise. But on those few issues that they consider most important, the ones they will zealously fight for, happen to be issues where what they want is bigger government (How many times did you hear "conservatives" forgive McCain for all the big-government things they didn't like about him just because they agreed with him on what they considered the single most important issue, which also happened to be a big government thing--the Iraq War?).
6) Here's a generalization that includes 2 and 4 above but may also include other things-- They want to make government more efficient.

I'm sure others here can come up with some more of the ways pseudo-conservatives package their liberalism in ways that are often successful in attracting conservative support.

specsaregood
09-22-2009, 08:36 AM
What are you talking about ?? ...and post proof.

He has never hidden his association with the group, its even on wiki. (Or it was, it seems that ever since a book came out exposing these guys, there has been some MAJOR editing.

Here is the version where his name was removed:
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=The_Family_%28Christian_political_ organization%29&diff=315212325&oldid=315211841

Here is another article talking about him residing at the "C Street" abode.
http://www.whorunsgov.com/Profiles/Jim_DeMint

DeMint is also one of many boarders at C Street, a townhouse frequented by Christian lawmakers who counsel each other and study the Bible. The townhouse is run by an Arlington-based network of Christian non-profits known as "The Fellowship", which seeks to advance its values through political ties. Other residents of the house include Sens. Tom Coburn (R-Okla.), John Ensign (R-Nev.), and Rep. Heath Shuler (D-N.C.). Former residents are ex-House Member and South Carolina Gov. Mark Sanford (R). Belts, Emily and Pitts, Edward Lee, The World Magazine, "The C Street House," June 26, 2009. (14)

If you do a little research on the group you will find that what I claim is truthful.
It's neocon central over there.

constituent
09-22-2009, 08:52 AM
lol.

constituent
09-22-2009, 08:53 AM
YouTube - DeMint on Fox News with Glenn Beck about auditing Federal Reserve (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SM7ZuvxswMQ&feature=channel)

...and the product shot

max
09-22-2009, 09:03 AM
Crist may be a RINO.....but Rubio is a CINO (Conservative in Name Only)

Rubio is affilaited with the left wing ASPEN Institute...a Soros/Rockefeller funded think tank that promotes "bipartisanship"

Google: Rubio Aspen Rodel

constituent
09-22-2009, 09:18 AM
Crist may be a RINO.....but Rubio is a CINO (Conservative in Name Only)

Rubio is affilaited with the left wing ASPEN Institute...a Soros/Rockefeller funded think tank that promotes "bipartisanship"

Google: Rubio Aspen Rodel

"rino... cino... glenn beck... rubio..." does the insanity never cease?

(just to clarify, i'm not talking about you, but the situation itself.)

kahless
09-22-2009, 10:30 AM
removed. site bugged

kahless
09-22-2009, 10:31 AM
A 6 year term is way too long. We have another 5 years of RINO Lyndsey Graham who the media loves. After the current media's RINO love darling John McCain loses they will likely spotlight Graham in his place. How do we get rid of this clown without having to wait? Is there any precedent for having a recall?

max
09-22-2009, 10:37 AM
A 6 year term is way too long. We have another 5 years of RINO Lyndsey Graham who the media loves. After the current media's RINO love darling John McCain loses they will likely spotlight Graham in his place. How do we get rid of this clown without having to wait? Is there any precedent for having a recall?

only way to get rid of Flimsey Grahmnesty is to out him as a homosexual.

LittleLightShining
09-22-2009, 10:46 AM
Is there any precedent for having a recall?I think it depends on your state.