PDA

View Full Version : New vicious clames against Dr. Paul - help!

Iris
06-04-2007, 05:18 PM
http://dneiwert.blogspot.com/2007/06/man-of-hour.html

I've seen the racist claims before. I've seen the argument that the words were penned by someone else and that person was subsequently fired. And that Ron took responsibility and apologized. I know the John Birch Society has rated him 100% conservative.

But the rest is all new to me. A white supremacist? A NWO promoter? Huh???

My son called this to my attention. I told him I'd run it up the flagpole and get back with him. At any rate, I'll bet this gets spread all over quickly by the Ron Paul haters, so we're all going to need to know how to debunk it sooner or later.

Please advise.

Iris
06-04-2007, 05:20 PM
Whoops! Please pardon the typo in the title. <blush>

dude58677
06-04-2007, 05:33 PM
Simple, these other candidates don't have a candidate of high quality so they have to make up stuff about their opponent.

torchbearer
06-04-2007, 05:38 PM
consider the source. seems like a spoof site to me that is trying to pass as truth.

ARealConservative
06-04-2007, 05:45 PM
The New World Order isn't a conspiracy itself. Only that some secret shadow goverment is behind it all.

To me, the NWO is simply America's "duty of intervention" ever since WWII. Even Bush Senior has discussed it openly.

Silverback
06-04-2007, 05:56 PM
First they don't claim he's a NWO promoter, they claim his commentary on the NWO statements of Bush41 is proof he's a nutter, as if there is no globalism issue.

I've been expecting this "racist" line of attack to become public. I heard it when Paul first announced over on DU, it's been making the rounds without substantiation ever since. It's a sign of how low and desperate Pauls critics can be.

The only true quote of Dr, Paul in there is the one about the woman, which wasn't racist at all, particularly when taken in context and in consideration of Pauls voluminous writings, that's the best they can do on the claim.

The rest are bogus/not Pauls words.

The rest of that article makes a bunch of really lame arguements,

That Pauls popularity with patriot (pro-gun, pro-liberty) groups in the AWB/Waco days somehow affiliates him with hate groups.

That the statement of a racist that he supports Paul makes Paul a racist himself.

Etc.

Bradley in DC
06-04-2007, 06:54 PM
I have seen this previously. We have debunked the phenry postings here many times. The pic looks as if it were taken in a "reception line" photo-op at a fundraiser where hundreds of people cut a check and wait in line for their 3 seconds of a brush with greatness.

Ignore these people.

Scribbler de Stebbing
06-04-2007, 07:33 PM
So who is the guy in the pict with RP? That's probably lost on more people than me.

As to someone with a shadowy past -- maybe, it's not clear to me that Pratt has any actual blots -- supporting RP, odds are that there's a pedophile out there supporting Mitt Romney (or any other candidate). Does that taint to Mitt Romney?

They wouldn't be going after RP if he wasn't a threat. Tells me they know there's more support than they're admitting in their "scientific" polls.

kylejack
06-04-2007, 07:41 PM
"AS many of you know, Congressman Ron Paul from Texas is one of the most conservative members of Congress and very sympathetic to the patriot's cause. Here we find Dr Robert Clarkson with Congressman Ron Paul in Columbia, SC at Libertarian-Patriot Banquet on April 2, 2004."

He's a libertarian and a tax protester.

angelatc
06-04-2007, 08:10 PM
Wow - a guy who always votes against restrcting firearms getting support from patriot groups. Who'da thunk it? The thing is - these are left leaning liberals. At the end of the day, they don't want small government. Period. Trying to get them to change philosophy is an exercise in futility.

There's some truth in their philosophy. The haves tend to take advantage of the havenots. But in capitalism, at least we get to choose which master we serve.

AgentSmith
06-04-2007, 08:21 PM
Ron Paul says a staffer wrote the racist remarks while he was out on the campaign trail. He fired the staffer but took responsibility for the incident because he did not want to appear that he couldnt control his own staff. I think anyone who knows Dr Paul realizes those are not his words.

Iris
06-05-2007, 01:42 AM
Thank you all very much. There are a lot of folks who stand to lose lots of money when Dr. Paul is elected, and they're prepared to fight as dirty as it gets. :mad: We need to stay on our toes with good replies ready for those who throw garbage like this at us.

Let's not assume that all the criticism comes from the left, please. I've seen just the opposite. Apparently some Republicans are terrified that he's going to split their party (?), so they're aggressively going after Dr. Paul with smears. In fact, I phoned my county Republican Party Headquarters two days ago asking about our Primary. I mentioned Ron Paul. The woman quickly snapped at me, "HE'S A DEMOCRAT!" Wow. I did what I could to set her straight, but I hope others finish the job as I only got a couple of points in.

BTW, is it allowed to invite you to another forum to defend Ron Paul among folks of all political stripes? I have no affiliation whatsoever with that forum. I just like to see Ron Paul supporters there. :)

Anne
06-05-2007, 02:35 AM
Check out the comments on the post. That is some scary shizz! These people think libertarians and people who want individual rights are secretly wanting a fascist state. Why can't extreme leftists see that they are the ones promoting fascism? :confused:

AgentSmith
06-05-2007, 03:09 AM
Check out the comments on the post. That is some scary shizz! These people think libertarians and people who want individual rights are secretly wanting a fascist state. Why can't extreme leftists see that they are the ones promoting fascism? :confused:

they are in denial. they know whats best for you after all. any opposition to them running your life is fascist!

Iris
06-05-2007, 08:12 PM

Because "fascism" is a synonym for "corporatism" and is an extreme rightist ideology. Fascism is what Mussolini did, with extreme autocracy, dictatorship. Look up Mussolini and you can read about it. Of course, extreme right with no autocracy is anarchy (no government at all). In America today we don't have complete fascism, but we're leaning that way strongly with GWB funnelling massive tax dollars to the military industrial complex, giving tax breaks to corporations willing to relocate offshore, and so on.

Extreme left with no autocracy (done voluntarily) is the hippie commune, or the African tribe where people share posessions because they want to. Extreme left with autocracy (the gov't directing everything the people do under a dictatorship) is what Stalin and Lenin did.

That is my understanding from studying this.

Anyway, I don't think we want to get too sidetracked on this type of issue, as we do know Ron Paul's supporters come from all stripes and the important thing is to support him.

Captain Shays
06-05-2007, 08:36 PM
Michael Medved called Ron Paul an anti semite on the radio last week. What? Nice try Medved. But I guess if you throw enough shit at the wall, some is going to stick.

Iris
06-06-2007, 11:59 AM
I think one of our biggest problems is people listening to folks like Medved, et al, and letting them and TV direct their votes. Seems to me the media thought up this whole concept of "most electable" and people buy into that nonsense. That's why we always end up voting for the lesser of two evils instead of the greater of two goods.

LibertyEagle
06-06-2007, 04:09 PM
Oh, I know, I get so sick of talking to people who keep chanting he's not "electable", whatever that means. These people have no principles. Hell yes, he's electable. All it takes is VOTES, and of course delegates. Are people applying to be delegates, I hope?

UCFGavin
06-06-2007, 04:17 PM
any time someone brings these bullshit claims up, make reference to this:

Racism is simply an ugly form of collectivism, the mindset that views humans strictly as members of groups rather than individuals. Racists believe that all individuals who share superficial physical characteristics are alike: as collectivists, racists think only in terms of groups. By encouraging Americans to adopt a group mentality, the advocates of so-called "diversity" actually perpetuate racism. Their obsession with racial group identity is inherently racist.

The true antidote to racism is liberty. Liberty means having a limited, constitutional government devoted to the protection of individual rights rather than group claims. Liberty means free-market capitalism, which rewards individual achievement and competence, not skin color, gender, or ethnicity.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul381.html

Dr. Paul has the proper outlook and stance on racism, and is way to intelligent to let some personal flaw like that get to him.

angrydragon
06-06-2007, 05:09 PM
Point them to this article.

http://www.freemarketnews.com/WorldNews.asp?nid=41822

angrydragon
06-06-2007, 06:05 PM
Oh, I know, I get so sick of talking to people who keep chanting he's not "electable", whatever that means. These people have no principles. Hell yes, he's electable. All it takes is VOTES, and of course delegates. Are people applying to be delegates, I hope?

How do we become a delegate in California?

Brandybuck
06-06-2007, 07:57 PM
How do we become a delegate in California?
Be active in the state Republican Party. Which is a lot more than just registering Republican. Start getting to know Republicans. Start attending Republican events.

AZ Libertarian
06-07-2007, 03:17 PM
If this is the worst RP has to contend with, he should start writing his INAUGURATION SPEECH!!! LOL

Nothing but sour grapes and far-reaching! After reading the whole thing (including comments - and posting a comment myself) I see nothing to worry about.

**************RON PAUL R3VOLUTION!!!************