PDA

View Full Version : Does Racism make the top ten list?

Manji2012
09-01-2009, 04:58 PM
Who here thinks that Racism makes the top ten list of issues this country faces?

I do not. I think it exists and is a problem but, it is not on the top ten list.

I think the top ten list is:

1.) The Economy
2.) The Value of the dollar
3.) Foreign Policy
4.) Big Government
5.) Not having a free market
6.) The Federal Reserve
7.) Unconstitutional Legislation
8.) Socialized Health Care
9.) Government interference with education
10.) Corporations

Sometimes I wish I could never have to hear complaints about racism that the whole country needs to change because of it.

Sometimes I think I should abandoned trying to restore the Republic because I am a Black man and the Republic does not want me in it. What I am going to do, I dunno. I guess I will try to get adopted by a Native American nation or become a citizen of Ethiopia and try to establish a Republic there. I am confident if I learn the language and history the people will accept me as an Ethiopian. I am confident they will not be racist towards me because, I am a Black Man. Where as White people in this Republic will always deny me my rights because I a Black Man.

I dunno, I do not think racism is that bad where Black people are being denied rights. I do think Black people should support the principles of the Constitution.

Cowlesy
09-01-2009, 05:11 PM
lol @ "white people in this republic will always deny me my rights because I a Black Man"

Come on man, would the Freedom Movement have gone anywhere if it were just a bunch of racists?

At least in NY where I campaigned, we were a diverse bunch...not because it was forced by some urban policy, but because the message resonated with all races, religions ---- it's all about the message.

As for Ron Paul, I still get a laugh out of this page.

http://dynw.com/ronpaulisracist/

MelissaWV
09-01-2009, 05:12 PM
A large number of your "top ten" could be considered to be repeats. The economy is linked, for instance, to the dollar and the Fed.

Racism makes some people's Top Ten because it is woven into their daily lives, or so they believe. Really most of it is classism, but that's its own story. People tend to concentrate on what impacts them most. Your list, for instance, omits 2nd Amendment issues. To some people that may be one of the most vital things.

Energy policy and the Environment are very important to others.

"Keeping jobs at home" or "Buying American" might be most important to someone else.

I think the key thing is that we would all benefit greatly from realizing the system, which we could all make use of to lobby for what we desire, is broken. We need to fix the system, get back to a smaller, accountable Government, and THEN start to really scrutinize the issues on a community level.

Just my $0.02.

dannno
09-01-2009, 05:16 PM
If you really study history you will find that government often enables racism rather than quell it, and I don't know that there is any real evidence that government can force people not to be racist.

paulitics
09-01-2009, 05:28 PM
Who here thinks that Racism makes the top ten list of issues this country faces?

I do not. I think it exists and is a problem but, it is not on the top ten list.

I think the top ten list is:

1.) The Economy
2.) The Value of the dollar
3.) Foreign Policy
4.) Big Government
5.) Not having a free market
6.) The Federal Reserve
7.) Unconstitutional Legislation
8.) Socialized Health Care
9.) Government interference with education
10.) Corporations

Sometimes I wish I could never have to hear complaints about racism that the whole country needs to change because of it.

Sometimes I think I should abandoned trying to restore the Republic because I am a Black man and the Republic does not want me in it. What I am going to do, I dunno. I guess I will try to get adopted by a Native American nation or become a citizen of Ethiopia and try to establish a Republic there. I am confident if I learn the language and history the people will accept me as an Ethiopian. I am confident they will not be racist towards me because, I am a Black Man. Where as White people in this Republic will always deny me my rights because I a Black Man.

I dunno, I do not think racism is that bad where Black people are being denied rights. I do think Black people should support the principles of the Constitution.

The media and liberals incessant obsession with everything about race is a concern of mine, yes. I don't trust their motives. They are trying to divide us all.

Objectivist
09-01-2009, 05:31 PM
Racism exists in the form of what is commonly known as reverse racism. The "Hate Whitey" crowd is growing louder. Like I had anything to with someone else's shortcomings.

amy31416
09-01-2009, 05:34 PM
I think that if you put all the "isms" into one bucket, racism, sexism, classism, partisanism--all those things that keep us seeing other ordinary Americans as "the enemy," it would definitely make the top 10 list. At least in my book.

Government won't help us solve those problems, they'll just aggravate them for political gain.

Liberty Star
09-01-2009, 05:58 PM
Son of an African man is running America now, some say that was result of voters "compensation" for Iraqi freedom crowds racism towards Iraqi civilians. All America can't be blamed, there is some racist mentality behind supporting Israeli settlements over Palestinian land by claiming that God has racial preference for some races over other but that's limited to a vocal extremist minority. Moderate majority is not into racial issues.

BlackTerrel
09-01-2009, 07:43 PM
That post confused me. So your plan is to move to Ethiopia?