PDA

View Full Version : State Fair Work

samforpaul
08-31-2009, 09:31 PM
From what I heard there was a Rand Paul booth at the Kentucky State Fair manned by volunteers. Can anyone give a report? And thanks to all those who worked and volunteered.

ljwestmcsd
09-01-2009, 07:38 AM
The campaign got the booth on the third day (Saturday) when some company dropped out. The plan to go around handing out brochures that day was scrapped when only three of us showed up -- everyone else was scrambling to get supplies to fill up the booth. Soon, however, things were running very smoothly, considering how quickly everything was arranged. By Monday, you couldn't tell that everything was a last minute preparation.

The County Republican Party booth was on the next aisle over, with the state Democrat Party in a larger area (although smaller than in the past) about 100 feet away. Both had less people around it during the times I was there.

The only other candidate to have a booth was Democrat Darlene Price. When I went by, she was actually manning the booth herself, although when she saw my "I'm a Rand Fan" sticker, she refused to talk with me.

Bill Jefferson had some of his brochures at the County GOP booth, but I didn't see anything from Trey Grayson's campaign. I did see another empty area (not as good a location, however), so if Grayson's campaign was even half-way organized (or Conway's or Mongiardo's, for that matter), they could have seized on it and had a booth as well. The fact that they didn't (or couldn't) bodes well for the Rand campaign.

Ethek
09-01-2009, 08:49 AM
Grayson had a Sec of State booth with a video presentation in the core area of the expo center with a lot of state agencies. Treys name was remarkably absent. No mention what so ever of the campaign. Les Fugate (sp?) was there. He is one of Treys Campaign people. Mainly kids playing on Treys Jeopardy wall.

I was there the first Saturday and the last day. At times we had too many volunteers there. I heard that RyanSheets was the man there through the week... compliments from the next guy over. Sorry I couldn't have been there more but it was probably best not to have crowded.

During the heavier periods we tried to work the crowd. All on the LD, there was a venue manager always wanting to coral us back into the booth. There were plenty of positive responses. Also, the Lexington area supporters were very active the whole week in other parts of the state.

Jeremy Tyler
09-01-2009, 09:33 AM
It went really well. We gave out lots of info on paul. A lot of people knew about him, and even more didn't but were very receptive. I say we at least talked to 7000 people about rand if not more, wasn't there everyday but was there 5 days. Put in about 35 hours at the booth. Many took bumper stickers, and wore stickers and signed up for yard signs. One lady who was riding a scooter put a bumper sticker on the front of her cart and continued to ride around. We also had a audit the fed petition for Bunning and McConnell and we got pages and pages of those filled up. As said before we tended to have way more people at our booth than any other booth. Saw virtually no one at the greyson booth every time I went by it. One bad thing to point out though is alot of people think you say grandpa when you said rand paul. Sheets took some pics of me at the booth when we were leaving sat night, I'll see about getting them.

samforpaul
09-01-2009, 09:35 AM
Thanks for all the work you guys did. Good job!

KAYA
09-01-2009, 10:31 AM
Great news, thanks for sharing!

FSP-Rebel
09-01-2009, 12:30 PM
Great news, thanks for sharing!
Yes, keep them coming. It's very exciting to those of us who are too far away to be in the know.

Badger Paul
09-01-2009, 05:23 PM
Good work guys!

Objectivist
09-01-2009, 05:25 PM
:cool:

dr. hfn
09-01-2009, 05:47 PM
7000 people! Thats great work! Now start putting up the KentuckyFight.com flyer!

lx43
09-01-2009, 05:58 PM
Thank you for all your hard work guys :)

boat6868
09-03-2009, 07:59 AM
So you guys just hopped in an empty booth? If so that is awesome. The establishment would love that kind of dedication.