PDA

View Full Version : Are the men in "General Politics" noobs from after the election?

Ian A.
08-30-2009, 07:44 PM
I feel like an American who has fought in the Civil War in the 1860s. Now it's the 90s, and I'm seeing waves of new immigrants flooding into the country. This forum is the same way: I'm thinking: these new punks don't care at all about being a part of the R3VOLUTION. They just wanna post outrageous sensational shit, and where the F**K are the liberals?? I want liberals (or former libs) on this forum who hate war and don't think Teddy was an evil minotaur.

TCE
08-30-2009, 07:47 PM
I feel like an American who has fought in the Civil War in 1890, and I'm seeing waves of new immigrants flooding into the country. This forum is the same way: I'm thinking: these new punks don't care at all about being a part of the R3VOLUTION. They just wanna post outrageous sensational shit, and where the F**K are the liberals?? I want liberals (or former libs) on this forum who hate war and don't think Teddy was an evil minotaur.

Just ask and people (including me) will gladly spar with you.

BenIsForRon
08-30-2009, 11:41 PM
I've been here since '07, I'm not against nationalization of wild lands for preservation (though there are free-market alternatives). The anarchists love this forum because they have a never ending supply of people to argue with.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
08-31-2009, 01:23 AM
I feel like an American who has fought in the Civil War in 1890

Our Civil War was not fought in 1890.

Ian A.
08-31-2009, 07:35 PM

Read the whole post.

torchbearer
08-31-2009, 07:56 PM
I feel like an American who has fought in the Civil War in 1890, and I'm seeing waves of new immigrants flooding into the country. This forum is the same way: I'm thinking: these new punks don't care at all about being a part of the R3VOLUTION. They just wanna post outrageous sensational shit, and where the F**K are the liberals?? I want liberals (or former libs) on this forum who hate war and don't think Teddy was an evil minotaur.

I understand what you are saying-
We are working on getting back in political shape.
We'll probably have to indure a few more attention whore threads as the banning of the useless begins.

Objectivist
08-31-2009, 08:02 PM

I was banned from another liberal forum and it was the first forum I had ever been a part of. After that a friend told me about this place, so I joined. Hope that helps answer any questions about me.

And I wasn't in the Lib forum for kicks, rather to point out the flaws in their thinking.

brandon
08-31-2009, 08:04 PM

Says the guy who joined after both of Ron Paul's big money bombs. :D

Objectivist
08-31-2009, 08:10 PM

I remember those.... and so does my wallet.

speciallyblend
08-31-2009, 09:54 PM

I have no clue what you could classify me as but everyone trys;)

Elwar
09-01-2009, 07:49 AM
don't think Teddy was an evil minotaur.

Only an evil supporter of big government.

Revolution0918
09-01-2009, 08:45 AM
if there here they clearly have some views like ours....y dont u quit hating on people and imbrace that our movement is moving forward?

Mini-Me
09-01-2009, 08:54 AM

In his defense, I think that was just a case of ambiguous grammar. That said, most people here DO hate war, so I'm not sure what Ian is talking about on that front. As far as Kennedy goes, just because he was against the war, that's not exactly enough by itself to pull him out of the "evil minotaur" category. "One good deed is not enough to redeem a man of a lifetime of wickedness." Thanks, Pirates of the Caribbean. ;)

RedStripe
09-01-2009, 01:08 PM
I glad this movement is a big tent, but I can't help but to roll my eyes at some of the "Glenn Beck Republicans" and right-wing Christian people who have hopped on the bandwagon (not necessarily this forum in particular, but movement as a whole).

haaaylee
09-01-2009, 01:23 PM

Boo Yah!

Ian A.
09-01-2009, 09:14 PM

My dick is bigger.:rolleyes:

I donated on MLK day when everyone else sat on the fucking bench, I donated on Ron's anniversary, I bought several copies of his books, many signs and slim jims. I drove to NH to help the campaign. When I got back to Maine I canvassed door to door. I gave speeches in college about Ron when I could--I never left the movement.

Now I see people in General Politics who are not of the same spirit as what I experienced. Ron Paul Republicans were kind, filled with spirit, the salt of the Earth. There's so much rage now. I try to post ideas on how to privatize organizations and make the country better overall, and no one responds--they would rather call Pelosi a cunt.

BTW 1890 was used because I feel like an aging veteran from the war in the 60s, but no one gets it so I'll change it.

james1906
09-01-2009, 09:52 PM
My dick is bigger.:rolleyes:

I donated on MLK day when everyone else sat on the fucking bench, I donated on Ron's anniversary, I bought several copies of his books, many signs and slim jims. I drove to NH to help the campaign. When I got back to Maine I canvassed door to door. I gave speeches in college about Ron when I could--I never left the movement.

Now I see people in General Politics who are not of the same spirit as what I experienced. Ron Paul Republicans were kind, filled with spirit, the salt of the Earth. There's so much rage now. I try to post ideas on how to privatize organizations and make the country better overall, and no one responds--they would rather call Pelosi a cunt.

BTW 1890 was used because I feel like an aging veteran from the war in the 60s, but no one gets it so I'll change it.

A lot of us were tapped money wise by then.

Volitzer
09-01-2009, 10:45 PM
No just fed up with the 2 Bilderberg Parties trying to usurp our Constitution and sovereignty.

Reason
09-02-2009, 02:02 AM
People seem to forget that just because someone hadn't registered an account on this forum certainly doesn't mean they were supporting Ron Paul long ago.

I know I had been preaching the gospel of Ron Paul for the entire election and didn't stumble upon this forum until the election was essentially over.

Reason
09-02-2009, 02:03 AM
I glad this movement is a big tent, but I can't help but to roll my eyes at some of the "Glenn Beck Republicans" and right-wing Christian people who have hopped on the bandwagon (not necessarily this forum in particular, but movement as a whole).

Indeed.

BillyDkid
09-02-2009, 08:56 AM
Not to change the subject, but just some thoughts. Gerald Celente has talked about the rise of a third party - a libertarian/conservative type party. What has pissed me off ever since the campaign is this - we had and maybe still have the makings of a powerful third party - maybe a party that actually is what the Libertarians were supposed to be. To me it seems like it is right there at our feet for the making if we want it, but it does require someone to step up. I had hoped that Dr. Paul would take all his massive support and turn it into an alternative party. You know the way so many of us stepped up and donated massive amounts to Ron's campaign. Don't you think that we would enthusiatically support any party that actually represented out views and desires? Why isn't this happening? I have heard all the arguments about a third party being futile. To me that is nothing but a self fulfilling prophecy.

All parties start somewhere. Never was there a cohesive and powerful political movement in this country like the movement that formed around Ron Paul this last go around. What more golden opportunity could there have been for a real, viable third party to form? We gave, what, 6 million to Dr. Paul's campaign in one single drive. Don't you think we would give just as much or more to support the formation of a party which actually represented out views and the views of millions of Americans who feel represented by no one? It just seems so obvious to me that we should have taken up where the Libertarians left off and that we could have succeeded where the Libertarians failed. Look at what Ross Perot was able to do with support that was a millimeter deep. Our movement has support that is miles deep. I'm afraid it's just going to continue to disintegrate in a million different directions without some central structure and intention.

acptulsa
09-02-2009, 09:00 AM
Well, a lot of us are still working hard to un-hijack the G.O.P. There is something to be said for the strategy, after all.

speciallyblend
09-02-2009, 03:36 PM
Not to change the subject, but just some thoughts. Gerald Celente has talked about the rise of a third party - a libertarian/conservative type party. What has pissed me off ever since the campaign is this - we had and maybe still have the makings of a powerful third party - maybe a party that actually is what the Libertarians were supposed to be. To me it seems like it is right there at our feet for the making if we want it, but it does require someone to step up. I had hoped that Dr. Paul would take all his massive support and turn it into an alternative party. You know the way so many of us stepped up and donated massive amounts to Ron's campaign. Don't you think that we would enthusiatically support any party that actually represented out views and desires? Why isn't this happening? I have heard all the arguments about a third party being futile. To me that is nothing but a self fulfilling prophecy.

All parties start somewhere. Never was there a cohesive and powerful political movement in this country like the movement that formed around Ron Paul this last go around. What more golden opportunity could there have been for a real, viable third party to form? We gave, what, 6 million to Dr. Paul's campaign in one single drive. Don't you think we would give just as much or more to support the formation of a party which actually represented out views and the views of millions of Americans who feel represented by no one? It just seems so obvious to me that we should have taken up where the Libertarians left off and that we could have succeeded where the Libertarians failed. Look at what Ross Perot was able to do with support that was a millimeter deep. Our movement has support that is miles deep. I'm afraid it's just going to continue to disintegrate in a million different directions without some central structure and intention.

I hear you;) the fact is i will still try to show the gop the way,but i can tell you the gop will never see a dime of my money!! but if the gop does not wake up soon. i would be the first to put up the 500 dollar fee to create a viable 3rd party in Colorado,but we do need the leaders of the lp/tp/cp and the ron paul republicans and ron paul dems and indys to wake up as well!! ron paul proved that many from different parties could unite under a NEW PLATFORM Called Liberty. i would gladly charge the fee to create a New Coalition In Colorado. like i have said before if this happened. then the colorado gop would be a 3rd party and this new coalition would be the second major party in Colorado.

Flash
09-02-2009, 03:41 PM

If we were going to go down the Third Party root, it would make sense to use the Libetarian Party, which can easily be infiltrated by Ron Paul, rather than starting a new Libertarian Party. May be just reform it a bit.

inibo
09-02-2009, 03:42 PM

They have been here all along. I disagree with some hyperchristians when it comes to spiritual things and the nature of existence, but many of them have been in the trenches a long time.

speciallyblend
09-02-2009, 04:01 PM
If we were going to go down the Third Party root, it would make sense to use the Libetarian Party, which can easily be infiltrated by Ron Paul, rather than starting a new Libertarian Party. May be just reform it a bit.

naw the lp has been marginalized politically by both the dems and republicans. we need the libertarians but we also need a new brandname name that includes all lp/cp/tp and dems and republicans and indys. then the dems and gop republicans cannot marginalize the movement or the new party!!!

i was lp for many yrs. we need a main stream party and the lp is not cutting it nor is the gop.

ron paul proved even greens and lp/tp/cp and dems and republicans and indys could unite under a NEW PLATFORM also known as a NEW PARTY, i kinda like Liberty Party!!! what we need is leaders of the 3rd parties and some republicans and dems to wake up and smell the coffee!!

NEW BRANDNAME is what is needed!!

note when the gop aligns themselves to a ron paul platform .then we might have a chance ,but i do not see the gop even coming close to a Ron Paul Platform!!

SimpleName
09-02-2009, 07:49 PM
I was banned from another liberal forum and it was the first forum I had ever been a part of. After that a friend told me about this place, so I joined. Hope that helps answer any questions about me.

And I wasn't in the Lib forum for kicks, rather to point out the flaws in their thinking.

2000+ posts in 4 months. You have a lot to say apparently. You have made MANY a great post.

And who cares about noobs? I delightfully welcome them. As long as they are willing to learn and become part of the movement, I'd rather them be here than say...Sean Hannity's forum. Little knowledge, except maybe about how Sean prepares his superhero hair, is gained there. Trolls, though...well...I don't think i need to continue.

EDIT (October): For the record, I think I should point out that I came to the realization that Objectivist was not all too helpful to the movement. Great posts, but ehh...some messed up viewpoints on Iran/Muslims and such. Just for the record. I'm bored.