PDA

View Full Version : cuomo steals RP's material on hardball

hornet
09-28-2007, 05:34 PM
whats sad is the outrageous thing matthews says at the end.......thanks him for being the only person to bring this up....my god are these people really that stupid!?

http://video.msn.com/?mkt=en-us&brand=msnbc&tab=m5&rf=http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3036697/&fg=&from=00&vid=7642da1b-e4fd-42ac-bd26-76d26a5005ff&playlist=videoByTag:mk:us:vs:0:tag:Source_Hardball :ns:MSNVideo_Top_Cat:ps:10:sd:-1:ind:1:ff:8Ae

joshdvm
09-28-2007, 05:48 PM
(Obvious) question: What's Cuomo's motivation for singing this tune?

Oh, and anyone got that Dumbo Matthew's email?

hard@work
09-28-2007, 05:50 PM
(Obvious) question: What's Cuomo's motivation for singing this tune?

Oh, and anyone got that Dumbo Matthew's email?

They may be trying to lay groundwork in people's minds for this message to come from RP. The media does work in this way. It would be interesting for them to be doing it for RP.

Maybe someone really cares and is trying to help.

hard@work
09-28-2007, 05:53 PM
Actuall no. Now that I think about it he said it because it's the truth.

joshdvm
09-28-2007, 05:53 PM
They may be trying to lay groundwork in people's minds for this message to come from RP. The media does work in this way. It would be interesting for them to be doing it for RP.

Maybe someone really cares and is trying to help.

Thanks for your reply, but this makes absolutely no sense to me. Why would Cuomo be trying to establish legitimacy for RP? I can't believe that.

Edit:

Actuall no. Now that I think about it he said it because it's the truth.

Ah, but then my question is still answered because I don't assume a politician like this sleazebag is ever motivated by truth. What's his motivation to speak the truth? There has to be another motive. Maybe it's merely to boost his ego to try sound original and different.

hard@work
09-28-2007, 05:57 PM
Thanks for your reply, but this makes absolutely no sense to me. Why would Cuomo be trying to establish legitimacy for RP? I can't believe that.

Edit:

Ah, but then my question is still answered because I don't assume a politician like this sleazebag is ever motivated by truth. What's his motivation to speak the truth? There has to be another motive. Maybe it's just his ego, or something, to try sound original and different.

Why do democrats flock to Ron Paul? How can they achieve their political goals with their own party going against their will? What is going on is insanity. You don't think there are sane people left that have political clout? And if they wanted to speak out, could the speak out clearly for Ron Paul and maintain any type of legitimacy? Just speculation of course. But I stick to my comment afterwards about truth.

edit

And if he is indeed a sleazebag, he may still be sane enough to know we're heading off a cliff because of the crazies in both parties at the helm.

jj111
09-28-2007, 07:50 PM
Well it is a lot more sleazy for Chris Matthews to say Cuomo is the first person to say this, than for Cuomo to steal Ron's ideas. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Cuomo is probably saying it because he sees how it resonates when Ron Paul says it. They are all copying Ron Paul. The most dishonest thing is Matthews saying Cuomo is the first (and by implication, the only) person to say this since the beginning of the Iraq War.

Cowlesy
09-28-2007, 07:52 PM
Matthews is an idiot. Cuomo just reinforces that Paul's argument is the right one.

Let's leverage it, not flip out about it.

jj111
09-28-2007, 07:54 PM
How do we leverage it?

ItsTime
09-28-2007, 07:58 PM
How do we leverage it?

easy, people will start to talk about how the constitution says we shouldnt be in Iraq and when you here someone say that you bring up the fact that Ron Paul has been saying that since 2002 and was trying to get a vote to or not to go to war and congress refused.

Cowlesy
09-28-2007, 08:00 PM
Tomorrow when I am out campaigning on the streets in NY, if I run into Democrats I'll roll out "You know...interesting point, even Mario Cuomo (famous here) is an ardent supporter of Ron Paul's foreign policy".

joshdvm
09-28-2007, 08:03 PM
"easy, people will start to talk about how the constitution says we shouldnt be in Iraq and when you here someone say that you bring up the fact that Ron Paul has been saying that since 2002 and was trying to get a vote to or not to go to war and congress refused."

But then the liberals whine, "yeah, but Kucinich was against the war too..."

But Kucinich didn't object to unconstitutionality per se, just the fact that the invasion was a bad idea--is that correct?

Eli
09-28-2007, 08:13 PM
this is good! Keep pushing the constitutional thoughts. Ron Paul shouldn't be the only one saying this stuff.

frasu
09-28-2007, 09:12 PM
Well Cuomo could be from the same school of thought as Ron... After all is just shocking that people don't "notice" the Constitution... BUT Matthew, c'mon, he is a news man... no excuses... he should make some conections... so crazy... damn it...

Pete
09-28-2007, 09:24 PM
Cuomo is another CFR guy, so I presume he's not carrying water for Ron Paul. Maybe the DNC will draft him as the Democrat anti-war candidate? That would be a trip.

MsDoodahs
09-28-2007, 10:41 PM
Strikes me that they've realized the message is what is driving the Paul phenomenon, and are attempting to cash in on it.

That would make me happy except that they're all liars that no one can/should trust.

propanes
09-29-2007, 10:02 AM
Some Democrats who went along to authorize the pres. to start a war say they had been given faulty intelligence. Ron Paul had the same intelligence reports and he was against the war for several reasons including what the constitution says about who may declare war. The nationally broadcast interview below shows Ron Paul was a leading voice of dissent. The others wavered and bent to the president's will.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OenXhQvgYwo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPOo2-Ywges

Liberty
09-29-2007, 10:28 AM
This has the possibility of being a great Ron Paul TV campaign ad. Show a short clip of Cuomo with date, Matthew's reply, and dated clips of Ron saying the same thing.