PDA

View Full Version : 4 Gun Rights Enthusiast: What matters?

Lord Xar
09-28-2007, 06:07 PM
what other two points are good to tie in with Gun Rights?

I was thinking...

1. Abolish the IRS
2. Champion of the Constitution

SO, if you were pinging -- gun right enthusiasts only.. what 1 or 2 other issues would be most important to them?

Also, does Ron Paul want to specifically end the IRS or the Federal Income Tax?

Please advise asap?

ctb619
09-28-2007, 06:08 PM
I think border security is a huge issue for gun rights people.

libertythor
09-28-2007, 06:09 PM
Leave the abolishing the IRS for last. Immigration and less government should be the lead-ons.

fletcher
09-28-2007, 06:10 PM
I think border security is a huge issue for gun rights people.

Yep.

pcosmar
09-28-2007, 06:13 PM
The Real ID.--Registration
Health record privacy.--New brady bill

quickmike
09-28-2007, 06:16 PM
Im sort of a gun nut.

For me, its about being able to protect yourself when the cops are off somewhere eating donuts and doing other things to "serve" the people........... like giving out speeding tickets, busting some grandma with glaucoma whos growing a pot plant in her living room, busting Jay walkers................ you know, important stuff. What better deterent for "islamo-fascist terrorists" to know that there are 100 million gun freaks out there just welcoming them to our door step?

Then again, there are alot of gun people who are all about going all over the world and "kickin' ass" in other countries too. Those are the ones who need to be worked on. The "THESE COLORS DO NOT RUN!!!" crowd.

SWATH
09-28-2007, 06:16 PM
getting rid of the BATFE!

Givemelibertyor.....
09-28-2007, 06:17 PM
I believe that the BATF is tied to the IRS. That's pretty important.........

Overturning the Brady Bill is like the Holy Grail for gun rights advocates.

Lord Xar
09-28-2007, 06:18 PM
ok. Let me be more specific..

Its a 30 second ad for Supporters to Run in their Areas..

The Basis will herald Ron Pauls record BUT 30 seconds might be much, so I want to tie in 1 or 2 others issues that are pertinent to Gun Enthusisasts..

Any additional suggestions?

ctb619
09-28-2007, 06:20 PM

The Basis will herald Ron Pauls record BUT 30 seconds might be much, so I want to tie in 1 or 2 others issues that are pertinent to Gun Enthusisasts..

so issues that aren't directly related to second amendment rights?

Givemelibertyor.....
09-28-2007, 06:21 PM
Immigration and taxes.

PennCustom4RP
09-28-2007, 06:24 PM
I'd say secure borders and property/privacy rights.

LibertyEagle
09-28-2007, 06:24 PM
The IRS is a symptom. The disease is runaway government spending. If you're going to mention taxes, I would talk about ending the personal income tax and leave out mentioning the IRS. I can't remember the year and it would need to be verified, but people on here have said several times that all we'd have to do is rollback government spending to either 1996 or 2000 levels. I think that's important, because so many people do not understand how easy it would be and think Dr. Paul is talking crazy when he talks about totally doing away with the personal income tax and replacing it with NOTHING.

jgmaynard
09-28-2007, 06:25 PM
Private property - The Kelo decision is opposed by 98-99% of Americans.

JM

SouthernGuy15
09-28-2007, 06:35 PM
The entire Bill of Rights in general.

voortrekker
09-28-2007, 06:38 PM
1) get the U.S.A out of the U.N.

2) get rid of the BATF

3) Ron Paul's voting record shows he is second to none in support of the 2nd Am.

4) Secure our borders

5) National ID card

6) Patriot Act, etc

I am pretty certain that those gun owners that really know what the 2nd Amendment is for all support Ron Paul.

There's the gun owners and then there's the GUN OWNERS. The latter for the most part are highly active and very politically aware.

hope this helps.

SWATH
09-28-2007, 06:41 PM
Im sort of a gun nut.

For me, its about being able to protect yourself when the cops are off somewhere eating donuts and doing other things to "serve" the people........... like giving out speeding tickets, busting some grandma with glaucoma whos growing a pot plant in her living room, busting Jay walkers................ you know, important stuff. What better deterent for "islamo-fascist terrorists" to know that there are 100 million gun freaks out there just welcoming them to our door step?

Then again, there are alot of gun people who are all about going all over the world and "kickin' ass" in other countries too. Those are the ones who need to be worked on. The "THESE COLORS DO NOT RUN!!!" crowd.

I agree I frequent gun boards and am frankly AMAZED at the level of resistance against Ron Paul. The attacks on him are pure vitriol. I am stunned that these people (myself too) bitch and whine about the government being out of control in all areas especially with gun rights, they sound like they would treat Ron Paul like the second coming of Christ except bearing gifts of guns upon man. Nope, they treat him like a freakin' leaper. I can honestly say that he is more loathed on some boards than anyone else including Hillary. Instead they are infatuated with Fred Thompson.

I've concluded that most of this animosity comes from his foreign policy and his opposition to wars in Iraq and Iran. They call him the following: a coward, a pacifist, a pussy, an isolationist, kook, moonbat, rontard, ******, moron, libtard, America hater, Al Qeada sympathizer, Bin Laden apologist, and a national discrace who should be hanged for treason!

I am simply at a complete loss to explain it, I don't even know what to say, I am truly shocked. It is like there are talking about the worst person in the word or something. I never knew that freedom loving Americans would turn so rabid against a change in foreign fucking policy, especially one that is obviously defective. Anything less than middle East = glass parking lot and world = America is so distasteful to them they would rather destroy themselves than "surrender in defeat to Osama". They admit America has become a conquering empire and they think it is AWESOME!

They don't really care about his gun rights position because they think that they are unrealistic and that he couldn't do anything about them. They actually ding him for voting against protecting gun manufacturers from lawsuits and for not voting for a 3 day waiting period when the current was 5.

They think his economic policies are really really stupid and the Fed is the correct system to have.

Sorry I had to rant, I deal with it all the time.

I don't know what else to say, unbelievable.:eek::mad::eek::mad::eek::mad:

ChooseLiberty
09-28-2007, 07:05 PM
A lot of gun folks are ex-military and are still fighting wars that weren't won.

Nothing against people that served in the military BTW.

I agree I frequent gun boards and am frankly AMAZED at the level of resistance against Ron Paul. The attacks on him are pure vitriol. I am stunned that these people (myself too) bitch and whine about the government being out of control in all areas especially with gun rights, they sound like they would treat Ron Paul like the second coming of Christ except bearing gifts of guns upon man. Nope, they treat him like a freakin' leaper. I can honestly say that he is more loathed on some boards than anyone else including Hillary. Instead they are infatuated with Fred Thompson.

I've concluded that most of this animosity comes from his foreign policy and his opposition to wars in Iraq and Iran. They call him the following: a coward, a pacifist, a pussy, an isolationist, kook, moonbat, rontard, ******, moron, libtard, America hater, Al Qeada sympathizer, Bin Laden apologist, and a national discrace who should be hanged for treason!

I am simply at a complete loss to explain it, I don't even know what to say, I am truly shocked. It is like there are talking about the worst person in the word or something. I never knew that freedom loving Americans would turn so rabid against a change in foreign fucking policy, especially one that is obviously defective. Anything less than middle East = glass parking lot and world = America is so distasteful to them they would rather destroy themselves than "surrender in defeat to Osama". They admit America has become a conquering empire and they think it is AWESOME!

They don't really care about his gun rights position because they think that they are unrealistic and that he couldn't do anything about them. They actually ding him for voting against protecting gun manufacturers from lawsuits and for not voting for a 3 day waiting period when the current was 5.

They think his economic policies are really really stupid and the Fed is the correct system to have.

Sorry I had to rant, I deal with it all the time.

I don't know what else to say, unbelievable.:eek::mad::eek::mad::eek::mad:

Givemelibertyor.....
09-28-2007, 07:10 PM
What's hard to stomach is that they would support anti gunners (Giulani), and anti-gunners that don't even understand the laws they support (Fred and the Lautenberg Amendment) over Ron.

There's a gun show here next weekend, and I'll be there. Ron Paul shirt and a ton of slimjims. Frankberry and Ghouliani BEWARE!

Lesgov
09-28-2007, 07:10 PM
Swath is right, I've been working with gun shops and Gunowners 4 Paul. They sent out a survey to gun owners in NH, and 70% of the returns did not mind waiting periods for guns or registrations. What is this country coming to? I was shocked. My only answer for this is that maybe most gun owners have been in the military, and are used to being pricked ,punched, and documented in everything they do.

ksuguy
09-28-2007, 07:13 PM
The biggest one is gun rights of course. Then probably the border. The main issue that a lot of them have a problem with is foreign policy and the war.

I'm a big gun guy myself, and that is the one issue that gives me the most trouble when I'm trying to convince other people. The other problems are that they think Fred has a better chance of winning and they also think that Ron looks weak and uncharismatic. Basically they want John Wayne to be president. If they happen to be a veteran, it is even more difficult to talk to them since I have never served in the military.

RP4ME
09-28-2007, 07:21 PM
hey - what happened thsi week with the gun bill re: mental health - did it pass?

Givemelibertyor.....
09-28-2007, 07:23 PM
Not yet.

Most recent update is here: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=16838

SWATH
09-28-2007, 08:19 PM
hey - what happened thsi week with the gun bill re: mental health - did it pass?

Oh yea I forgot, they call people who are opposed to this bill a tin foil hat wearer. They think that this legislation is A-OK because the NRA supports it, well they also support the Patriot Act.:rolleyes::eek:

It is really really indistinguishable from fredthompsonforum.com

If you told me that they would react to the election like this 6 months ago I would never in a million years believed it. I mean they actually call people who want to get rid of the IRS unrealistic conspiracy kooks. WTF! It is almost like some subliminal new world order programming has just been activated and they are now crashing down on us.

They are not all like that but I would say a very vocal majority (at least on AR15.com)

Oh BTW the more sane ones really dislike the UN and want us OUT, so that would be good to pitch.

thuja
09-28-2007, 08:23 PM
privacy

ksuguy
09-28-2007, 08:29 PM
They are not all like that but I would say a very vocal majority (at least on AR15.com)

Depends on the board I'd guess. Gunsnet is about evenly split between Ron Paul and Fred Thompson.

thomaspaine23
09-28-2007, 08:30 PM

US out of the U.N, U.N. out of the US....
Borders
Paul one of only TWO current presidential candidates (both Rep and Dem) to
have served in the military...

Lord Xar
09-28-2007, 08:33 PM
Ron Paul has said "I will get US out of the UN!" ?

thomaspaine23
09-28-2007, 08:40 PM
Ron Paul has said "I will get US out of the UN!" ?

http://www.ronpaullibrary.org/document.php?id=825

http://www.ronpaullibrary.org/document.php?id=413

excerpt from 2nd link :

"The real question is whether we should redouble our efforts to save a failed system, or admit its failures-- as this legislation does-- and recognize that the only reasonable option is to cease participation without further costs to the United States in blood, money, and sovereignty. Do not be fooled: it is impossible to be against the United Nations and to support “reform” of the United Nations. The only true reform of the United Nations is for the US to withdraw immediately.
"

SWATH
09-28-2007, 08:55 PM
US out of the U.N, U.N. out of the US....
Borders
Paul one of only TWO current presidential candidates (both Rep and Dem) to
have served in the military...

I think the following people served in the military (I could be wrong though):

Ron Paul
Chris Dodd
Duncan Hunter
John McCain
ETA: Mike Gravel

thomaspaine23
09-28-2007, 08:58 PM
I think the following people served in the military (I could be wrong though):

Ron Paul
Chris Dodd
Duncan Hunter
John McCain

interesting, I'd have to check on dodd and hunter. Last i read only paul and mccain had been.

SWATH
09-28-2007, 09:13 PM
Oh and Mike Gravel was in the army

ctb619
09-28-2007, 09:18 PM
Dodd served in the peace corps....not the military