PDA

View Full Version : Judge silences defendant with duct tape

BlackTerrel
09-01-2009, 02:59 PM
I got this in an email:

http://www.cantonrep.com/communities/canton/x1886195990/Canton-judge-orders-silence-in-the-court-with-duct-tape

Basically they appointed a shitty public defender. The defendant has an issue with it so the judge shuts him up with duct tape, doesn't listen to the evidence and gives him probable cause. Gotta love our system.

mczerone
09-01-2009, 06:42 PM
I got this in an email:

http://www.cantonrep.com/communities/canton/x1886195990/Canton-judge-orders-silence-in-the-court-with-duct-tape

Basically they appointed a shitty public defender. The defendant has an issue with it so the judge shuts him up with duct tape, doesn't listen to the evidence and gives him probable cause. Gotta love our system.

Stop owning it. It's Judge Belden's system, not ours.

Dr.3D
09-01-2009, 06:45 PM
I seem to remember a teacher who did that to one of her students. It made the news and people were all upset.

phill4paul
09-01-2009, 06:49 PM
It made the news and people were all upset.

Great quote. I laugh at you, realizing, we are the same.:D

mport1
09-01-2009, 06:52 PM
Thats what happens when you have monopolies. We should strive to get rid of government courts so we can have all the benefits competition brings.

literatim
09-01-2009, 06:55 PM
Thats what happens when you have monopolies. We should strive to get rid of government courts so we can have all the benefits competition brings.

Yeah, let's go with private courts where you always get the verdict you want.

Dr.3D
09-01-2009, 06:56 PM
Great quote. I laugh at you, realizing, we are the same.:D
Clink on it.... it's a link.

phill4paul
09-01-2009, 07:01 PM
Clink on it.... it's a link.

Oh yes, the sig and picture are apropos.

I was talking about....

"It made the news and people were upset."

Seems about the extent of everything that has arisen from any new outrage. I just might make a t-shirt of it for myself.

edit: Dammnit...now you have me thinking of a song. See what you can start w/out even tryin'.