PDA

View Full Version : End the fed book

reduen
08-31-2009, 12:17 PM
Just got my copy in the mail folks.... Cost me $17.18 total with shipping. Much less than originally expected! :)

disorderlyvision
08-31-2009, 12:23 PM

reduen
08-31-2009, 12:38 PM
yeah I ntoiced the price of the book went down to $13 and some change. I placed my order today :)

It was like an early b-day gift or something. I expected to pay twice that much....:cool:

Dorfsmith
08-31-2009, 01:03 PM
I'm drooling over my copy right now. Yay Amazon for getting it here so fast! :cool:

haaaylee
08-31-2009, 06:32 PM
thank god the government doesn't run amazon.com . .

awake
08-31-2009, 07:35 PM
If we do not turn the ship, someday they will.

disorderlyvision
08-31-2009, 07:43 PM

axiomata
09-02-2009, 03:03 PM
Got my copy today (actually arrived yesterday but the apartment office was closed by the time I got home so I couldn't pick it up.)

Now just to hurry up and finish How the Scots Invented the Modern World: The True Story of How Western Europe's Poorest Nation Created Our World & Everything in It (http://www.amazon.com/How-Scots-Invented-Modern-World/dp/0609809997), an interesting book in its own right, so that I may crack it open.

disorderlyvision
09-02-2009, 05:18 PM

Dreamofunity
09-02-2009, 07:29 PM
For some reason Amazon used my old CC (even though I entered a new one) so the purchase didn't go through and now I have to wait for them to accept my new one which for some reason I think won't work either.

Grhh, I want my book.

Bruno
09-02-2009, 08:09 PM
For some reason Amazon used my old CC (even though I entered a new one) so the purchase didn't go through and now I have to wait for them to accept my new one which for some reason I think won't work either.

Grhh, I want my book.

Me too! I tried to change it, and it wouldn't accept it. I had to wait until I received an email when they tried to process it half an hour ago. Hope all is well now. It could have already been shipped yesterday.

ShowMeLiberty
09-05-2009, 05:21 PM
My copy arrived yesterday. I've read about 1/4th of it so far and all I can say is... oh. my. gawd!

Imagine being an American colonist reading one of the first copies of Common Sense. That's what this feels like. Seriously.

jm1776
09-05-2009, 06:14 PM
I just finished it. Exceeded my expectations. The whole time I was reading it I kept thinking of more and more people I know who need a copy. Man, I need a case of them to hand out.

raystone
09-05-2009, 06:26 PM
I just finished it. Exceeded my expectations. The whole time I was reading it I kept thinking of more and more people I know who need a copy. Man, I need a case of them to hand out.

The burning question is (for someone who hasn't got their copy yet), will it get through the mind of a lemming ?

emazur
09-05-2009, 07:16 PM
I've read Creature from Jekyll Island and already know plenty of reasons to end the Fed - would it still be worth reading for me? Jekyll Island doesn't (yet) cover the September '08 bailout & subsequent events - if a large portion (maybe 40% +) of Ron Paul's book covers these modern events rather than the history of the Fed and its fuckups which are well covered in Griffin's book, I'll probably want to read it.

ShowMeLiberty
09-05-2009, 08:51 PM
The burning question is (for someone who hasn't got their copy yet), will it get through the mind of a lemming ?

Yes. Ron Paul uses a very conversational tone in this book and he uses plain, ordinary English. Easy to understand and shocking at times for someone who doesn't know how long the evil reach of the Fed extends.

I've read Creature from Jekyll Island and already know plenty of reasons to end the Fed - would it still be worth reading for me? Jekyll Island doesn't (yet) cover the September '08 bailout & subsequent events - if a large portion (maybe 40% +) of Ron Paul's book covers these modern events rather than the history of the Fed and its fuckups which are well covered in Griffin's book, I'll probably want to read it.

Yes - you'll want to read it. He does talk about very recent events. And even though the Fed itself is the focus of the book, he also talks about a lot of other things too, like exactly why the government allows the Fed to exist.

Even though I've read a lot about the Fed and fiat money since first hearing about Ron Paul, I'll admit I picked up some new information from this book. At the very least it gave me some interesting new ways of looking at some of the issues.

Read it. You'll be glad you did.

jm1776
09-06-2009, 09:06 AM

That is the burning question to be sure. I think the answer is yes. The book is very engaging, sort of a mini autobiography of Ron Paul's 30 year effort against the central bank. He uses very interesting on and off record conversations with Greenspan and Bernanke to illustrate several points.

The proposed solution of competing currencies is presented in a logic and non-threatening way. The reader is left with a sense that we could indeed make a smooth, even exciting, transition away from the FED money monopoly.

Granted I am extremely biased but the after feeling of the book is more about the man than the FED. Agree or disagree the author is genuine and makes his case with reasoned passion. A great American any way you slice it.

Arklatex
09-06-2009, 01:19 PM
This is a very well written book! I too was thinking of who all I'm sending a copy too, this will win people over. Whene he mentioned he still has this original hard copy of Atlas Shrugged I'm thinking this 2009 copy of END the FED will be the same for me. Great read, better than the Revolution even.

disorderlyvision
09-06-2009, 09:24 PM