PDA

View Full Version : Even Romney is Nervous

wgadget
09-28-2007, 06:34 PM
http://www.reuters.com/article/politicsNews/idUSN2844734020070928

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Republican presidential hopeful Mitt Romney's campaign strategists are attempting to assure supporters his candidacy is on solid ground despite placing third or fourth in most national polls.

At the same time, the Romney camp is trying to lower expectations about his ability to win both of two key January contests, the Iowa caucuses and the New Hampshire primary, saying it is doubtful he would be able to carry both.

Most national polls have Romney running in third or fourth place behind Rudy Giuliani, Fred Thompson and John McCain with less than 10 percent support in the race for the Republican nomination ahead of the November 2008 election.

Ron Paul Wins Again!

LibertyEagle
09-28-2007, 06:36 PM
Yeah, but the problem is that he's not afraid of Dr. Paul. At least, YET. We're still polling in the 2-3% range. We're no threat yet, unfortunately.

wgadget
09-28-2007, 06:37 PM
Perhaps not. However, it seems that they're all going down, and Dr. Paul's star is rising. Maybe it's just my biased perception....?

Chester Copperpot
09-28-2007, 06:38 PM
Yeah, but the problem is that he's not afraid of Dr. Paul. At least, YET. We're still polling in the 2-3% range. We're no threat yet, unfortunately.

4% Now,, Thankyou very much. heh.. and 10% among 18-29 yr olds

paulitics
09-28-2007, 06:48 PM
I wish these guys would run attack ads on each other already. They are way to congenial with each other. Ron Paul could come out smelling like a rose after they bloody each other up.

Marshall
09-28-2007, 06:49 PM
Maybe he should loan himself another 20 or 30 million to acquire more 'super' volunteers.

syborius
09-28-2007, 06:53 PM
4% Now,, Thankyou very much. heh.. and 10% among 18-29 yr olds

If only the polls weren't rigged and Ron Paul would be included when they call those land lines. :mad:

Ninja Homer
09-28-2007, 07:01 PM
Everybody knows how those polls work, right?

To poll the Republicans, they'll call a list of people who have been registered as Republican for a while, usually a list from the last Presidential election, and they call the list on land-lines.

These polls are missing any Ron Paul supporters that:

are young voters
don't have land-lines
weren't previously registered
haven't voted in a long time
vote 3rd party
vote Democrat

That's a lot of Ron Paul supporters left out of the polls.

Now take into account that a very large percentage of Ron Paul supporters will vote in the primaries compared to the other Republican candidates, and I think Ron Paul already has a very good chance of taking the primary.

Johnnybags
09-28-2007, 07:08 PM
Its an open race in NH. Paul is not 3-4% and Romney is not in the 20's. These people are live free or diers. Romney is not well liked there though he will get is obligatory teen percent, FRED is less liked, McCain will contend with Romney the vets love him and the Ghouls has the business community and neocon diehards. I doubt anyone gets over 20. We need 50-60k votes for respect, 80-100k to win. If there 1000 people around tomorrow in Manchester, we make em find 6 to 10 converts and make them find more. The republican party cannot stand up to the independents there. Paul needs to get around there soon now the we seeded him. No excuse.

PrimarilyPaul
09-28-2007, 07:30 PM
Now take into account that a very large percentage of Ron Paul supporters will vote in the primaries compared to the other Republican candidates, and I think Ron Paul already has a very good chance of taking the primary.

But only if they've registered as Republicans in closed primary states: http://www.primarilypaul.com/ron-paul-in-the-primaries/

LibertyEagle
09-28-2007, 07:32 PM
Perhaps not. However, it seems that they're all going down, and Dr. Paul's star is rising. Maybe it's just my biased perception....?

Yeah, I think you're right. It's kind of funny how they're all trying to reset expectations, eh? :D

Chester Copperpot
09-28-2007, 07:32 PM
If only the polls weren't rigged and Ron Paul would be included when they call those land lines. :mad:

Thats allright.,. everything is happening for a reason.. If the polls are as skewed as we think, this is going to be the greaest upset in political history

by the time the competition knows what hit em.. itll be too late.

LibertyEagle
09-28-2007, 07:34 PM
Its an open race in NH. Paul is not 3-4% and Romney is not in the 20's. These people are live free or diers. Romney is not well liked there though he will get is obligatory teen percent, FRED is less liked, McCain will contend with Romney the vets love him and the Ghouls has the business community and neocon diehards. I doubt anyone gets over 20. We need 50-60k votes for respect, 80-100k to win. If there 1000 people around tomorrow in Manchester, we make em find 6 to 10 converts and make them find more. The republican party cannot stand up to the independents there. Paul needs to get around there soon now the we seeded him. No excuse.

I'm not questioning anything you wrote, just wondering if you live in New Hampshire?