PDA

View Full Version : Kennedy and Dodd assault and dry hump a waitress.

max
08-31-2009, 06:51 PM
Here's a forgotten gem about these two champions of women's rights.....

one would think that after killing Mary Jo that Kennedy would have changed..

http://men.style.com/gq/features/full?id=content_5585&pageNum=5

A SOBER LOOK AT TED KENNEDY
As we celebrate fifty years of GQ, we take a look at some of the best journalism the magazine has published. In 1990, Michael Kelly—who later became the first American reporter to die in the Iraq war—gave us this memorable and devastatingly candid portrayal of the last Kennedy brother
Perhaps this seems unfair. From all available evidence, God created our elected officials to drink and screw around. Arrogance, too, is common. So is sexual recklessness (witness Gary Hart, Robert Bauman and Barney Frank); power dements as well as corrupts. But Kennedy’s behavior stands out. The two most infamous Terrible Teddy stories make the point. Both take place at Washington’s La Brasserie, where Kennedy is a favorite customer.
Brasserie I: In December 1985, just before he announced he would run for president in 1988, Kennedy allegedly manhandled a pretty young woman employed as a Brasserie waitress. The woman, Carla Gaviglio, declined to be quoted in this article, but says the following account, a similar version of which first appeared in Penthouse last year, is full and accurate:

It is after midnight and Kennedy and Dodd are just finishing up a long dinner in a private room on the first floor of the restaurant’s annex. They are drunk. Their dates, two very young blondes, leave the table to go to the bathroom. (The dates are drunk too. “They’d always get their girls very, very drunk,” says a former Brasserie waitress.) Betty Loh, who served the foursome, also leaves the room. Raymond Campet, the co-owner of La Brasserie, tells Gaviglio the senators want to see her.

As Gaviglio enters the room, the six-foot-two, 225-plus-pound Kennedy grabs the five-foot-three, 103-pound waitress and throws her on the table. She lands on her back, scattering crystal, plates and cutlery and the lit candles. Several glasses and a crystal candlestick are broken. Kennedy then picks her up from the table and throws her on Dodd, who is sprawled in a chair. With Gaviglio on Dodd’s lap, Kennedy jumps on top and begins rubbing his genital area against hers, supporting his weight on the arms of the chair. As he is doing this, Loh enters the room. She and Gaviglio both scream, drawing one or two dishwashers. Startled, Kennedy leaps up. He laughs. Bruised, shaken and angry over what she considered a sexual assault, Gaviglio runs from the room. Kennedy, Dodd and their dates leave shortly thereafter, following a friendly argument between the senators over the check.

Eyewitness Betty Loh told me that Kennedy had “three or four” cocktails in his first half hour at the restaurant and wine with dinner. When she walked into the room after Gaviglio had gone in, she says, “what I saw was Senator Kennedy on top of Carla, who was on top of Senator Dodd’s lap, and the tablecloth was sort of slid off the table ‘cause the table was knocked over—not completely, but just on Senator Dodd’s lap a little bit, and of course the glasses and the candlesticks were totally spilled and everything. And right when I walked in, Senator Kennedy jumped off…and he leaped up, composed himself and got up. And Carla jumped up and ran out of the room.”

Sic Semper Tyrannis
08-31-2009, 08:34 PM
I just got the nastiest mental image,..... and I think I threw up in my mouth a little bit.

Brian4Liberty
08-31-2009, 08:57 PM
Come on. It's not polite to talk about St. Kennedy's little indiscretions. Just "move on"... :rolleyes:

Even comedians like John Stewart don't have time for these minor issues (well, in his defense, he does have to save the time for his daily Sanford attack).

Brian4Liberty
08-31-2009, 09:01 PM
And from another thread:

If I remember the trial correctly, old Ted was walking around the house drunk that night in his underwear, with a drink in his hand, looking for available companions...

Ted Kennedy and South Florida -- the party's over (http://weblogs.sun-sentinel.com/news/columnists/mayo/blog/2009/08/ted_kennedy_and_south_florida.html)
> Posted by Michael Mayo on August 26, 2009 11:02 AM

Ted Kennedy is being remembered today as a political giant from a dynastic family, and he deserves all the tributes he gets for his leadership and ideals.

But when you think of Kennedy and South Florida, the image that sticks is of a raucous 1991 Easter weekend night out with his nephew, William Kennedy Smith.

The March night began at the Au Bar in Palm Beach, continued at the Kennedy family compound on the island, and ultimately ended up in a courtroom with the sensational rape trial of his nephew that became a media circus.

The William Kennedy Smith case was billed as the trial of the century (this was before O.J. Simpson), with live television coverage obscuring the face of the accuser with a big blue blob and making a star of Miami defense attorney Roy Black.

Smith was acquitted of sexual assault, helped in part by his uncle’s testimony at the December 1991 trial.

But the episode was a family embarrassment, one that the Chappaquiddick-stained Ted Kennedy could ill afford. It led to Kennedy finally sobering up and settling down.

Here’s how his Wikipedia entry puts it: “While not directly implicated in the case, Kennedy became the frequent butt of jokes on The Tonight Show and other late-night television programs. Time magazine said Kennedy was being perceived as a ‘Palm Beach boozer, lout and tabloid grotesque’ while Newsweek said Kennedy was ‘the living symbol of the family flaws.’ ”

December 2, 1991
Kennedy cousin rape trial begins (http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history.do?action=Article&id=1207)

Opening testimony takes place in the highly publicized rape trial of William Kennedy Smith, a nephew of President John F. Kennedy and son of Jean Kennedy Smith, the president’s sister and a former ambassador to Ireland. Smith, then a 30-year-old medical student at Georgetown University, was accused of sexually assaulting a 29-year-old Florida woman in the early hours of March 30, 1991, at the Kennedy family’s Palm Beach compound.

On the night of March 29, Smith went out in Palm Beach with his uncle, Senator Ted Kennedy, and cousin, Patrick Kennedy. They ended up at a night spot called Au Bar, where Smith met the accuser, who later accompanied him back to the Kennedy estate. Smith and the woman went for a walk on the beach, during which time Smith allegedly tackled and raped her. Taking the stand in his own defense in court, Smith testified he had sex with the woman but that it was consensual. At the trial, Judge Mary E. Lupo barred prosecutors from presenting testimony from three other women who claimed Smith had assaulted them.

JeNNiF00F00
08-31-2009, 09:27 PM
Dirty dirty old man. Karma caught up with him tho. :)