PDA

View Full Version : Real ID Congressman Author/Sponsor Has Prostate Cancer

raystone
08-31-2009, 01:41 PM
Not wishing ill health on someone, but maybe this is a chance to get more of a liberty candidate in the 5th.. like www.jimburkee.com

http://www.jsonline.com/news/wisconsin/56356572.html

Sensenbrenner has prostate cancer

U.S. Rep. F. James Sensenbrenner (R-Wis.) said Monday that he has been diagnosed with an early stage of prostate cancer.

"In late July, during a routine checkup, my PSA (prostate-specific antigen) levels were found to be high, which can be an indicator of prostate cancer," Sensenbrenner said. "After some additional testing was conducted, the doctor confirmed that I have an early stage of prostate cancer. Fortunately, it was caught in time, and the cancer has not spread beyond the prostate."

The cure rate for Sensenbrenner's cancer is 85%-95%, according to Sensenbrenner's doctor.

Sensenbrenner said he would undergo treatment over the next several months, including radiation therapy. "My treatments will have a minimal effect on my duties of serving the people of the Fifth Congressional District. I intend on maintaining my active schedule, both in Washington and in the District, and will still hold the numerous town-hall meetings that have been scheduled."

After serving 10 years in the Wisconsin Legislature, Sensenbrenner ran for Congress and was elected to the House of Representatives in November 1978. He has been re-elected every term since.

Also Monday, Sensenbrenner announced that he would run again in 2010.

He is a member of the House Judiciary Committee, the Science and Technology Committee and the Select Committee on Energy Independence and Global Warming.

He and his wife, Cheryl, have two adult sons, Frank and Bob.

cindy25
09-01-2009, 12:34 AM
hope the Nazi retires

t0rnado
09-01-2009, 01:12 AM
There seems to be a correlation between fascists and cancer. It's a shame that he didn't have brain cancer though.

BuddyRey
09-01-2009, 06:06 AM
Wow, first Dodd gets sick, then Kennedy dies, and now this?

Again, not wishing ill health on anyone, but could this perhaps be karma or chickens coming home to roost?