PDA

View Full Version : Why are you here instead of "Grassroots Central?"

Ian A.
09-01-2009, 09:45 PM
There wasn't always a General Politics. Grassroots Central was the gathering place. Makes sense: if your not part of the grassroots movement, there's not much point in being here.

General Politics seems to have a much different feel. More anger, less progress. Threads with ideas don't get many hits or replies, but hating on Teddy is all the rage! I didn't like the guy either, but I would rather talk about pushing legislation or something proactive.

I suppose RPF getting hits is a good thing, but it depresses me that there's 60 members here at any given time, and just a dozen in Liberty Candidates.

james1906
09-01-2009, 09:48 PM
Grassroots was really about the presidential election in '08. RP isn't running this year, and next year he's running against token opposition, so there's not really much going on there.

nathanmn
09-01-2009, 11:45 PM
I agree with the OP. I think the whole "campaign for liberty" and "2010 candidates" should be listed top in the forums, and all of these more general discussion forums should be towards the bottom. We're gearing up again for elections, and I think anything that lends towards this place having more of a grassroots place of action feel would be good.

Dreamofunity
09-02-2009, 12:28 AM
I enjoy general political discussion.

nobody's_hero
09-02-2009, 01:19 AM
I enjoy general political discussion.

Yeah, me too. I think that was the problem. We had so many general discussion topics in the Grassroots forum that it really didn't have much activism going on. It is amazing what some minor shifting towards the top of the page will do. Josh is a skilled manipulator. :D

pahs1994
09-02-2009, 01:31 AM
I agree with the OP. I think the whole "campaign for liberty" and "2010 candidates" should be listed top in the forums, and all of these more general discussion forums should be towards the bottom. We're gearing up again for elections, and I think anything that lends towards this place having more of a grassroots place of action feel would be good.

I agree. Projetcs and 2010 stuff should be the top of the page. General politics should be down lower

carlangaslangas
09-02-2009, 02:16 AM
I agree. Projetcs and 2010 stuff should be the top of the page. General politics should be down lower

I agree. Maybe a poll to find out if everyone likes this?

lynnf
09-02-2009, 06:38 AM
There wasn't always a General Politics. Grassroots Central was the gathering place. Makes sense: if your not part of the grassroots movement, there's not much point in being here.

General Politics seems to have a much different feel. More anger, less progress. Threads with ideas don't get many hits or replies, but hating on Teddy is all the rage! I didn't like the guy either, but I would rather talk about pushing legislation or something proactive.

I suppose RPF getting hits is a good thing, but it depresses me that there's 60 members here at any given time, and just a dozen in Liberty Candidates.

I was a frequent visitor to Grassroots Central until the reorganization of the forum a few months ago. Grassroots Central was put under Campaign for Liberty, so, since my posts are typically of a general politics nature and not specifically Campaign for Liberty, I started posting in General Politics. simple.

lynn

Liberty Star
09-02-2009, 08:13 AM
I suspect because it's off season for Presidential elections : -)

Feenix566
09-02-2009, 08:18 AM
I always just click "New Posts", so I see the most recently updated threads first, regardless of what sub-forum they're in.

pcosmar
09-02-2009, 08:26 AM
Discussion
Current events, education, and social.

I am broke and unemployed. Constant nagging for money is annoying. I support and help with those projects that I can.
I do not want to be a negitive influence on those that I see as pointless. So I don't comment on them, as a rule.
Local politics should remain local. There is little in my area, but I speak with local people on the issues.