PDA

View Full Version : I just graduated Navy boot camp.

tnvoter
08-30-2009, 10:35 PM
Both of my grand fathers were Navy, one a 20 year retired vet from WW2 and Korean War, the other a Hospital Corpsman- so I had considered joining for years, and recently (the last 2 years) being inspired by Dr. Paul I went through with it to at least give something back to the country and help out my own personal resume with the service.

I'm training to be a Hospital Corpsman and while none of this is too difficult, and not exactly easy either- I just wanted to say what got me through to this point (other than prayers) was knowing there was people out there who and a growing number of them who had actually read and believed in what I swore to uphold.

Not many others who have enlisted have read the constitution and I urged them too. Our job isn't done, we have to keep re-educating the country. I'm using funds paid from the federal gov. to donate to our campaigns which makes me smile :)

I'll probably remove this text soon, I just wanted those still following the movement to know it's inspiring true action. Everyone please keep it up, donate to Schiff and Paul, and if we can't get them elected just think of how many will still be waking up thanks to the effort.

Peace :P

KCIndy
08-30-2009, 11:02 PM
Congratulations on your graduation!!

Thanks for your service to country, and most of all thank you for standing up for Liberty. Keep on educating people about the Constitution when you get the opportunity!!

Crowish
08-30-2009, 11:18 PM
Congrats and thanks.

TheConstitutionLives
08-30-2009, 11:18 PM
YouTube - Universal Soldier (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohXsdbF-7jc)

revolutionary8
08-31-2009, 12:36 AM

revolutionary8
08-31-2009, 12:37 AM
Its great to know you are there...
:)

"May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind always be at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
and rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand."

Objectivist
08-31-2009, 02:03 AM
Hooya! Navy!

Been there done that too at Great Lakes. Hope you had a pleasant stay. Is the "A" School for Corpsman at Great Lakes NTC or did they move it like everything else?

Hope you enjoy your time in service and I thank you for doing so.

Objectivist.

phill4paul
08-31-2009, 03:57 AM
Saaaalute!

nobody's_hero
08-31-2009, 04:40 AM
I hope they knew what they were doing when they got you to take your oath of enlistment. ;)

TinCanToNA
08-31-2009, 06:47 AM
Good on ya! Pushing the Constitution is a good thing, but be careful about getting into more specific politics. All workplaces where work actually gets done have unwritten rules against talking politics or religion in shop, and that applies in the Navy as surely as anywhere else. Except maybe where the work is political in nature...

Also, you might consider a commissioning program. It would be good to have some of the upper parts of the Navy more intimately familiar with the Constitution.

One last thing; make sure you don't get involved with politics while in uniform, at least with the public at large. The rule is generally that the military must be neutral in politics, and you can get reprimanded for not upholding the image of the service in that regard.

Kylie
08-31-2009, 07:00 AM
Congratulations. You are doing a good thing, sir.

:)

LibertyEagle
08-31-2009, 07:14 AM
Congratulations and thank you for posting. It makes me feel better to know there are people like you in our military.

Aratus
08-31-2009, 07:39 AM
WAY TO GO! NAVY! a relative of mine is at the point!
i know it takes 'true grit' to serve uncle sam today!!!

paulitics
08-31-2009, 07:46 AM
Both of my grand fathers were Navy, one a 20 year retired vet from WW2 and Korean War, the other a Hospital Corpsman- so I had considered joining for years, and recently (the last 2 years) being inspired by Dr. Paul I went through with it to at least give something back to the country and help out my own personal resume with the service.

I'm training to be a Hospital Corpsman and while none of this is too difficult, and not exactly easy either- I just wanted to say what got me through to this point (other than prayers) was knowing there was people out there who and a growing number of them who had actually read and believed in what I swore to uphold.

Not many others who have enlisted have read the constitution and I urged them too. Our job isn't done, we have to keep re-educating the country. I'm using funds paid from the federal gov. to donate to our campaigns which makes me smile :)

I'll probably remove this text soon, I just wanted those still following the movement to know it's inspiring true action. Everyone please keep it up, donate to Schiff and Paul, and if we can't get them elected just think of how many will still be waking up thanks to the effort.

Thank you for your service to this country and the constitution. I have the utmost respect.

lynnf
08-31-2009, 07:49 AM
note: this is posted on Orly Taitz's blog - it is unsubstantiated at this time,
but these are strange times and strange things are happening - so consider it for your own purposes
as you continue your tour of duty.

http://www.orlytaitzesq.com/blog1/

Subject: Hi my name is Donna Weatherford,
To: kataffholter@qmail.com
Cc: arizonarkiegirl@yahoo.com
Date: Sunday, August 23, 2009, 1:53 PM
I am marrying the Highest ranking Navy seal and the most Decorated Navy seal in this country. But I have one problem: Obama and Napolitano have him and many other Navy seals, Marines (recons) Army Rangers(delta force) Locked up for 8 months now. They are locked up in 5 New York Federal Prisons. They are charged as U.S. Threats to America! This is totality untrue! The one prison my guy was in had over 250 military men in it, and so does the other 4 prisons. These men are not Terorist, they are the Hero’s to this country. On Dec 24,2008 my guy and his men save this country from the worst disaster in history. More devastating than 9/11. And this is what he and his men get from our new president? That memo from Napolitano was the first sign of what was to come! Now the have moved some of the my (my guy inclued) on 8/20/2009 to Fort Brag, NC and Fort Benning,Ga ,where they are turning these bases into prisons for Our Military men! With UN troops as the guards! Also in kawait, they are locking up our men. The men who are fighting in Iraq and Afganastan ,who are coming home and are deemed as a threats to America, are being locked up there! When they shut down gitmo, they are planning to use that prison for our military men. Is this Right? Obama is afraid that he will lose his control and what he is after!( Just as Health care, banks and the cars) The country his way! I need your help to send this letter around the country to our military men and veterans to stop this Now! To save this country and all our military men.These men are HERO’S and so are the men who died for this country! This is the slap in the face of the men who have died and to the men that are fighting right now! By our President and homeland security Napolitano.
We need to step up and protect these men and our country! I love this country and help me Stop this Now! I want these HERO’s home with their families and them out continue to protect this country against the Real Terrorist! There are many thing’s I can’t tell you, but these men (real HERO’s) have saved this country over and over again. Just as the military men and veterans the in the past! And we need them to keep up the work to save us, The USA! My father is buried in the veterans cemetery in Arizona,he was a ww2 vet. And I am a proud America daughter!
The man I am marrying is the bravest man I ever met! And his cousin is with him too! He is a Marine recon, who always goes with him everywhere.,to war or to every mission he goes on! My Man has the Navy Cross and has Recieved 2 metals from Ronald Reagan( he was proud to served under)and has many others metals.He was at the funeral of President Reagan.
There is also a Federal Judge in this, The judge L.D. Moore told Napolitano that this was UNCONSITUTIONAL and on 5/4/2009 The judge and his driver was on the way to court to let these men out, when he was hit by an 18 wheeler, with an Arabic driver,with no license and no papers to be in this country! He was almost Killed! But he is not giving up! He is Recooping to get back to court to release these men. Was this an Accident? Its been a long road for him too! And he is just as much a HERO as this men by risking his life for them!
Please I need your help, to find a way to help all these HERO’s get home!And to stop this insanity!!! GOD BLESS AMERICA AND THESE MEN! GOD BLESS YOU TO HELP ME!
Thank you,
Donna Weatherford
HOOAW HOOAW HOOAW

Pod
08-31-2009, 07:59 AM

Let me get this straight, you got inspired by Ron Paul to join the military?

SWATH
08-31-2009, 09:20 AM
I know a lot of Ron Paul fanatics in the Navy. One of them just launched this website a few months ago, and some of his shipmates write articles there, they are underway currently.

Check it out!
http://www.chariot-to-freedom.com/

They actually organize a small scale political lecture/study section aboard the ship called "Ron Paulitics" where other sailors are free to come listen and learn. When boarding the ship one of the guys flashes one of those baseball cards of Ron Paul (that he carries with him everywhere) instead of his ID, funny guy.

phill4paul
08-31-2009, 09:39 AM

Why not? Ron Paul served.

LibertyEagle
08-31-2009, 09:43 AM

Have you not heard Dr. Paul talk about the importance of the Navy? He does believe in a strong national defense, you know.

pcosmar
08-31-2009, 09:48 AM
The Navy is Constitutional. It is the Only Military to be Maintained under the Constitution.

Congratulations.

Pod
08-31-2009, 10:16 AM
Why not? Ron Paul served.

He got notice that he was going to get drafted as buck private. He enlisted to enable him to complete his college first and avoid that fate.

Have you not heard Dr. Paul talk about the importance of the Navy? He does believe in a strong national defense, you know.

Sure, twelwe carrier groups are all about a strong national defence.

From all the stuff Paul can inspire you to do (become active in YAL, run for office, learn about Austrian economics...) somebody got inspired to join the military? How likely is that?

LibertyEagle
08-31-2009, 10:35 AM
From all the stuff Paul can inspire you to do (become active in YAL, run for office, learn about Austrian economics...) somebody got inspired to join the military? How likely is that?

From all that Ron Paul has discussed and fought for over his long career, you were inspired to disrespect a fellow liberty-lover who joined the Navy? How likely is THAT?

rpfan2008
08-31-2009, 11:12 AM
\I think Ron Paul would love to see more and more liberty minded people joining Army, Politics, Police, Hospitals etc. and take over them on behalf of the people, not boycott them and leave the tyrants to use these institutions as instruments of oppression.

oh! and congratulations to OP.

Pod
08-31-2009, 11:39 AM
From all that Ron Paul has discussed and fought for over his long career, you were inspired to disrespect a fellow liberty-lover who joined the Navy? How likely is THAT?

I`m sorry, WHAT?

Pod
08-31-2009, 11:49 AM
\I think Ron Paul would love to see more and more liberty minded people joining Army, Politics, Police, Hospitals etc. and take over them on behalf of the people, not boycott them and leave the tyrants to use these institutions as instruments of oppression.

oh! and congratulations to OP.

They should join, why? So maybe when they attack Iran they get to press the buttons to launch the off shore cruise missles. :rolleyes:

I`m inclined to think that saying that a man who had Universal Soldier play as his intro song at the RFTR wants people to sign up is a huge stretch.

I`m inclined to think his opinion is more like that of his friend Chuck Baldwin, who won his endorsement for the presidential election.

Can Christians Serve In The New World Order Army? by Chuck Baldwin (http://www.chuckbaldwinlive.com/c2009/cbarchive_20090507.html)

tmosley
08-31-2009, 11:54 AM
Congratulations, but remember, the second your superiors should give the order to fire on American citizens, your contract is null and void (in reality if not i our ludicrously biased legal system).

At that point, you should take whatever steps are necessary to protect your own countrymen.

phill4paul
08-31-2009, 12:55 PM
They should join, why? So maybe when they attack Iran they get to press the buttons to launch the off shore cruise missles. :rolleyes:

I`m inclined to think that saying that a man who had Universal Soldier play as his intro song at the RFTR wants people to sign up is a huge stretch.

I`m inclined to think his opinion is more like that of his friend Chuck Baldwin, who won his endorsement for the presidential election.

Can Christians Serve In The New World Order Army? by Chuck Baldwin (http://www.chuckbaldwinlive.com/c2009/cbarchive_20090507.html)

POD this young sailor came here to tell us about something he believes to be a big achievement in his life. I tend to agree w/ him. You, however want, to turn his post into an attack. Doing it in this thread is disrespectful to this young man and extremely bad form. Please, if you want to stand on a soapbox and preach then start a thread concerning it.

KCIndy
08-31-2009, 01:14 PM

The Navy does not make the decision as to where it goes and who it fights. That decision rests entirely with the politicians.

I'm not thrilled with the foreign policy decisions our country has made over the last few decades, but I have the utmost respect for anyone who has the courage to sign up and serve. Our country - and we ourselves as citizens - owe them an enormous debt of gratitude.

Kraig
08-31-2009, 01:21 PM
The Navy does not make the decision as to where it goes and who it fights. That decision rests entirely with the politicians.

I'm not thrilled with the foreign policy decisions our country has made over the last few decades, but I have the utmost respect for anyone who has the courage to sign up and serve. Our country - and we ourselves as citizens - owe them an enormous debt of gratitude.

Making a decision to do whatever you're told is still a decision.

I don't owe them anything.

BlackTerrel
08-31-2009, 01:54 PM
Congratulations. I have a couple friends in the Navy...Stay safe!

Dr.3D
08-31-2009, 02:05 PM
That is quite an accomplishment. I went through Boot Camp at Great Lakes back in the '60s and it was no cake walk.

Took around a year after I got out of A school to find my niche then things became pretty smooth.
Find your niche and be happy.

Objectivist
08-31-2009, 03:26 PM
WAY TO GO! NAVY! a relative of mine is at the point!
i know it takes 'true grit' to serve uncle sam today!!!

Actually it doesn't and the recruits of recent history were given "timeout cards" if the Company Commander seemed to be treating you harshly. But he still doing a great thing and I commend him for his efforts.

StudentForPaul08
08-31-2009, 03:34 PM
wow. Congrats! You are truly inspirational in your actions. I graduated High School last year and was actually considering a similar action.

Stay safe and thanks for all that you do!

Objectivist
08-31-2009, 03:47 PM
To the OP was the RTC full or was enlistment level low?

Aratus
08-31-2009, 03:57 PM

the original posting bears repeating!

dr. hfn
08-31-2009, 04:02 PM
Way to go!

TheConstitutionLives
08-31-2009, 04:19 PM
I would NEVER join the military and become the state's hired assassin. Not to mention America is broke. The last thing we need is more people entering government and drawing checks from the taxpayer. Just my opinion.

Objectivist
08-31-2009, 04:32 PM
I would NEVER join the military and become the state's hired assassin. Not to mention America is broke. The last thing we need is more people entering government and drawing checks from the taxpayer. Just my opinion.

For someone using that screen name maybe you should read the Constitution and take note the part of maintaining a Navy. SO with your comment the Constitution is dead to you.

Middle of Section 8.
http://www.usconstitution.net/const.txt

phill4paul
08-31-2009, 04:38 PM
TheConstitutionLives my earlier post to POD is for you as well. Don't disrespect this young man and his noble intentions w/ your anti-military soapbox proselytizing. If you can't congratulate him on his accomplishment then at least have the decency to start a new thread instead of hijacking this one.

Dr.3D
08-31-2009, 04:40 PM

If anything, we need more constitutional patriots in the military where they can work toward freeing this country from the upcoming tyranny.

Pod
08-31-2009, 08:40 PM
POD this young sailor came here to tell us about something he believes to be a big achievement in his life. I tend to agree w/ him. You, however want, to turn his post into an attack. Doing it in this thread is disrespectful to this young man and extremely bad form. Please, if you want to stand on a soapbox and preach then start a thread concerning it.

He also came to tell us he is doing it to give something back to his country. Now what good is he doing anyone in his country by doing it? When he is going to stand on a missle cruiser that will pound Iran, Somalia, Eritrea or whichever other unconstitutional intervention they cook up who will he be doing it for? His country? If he is going to do it for his country he may as well not, because his country doesn`t need him for that.

It is perfectly fine if he wants to follow in his father`s and grandfather`s footsteps, but to say that by doing so he is giving something back to his country that is just plain wrong. The state aparatus is not the country. Being a minion of the imperial military is not the same as serving your country.

Pod
08-31-2009, 08:55 PM
For someone using that screen name maybe you should read the Constitution and take note the part of maintaining a Navy. SO with your comment the Constitution is dead to you.

Middle of Section 8.
http://www.usconstitution.net/const.txt

Clutching at straws. The role the US navy is used in is not the one imagined by the fathers (protecting sea commerce). As manifest by the size which well over anything ever inteded or imagined by the founders. It maintains bases all over the world in dozens of different countries, it controls all the world oceans, it accounts for 85% of all aircraft carriers in active service in the world and 66% of all active cruisers in the world. It`s main purpose is "projection of power", or in other words giving the US the ability to extert influence in every part of the world and meddle everywhere it pleases. And is the only branch of the military that has been used in every intervention, attack, invasion or strike by the US since the end of WII. Because it is always the first branch to be used and the branch most essential to a world empire. Iran Air Flight 655, shelling of Beirut, bombing of Libya...

georgiaboy
08-31-2009, 08:59 PM
OP,

Congratulations and all the best to you.

The only two oaths that are commonly taken by us Americans are those to our spouses, and those that military personnel take to uphold & defend the US Constitution.

May this oath you've taken, and its implications on the rest of your life in service to it, bear mightily.

TinCanToNA
08-31-2009, 10:15 PM
Clutching at straws. The role the US navy is used in is not the one imagined by the fathers (protecting sea commerce). As manifest by the size which well over anything ever inteded or imagined by the founders. It maintains bases all over the world in dozens of different countries, it controls all the world oceans, it accounts for 85% of all aircraft carriers in active service in the world and 66% of all active cruisers in the world. It`s main purpose is "projection of power", or in other words giving the US the ability to extert influence in every part of the world and meddle everywhere it pleases. And is the only branch of the military that has been used in every intervention, attack, invasion or strike by the US since the end of WII. Because it is always the first branch to be used and the branch most essential to a world empire. Iran Air Flight 655, shelling of Beirut, bombing of Libya...

Wow, that's all you've got? Talk about clutching at straws...

Perhaps you should update your knowledge about the Navy a bit. See if you can digest informationdissemination.net for starters.

Also, for your other post, his chances of ending up on a ship are slim, and his chances of ending up on a small boy are even smaller. But hey, I wouldn't expect someone talking out of their ass to know such a thing.

Objectivist
09-01-2009, 04:42 AM

Coast Guard handles protecting commerce and was a branch of Treasury for quite some time.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/US_Coast_Guard
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Department_of_the_Navy
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/US_Navy

Then here again the Navy isn't the problem, the politicians are. The military follows orders from civilian authorities. Commerce is global is it not?