PDA

View Full Version : MSNBC poll: is it appropriate to carry guns near presidential events?

disorderlyvision
08-31-2009, 08:27 AM

SamuraisWisdom
08-31-2009, 08:35 AM
I voted no. People have the right to carry guns wherever they want, but that doesn't mean that they should.

Dorfsmith
08-31-2009, 08:35 AM
Voted.

specsaregood
08-31-2009, 08:36 AM
If the cops can/do, then yes.

FrankRep
08-31-2009, 08:38 AM
I voted no. People have the right to carry guns wherever they want, but that doesn't mean that they should.

Where should the free speech zones be drawn? :rolleyes:

krazy kaju
08-31-2009, 09:03 AM

Tell me, if someone comes to assassinate the President, is it better for the President's health for only the secret service to be armed, or is it better for the general public there to be armed?

One would assume that an armed general public would:
1. Dissuade any potential assassins.
2. Better protect the President in the event that someone did try to assassinate him.

pcosmar
08-31-2009, 09:08 AM
How is the President any more or less important than any one else???
I thought All men (People/generic) were equal.
A gun is appropriate anywhere. Like Pants, or a hat.

sratiug
08-31-2009, 09:21 AM

So you think the secret service should be disarmed... interesting.

Pericles
08-31-2009, 10:00 AM
Tell me, if someone comes to assassinate the President, is it better for the President's health for only the secret service to be armed, or is it better for the general public there to be armed?

One would assume that an armed general public would:
1. Dissuade any potential assassins.
2. Better protect the President in the event that someone did try to assassinate him.

Correct answer.

Justin D
08-31-2009, 10:25 AM
William Kostric made the argument that there was new history when he open carried a pistol. No one was killed, injured or hurt in any way.
YouTube - Chris Matthews Hardball: Protester William Kostric brings gun to presidential town hall in NH (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XflE0RMiIiA)

fisharmor
08-31-2009, 10:50 AM
Geez. I've never watched Chris Matthews before now. I wonder what it's like, knowing what your own kidneys smell like?

puppetmaster
08-31-2009, 11:20 AM
leave a nice comment also!

WarDog
08-31-2009, 12:00 PM
He who will not reason,is a bigot; he who cannot is a fool; and he who dares not,is a slave. ~Sir William Drummond

“A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."George Washington

"Rebellion to tyrants is obedience to God."--Thomas Jefferson

Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty. The obedient must be slaves. David Henry Thoreau

When no man is safe when freedom fails the best men rout in filthy jails why those who cry appease appease are hung by those they tried to please

BenIsForRon
08-31-2009, 01:14 PM
Hey guys, here's a question that just popped into my head. What if every other person in the crowd was carrying a gun? Wouldn't that make it easier for an assassin to blend in, if he has a carry permit? Would the secret service have a harder time protecting the president?

FSP-Rebel
08-31-2009, 01:56 PM
"Rebellion to tyrants is obedience to God."--Thomas Jefferson

I thought Ben Franklin said this, can you verify since this is in my sig.

Edit: I just found (via google search) that this quote is attributed to both Franklin and Jefferson.

EgwaTlvdatsi
08-31-2009, 02:06 PM
Hey guys, here's a question that just popped into my head. What if every other person in the crowd was carrying a gun? Wouldn't that make it easier for an assassin to blend in, if he has a carry permit? Would the secret service have a harder time protecting the president?

I have a couple of questions that popped into my head, too. The secret service are only a small percentage of people that are watching several hundreds if not thousands of people. So which would be safer, a few watching many or many watching a few?

Which is more ominous, a man reaching in his coat, or a man reaching for his side arm?

acptulsa
08-31-2009, 02:11 PM
I have a couple of questions that popped into my head, too. The secret service are only a small percentage of people that are watching several hundreds if not thousands of people. So which would be safer, a few watching many or many watching a few?

There you are. What are the odds the SS will be right beside the potential assailant when he makes his move? What are the odds the SS will be able to take him down with almost no risk to innocent parties nearby?

RM918
08-31-2009, 02:50 PM
They should just give Obama an AR-15. Bet you'd get a lot less people yelling at him.

pcosmar
08-31-2009, 02:55 PM

So.
What is your point???

dannno
08-31-2009, 02:59 PM
They should just give Obama an AR-15. Bet you'd get a lot less people yelling at him.

YouTube - President of the United States [Idiocracy] [Remix] (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYpfHBicjQk)

heavenlyboy34
08-31-2009, 03:04 PM
How is the President any more or less important than any one else???
I thought All men (People/generic) were equal.
A gun is appropriate anywhere. Like Pants, or a hat.

Exactly right! It used to be normal for people to carry guns around governors and presidents. (not that I see any need for Presidents or governors) Damn wussification of America! :mad::p